The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

28 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Drilk, seeing the many desolations, decides to use the same tactic as his enemy. He drinks his duplication potion, and then begins slashing desolation after desolation, fighting alongside himself.

The Desolations aren't just copies. They are actually him. 

Desolations slashed away at the copies, instantly destroying them with their Nohr-maul blades.

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

He nearly gets impaled as Platypus keeps up the attack. "Keep fighting. It'll be ok. Have Subsy back you up if you need it."

"Then how did you not make the connection. I don't look that different."

5 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Wounding blows won't necessarily kill. They will cause very serious injuries that are basically impossible to heal, but they are survivable for someone like a Narrator. It's only an auto-kill if the blade hits the core of one's being.

Unintelligible began mowing down Desolations, bullets leaving lines of light in their wake as he fires repeatedly.

It doesn't make a difference. It was like trying to absorb the ocean with a sponge. 

4 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The Narrationblade or the thing it hit? Cause Narrationblades aren't actually made of Narration and thus couldn't be absorbed.

Platypus let the blade fade back to his belt, then decided that this was doing nothing. He jumped off the roof, and began killing Desolations, moving with such grace that some of their weapons would come within hairs of his skin, never hitting him. He dispatched Desolation after Desolation, searching to find the one that would be the last.

An unseen blade appeared and struck Platypus' side, but by the time he tried to track the blade, it was gone.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

sleeper notices and sprints after the offending blade.

abalodor sticks his staff into the ground and a vacuum taking some desolations into the vacuum.

The Desolations are unaffected by the narrated physics, instead absorbing the narration.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

Desolations slashed away at the copies, instantly destroying them with their Nohr-maul blades.

Ok, got it. And also, the fact that they can kill Drilk’s duplicates this easily suggest that they could kill the real one just as easily, as the only difference is the Mordite blade.

Drilk drops his dagger and grabs for another duplication potion, but comes up empty handed. I’m all out of those, I could use a little help Death, he thought. There was no response. He picked up his dropped dagger and lunges at a nearby desolation, slicing it with the regular dagger.

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

It doesn't make a difference. It was like trying to absorb the ocean with a sponge. 

Unintelligible continued shooting, slowly backing towards the center of the circle. "Is the screaming working? I can't tell."

Is there a central Desolation?

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible continued shooting, slowly backing towards the center of the circle. "Is the screaming working? I can't tell."

Is there a central Desolation?

No.

2 hours ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Ok, got it. And also, the fact that they can kill Drilk’s duplicates this easily suggest that they could kill the real one just as easily, as the only difference is the Mordite blade.

Drilk drops his dagger and grabs for another duplication potion, but comes up empty handed. I’m all out of those, I could use a little help Death, he thought. There was no response. He picked up his dropped dagger and lunges at a nearby desolation, slicing it with the regular dagger.

There would be a resistance to the actual person. Nohr-maul blades can easily topple narrated copies in a single blow.

The regular dagger is Consumed. It will never be seen again.

5 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

An unseen blade appeared and struck Platypus' side, but by the time he tried to track the blade, it was gone.

Luckily this sponge was able to hold an infinite amount of water, it would just take time.

Platypus ignored it as it didn't penetrate his skin.

2 hours ago, Sequence said:

"Guess I just forgot? I did say I was bad with names."

"Rude."

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

Luckily this sponge was able to hold an infinite amount of water, it would just take time.

Platypus ignored it as it didn't penetrate his skin.

"Rude."

The blade was thrust towards Platypus' head at terminal velocity.