The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Another blade jabbed at Platypus' knee, at a velocity that could actually harm him.

velocity doesn't matter to pierce his skin...

Platypus jumped, so tuned in to his surroundings that he sensed it coming. He lands on the flat side of the blade and hits it downward with the Mordite blade.

12 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

velocity doesn't matter to pierce his skin...

Platypus jumped, so tuned in to his surroundings that he sensed it coming. He lands on the flat side of the blade and hits it downward with the Mordite blade.

The blade crackles, and Platypus sees a Foreshadowing (but isn't taken in)

A resolute mind takes to a vengeful mind. Blood unto blood, the flesh is torn. And from the blood, it rains tears. The tears fall and devour all that oppose them. 

But he hit nothing.

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

The blade crackles, and Platypus sees a Foreshadowing (but isn't taken in)

A resolute mind takes to a vengeful mind. Blood unto blood, the flesh is torn. And from the blood, it rains tears. The tears fall and devour all that oppose them. 

But he hit nothing.

Platypus shakes it off, and continues fighting, yelling for whoever was attacking him to come out and fight him, not attack like a coward.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus shakes it off, and continues fighting, yelling for whoever was attacking him to come out and fight him, not attack like a coward.

The invisible inkling responds, "And what? You fight like a coward as well. The illusions? Dishonorably killing your opponent?"

Just now, Aeoryi said:

The invisible inkling responds, "And what? You fight like a coward as well. The illusions? Dishonorably killing your opponent?"

"Illusions? That's Subsy, not me. I don't remember the last time I've used a true illusion. I stole a duplicate potion from Drilk to use in my trick. My illusions don't hold up. They fuzz."

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Illusions? That's Subsy, not me. I don't remember the last time I've used a true illusion. I stole a duplicate potion from Drilk to use in my trick. My illusions don't hold up. They fuzz."

Desolation laughed. "Weakness. In an unconcentrated mind."

22 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Nah, just focus on a different thing. You'll note that you tried to stab me but it didn't penetrate my skin. That's what I'm best at by far."

“Do you need any help platypus?” The Once Author asked. He was pretty worried that the narrator might get himself killed.

6 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Do you need any help platypus?” The Once Author asked. He was pretty worried that the narrator might get himself killed.

"I'll be fine. If Thaid couldn't kill me when we fought, Desolation sure can't. Although, maybe keep the Desolations away from me for a little so I can pinpoint where that sneaky little dog is."

Kilometers wanders over. "Are you not planning on fighting? Either of you?"

As Kilometers approached, he heard Moni speaking animatedly. "-on't hesitate if you break the deal." Subversion opened her mouth to reply, but stopped as Kilometers spoke. "I'm completely out of narration, unfortunately. Desolation's absorbed it all, and without my power I'm basically useless in a fight. As for Moni, well..."

"I don't like fighting people, and I can't kill them." Moni grimaced. "I might be able to help, but I don't trust myself to use this Plotblade. It's.... dangerous."

21 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I'll be fine. If Thaid couldn't kill me when we fought, Desolation sure can't. Although, maybe keep the Desolations away from me for a little so I can pinpoint where that sneaky little dog is."

The Once-Author summoned his Authorblade and lunged at one of the Desolations.

@Aeoryi

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

As Kilometers approached, he heard Moni speaking animatedly. "-on't hesitate if you break the deal." Subversion opened her mouth to reply, but stopped as Kilometers spoke. "I'm completely out of narration, unfortunately. Desolation's absorbed it all, and without my power I'm basically useless in a fight. As for Moni, well..."

"I don't like fighting people, and I can't kill them." Moni grimaced. "I might be able to help, but I don't trust myself to use this Plotblade. It's.... dangerous."

"What... actually, I don't want Desolation to hear it, but I will be bringing this up later. Also, you're out of that? I thought you had near infinite. And you can't... won't say that either cause I don't want Desolation hearing it either."

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"What... actually, I don't want Desolation to hear it, but I will be bringing this up later. Also, you're out of that? I thought you had near infinite. And you can't... won't say that either cause I don't want Desolation hearing it either."

"Sorry to say it, but I'm actually out. Technically, I'm not even a Narrator right now. I'd be worried about Platypus killing me if he wasn't so preoccupied with Desolation. He probably won't ignore the potentially thread-ending threat for our vendetta." Subversion chuckled nervously. "Of course, Moni would protect me, wouldn't you, Moni?"

Moni shrugged. "Yes. And Kilometers, It's probably not what you're thinking about my inability to kill people. There's no mystical reason behind it."

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"Sorry to say it, but I'm actually out. Technically, I'm not even a Narrator right now. I'd be worried about Platypus killing me if he wasn't so preoccupied with Desolation. He probably won't ignore the potentially thread-ending threat for our vendetta." Subversion chuckled nervously. "Of course, Moni would protect me, wouldn't you, Moni?"

Moni shrugged. "Yes. And Kilometers, It's probably not what you're thinking about my inability to kill people. There's no mystical reason behind it."

Platypus yells, "I would kill you if Desolation wasn't being a coward. Because of that, you're safe for now." Then he turned his attention back to fighting.

"Well, that's unfortunate. Oh well." Kilometers shrugs.

1 minute ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Drilk expertly cut one of the Desolations with his Mordite dagger, destroying it. He ignored the gaping wound in his side, he’d died in worse ways. I should not have let Platypus take that potion, he thought.

The wound healed, Narrated by the handy-dandy near-unkillable being fighting near him.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus yells, "I would kill you if Desolation wasn't being a coward. Because of that, you're safe for now." Then he turned his attention back to fighting.

"Well, that's unfortunate. Oh well." Kilometers shrugs.

"Unfortunate? Why, were you hoping I was cursed or something?"

"I can't do that too many times before Desolation figures out a way to absorb the Narration on its way to your body," Platypus warns.

“Thanks for the warning, if it becomes a problem to heal me just let me die, I can take it.”

Just now, Nameless* said:

"Unfortunate? Why, were you hoping I was cursed or something?"

"Well I meant that it was unfortunate that you couldn't fight, but also you being cursed would be cool."

Just now, Lightweaver2 said:

“Thanks for the warning, if it becomes a problem to heal me just let me die, I can take it.”

Wow, he's way less angry than I thought he would be about me reading his mind, Platypus thought.