The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author narrated away one of the Desolations, then slashed one with his Authorblade. It passed right through, doing nothing.

Can someone please explain how narrating stuff away (specifically people/beings) works?

3 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Can someone please explain how narrating stuff away (specifically people/beings) works?

Narration basically changes reality, is my understanding of it. You could also see it as being transferred to a parallel universe where the thing that got Narrated either happened or didn't happen (based on what the Narration was)

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I... might. I might also kill everyone involved, or at least the easy-to-kill ones."

"Well, worst case scenario, you should probably do that, then if you survive, try to do it to Darkness."

10 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Narration basically changes reality, is my understanding of it. You could also see it as being transferred to a parallel universe where the thing that got Narrated either happened or didn't happen (based on what the Narration was)

So can you just Narrate a person away? 

Drilk teleports to an open area, taking a short brake from the fight. He would be more useful rested and fighting than dead because he was exhausted and being revived slowly. At the place where he teleported to he found a pile of potions, mostly duplication ones. “Thanks Death,” he whispered, knowing she could hear him.

21 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I won't risk killing everyone. I can't risk it."

"Worst case is that everyone is already dead..."

9 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

So can you just Narrate a person away? 

Drilk teleports to an open area, taking a short brake from the fight. He would be more useful rested and fighting than dead because he was exhausted and being revived slowly. At the place where he teleported to he found a pile of potions, mostly duplication ones. “Thanks Death,” he whispered, knowing she could hear him.

If you have powerful enough Narration and you have the Author's permission (assuming its an important character). We don't Narrate important things w/out permission. 

5 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Worst case is that everyone is already dead..."

If you have powerful enough Narration and you have the Author's permission (assuming its an important character). We don't Narrate important things w/out permission. 

Got it, thank you!

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Nah, just focus on a different thing. You'll note that you tried to stab me but it didn't penetrate my skin. That's what I'm best at by far."

"I agree"

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"What... actually, I don't want Desolation to hear it, but I will be bringing this up later. Also, you're out of that? I thought you had near infinite. And you can't... won't say that either cause I don't want Desolation hearing it either."

Cognition, who had been watching over Kilo, decided to speak. "Desolation will notice if you keep talking."

"I can't do that too many times before Desolation figures out a way to absorb the Narration on its way to your body," Platypus warns.

The gooey figures melded together, and made something. They were reforming rapidly.

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

"Sorry to say it, but I'm actually out. Technically, I'm not even a Narrator right now. I'd be worried about Platypus killing me if he wasn't so preoccupied with Desolation. He probably won't ignore the potentially thread-ending threat for our vendetta." Subversion chuckled nervously. "Of course, Moni would protect me, wouldn't you, Moni?"

Moni shrugged. "Yes. And Kilometers, It's probably not what you're thinking about my inability to kill people. There's no mystical reason behind it."

Cognition chimed in, "He wants to kill me as well. He wants to kill me for something Desolation has done."

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author summoned his Authorblade and lunged at one of the Desolations.

@Aeoryi

But the desolation was already melding into a puddle. Something very strange was happening.

"Well I meant that it was unfortunate that you couldn't fight, but also you being cursed would be cool."

Wow, he's way less angry than I thought he would be about me reading his mind, Platypus thought.

All of the goo rejoined at the top of Urithiru, becoming a dark pillar in the sky. At the top of the pillar was a platform, made out of a glinting prism material. 

Platypus was narrated up there, and reverse traces were made of everyone who had narration. The platform was surrounded by a subspace bubble, denying access to those below.

All of the black liquid formed into one evershifting character. A character incapable of change, yet always flowing. A character who was done injustice, and had done injustice. An inkling at core, but more twisted then ever before.

Desolation stared at platypus, Foreshadowing in one hand and a Nohr-Maul blade in the other, both crackling with the dark energy of Nameless, capable of cutting anything. A pure Narrationblade sat on his back, and finally he spoke.

"You wanted a true battle, platypus? Well then, let's fight."

"This is the final fight of desolation. Platypus may kill him when I give the permissions to do so.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

This is the final fight of desolation. Platypus may kill him when I give the permissions to do so.

:( Falvan fought until he saw one of the Desilations that stood out. He knew it was the one. Suddenly, he easily flew past the others till he was standing next to the Desolation. “Your trip ends here.” He said.

1 hour ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

:( Falvan fought until he saw one of the Desilations that stood out. He knew it was the one. Suddenly, he easily flew past the others till he was standing next to the Desolation. “Your trip ends here.” He said.

"Change? How intriguing." The Desolation split, and another one formed carrying a dark object, something almost impossible. 

he was carrying a death metal guitar sword, one that looked exactly similar to Falvan's "weapon". 

"Come to fail me again, I see?"

8 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

"I agree"

Cognition, who had been watching over Kilo, decided to speak. "Desolation will notice if you keep talking."

The gooey figures melded together, and made something. They were reforming rapidly.

Cognition chimed in, "He wants to kill me as well. He wants to kill me for something Desolation has done."

But the desolation was already melding into a puddle. Something very strange was happening.

All of the goo rejoined at the top of Urithiru, becoming a dark pillar in the sky. At the top of the pillar was a platform, made out of a glinting prism material. 

Platypus was narrated up there, and reverse traces were made of everyone who had narration. The platform was surrounded by a subspace bubble, denying access to those below.

All of the black liquid formed into one evershifting character. A character incapable of change, yet always flowing. A character who was done injustice, and had done injustice. An inkling at core, but more twisted then ever before.

Desolation stared at platypus, Foreshadowing in one hand and a Nohr-Maul blade in the other, both crackling with the dark energy of Nameless, capable of cutting anything. A pure Narrationblade sat on his back, and finally he spoke.

"You wanted a true battle, platypus? Well then, let's fight."

"This is the final fight of desolation. Platypus may kill him when I give the permissions to do so.

Platypus looked around, gauging the terrain. "Your move Desolation," he said, eyes flashing, reflecting the light of Vengeance. His blades all emited a small glow, excepting the Mordite blade that seemed to be absorbing the light from the other blades.

4 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus looked around, gauging the terrain. "Your move Desolation," he said, eyes flashing, reflecting the light of Vengeance. His blades all emited a small glow, excepting the Mordite blade that seemed to be absorbing the light from the other blades.

A golden strand flew around Desolation, flying at Platypus. At the same time, Desolation lunged with Foreshadowing, trying to score a hit on Platypus.

4 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author sat down and begun to write in the air, an extremely strong, complex narration. 
Unrelated question: Is Mordite to Prismite what Antimatter is to Matter?

Similar. Ask @Nameless*

The reverse trace resisted that, but ultimately it could not undo what the author could.

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Similar. Ask @Nameless*

The reverse trace resisted that, but ultimately it could not undo what the author could.

The Once Author grabbed one of the desolations, and pulled it down. He drew a glowing line from it to the ground. When the line hit the ground a pool appeared there, first small, then it began to grow. “Pure Narration.” 
The inklings absorb narration right? I’m trying to drain it out of them, I think.

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once Author grabbed one of the desolations, and pulled it down. He drew a glowing line from it to the ground. When the line hit the ground a pool appeared there, first small, then it began to grow. “Pure Narration.” 
The inklings absorb narration right? I’m trying to drain it out of them, I think.

desolation already solved that problem, and made it impossible to do in a significant manner.

It did not work. Narration was lost from the Once Author, but it ultimately ended up trickling out of Desolation in a pathetic amount comparable to a sink faucet dripping 

Just now, Aeoryi said:

desolation already solved that problem, and made it impossible to do in a significant manner.

It did not work. Narration was lost from the Once Author, but it ultimately ended up trickling out of Desolation in a pathetic amount comparable to a sink faucet dripping 

“Dumb time.” The Once Author said. So he sped it up, solely for Desolation. A dripping faucet may be small, but over time the water grows. The puddle began growing faster.