The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

8 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once Author made a snail shadow puppet in a way that said “Okay, that makes sense.” Or maybe “Go away, rats take vents.”

The snail shadow pupped was eaten by a much bigger shadow puppet without the puppet part. 

On 9/22/2023 at 4:16 PM, Sequence said:

Everyone shrugged and handed Kilometers a brick of C4.

"Where did you even get that?"

On 9/22/2023 at 4:26 PM, Aeoryi said:

But Desolation was still faster. Golden threads lined the ground, entangled in the air, and acted like traps. Touching a single one could ruin your composure, cutting all of them would take to long. Desolation formed around them, not letting them hinder his speed, and then struck platypus with the Nohr-maul blade.

First Platypus cut the threads that came near him, then he knocked the Nohr-Maul blade aside so it wouldn't steal his Narration.

Then Platypus purposefully Connected to Desolation's mind. He made sure the connection was untraceable, then he started whispering commands, using the voice that he had heard when he killed Thaidakar, the one he suspected Desolation had heard too. Don't kill him. I have a plan for him. Hopefully that would make it easier to kill Desolation.

20 hours ago, Nameless* said:

A lot of mysterious stuff (AKA stuff I don't know) but relevant here is it's ability to suppress energy.

I've been thinking of doing a little bit with Ennulers. I will probably consult the authorities (zephrum's emporium) on what they can do and use that when I do my stuff.

23 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

HIT DESOLATION ALREDAY!

Look, I've been gone!

Undodog, aka Undog, decided to point out: "who would read a novel about this, all we do is sit around, talk, and create increasingly op (and meta) powers and use them to keep the plot from continuing." with that statement, desolation is clubbed in the head by no one the Phancero, using a brick of c255. "now, who's with me on continuing the minor plots, i remember something about a school?"

Edited by Just_a_Fan_YT

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Where did you even get that?"

First Platypus cut the threads that came near him, then he knocked the Nohr-Maul blade aside so it wouldn't steal his Narration.

Then Platypus purposefully Connected to Desolation's mind. He made sure the connection was untraceable, then he started whispering commands, using the voice that he had heard when he killed Thaidakar, the one he suspected Desolation had heard too. Don't kill him. I have a plan for him. Hopefully that would make it easier to kill Desolation.

I've been thinking of doing a little bit with Ennulers. I will probably consult the authorities (zephrum's emporium) on what they can do and use that when I do my stuff.

Look, I've been gone!

The connection spoke back: "YOU FOOL! HAVE YOU NO THOUGHT FOR WHAT HE IS? I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, PLATYPUS"

ALL of Platypus' Narration immediately vanished, leaving him completely. The connection was cut, and then Desolation formed into a puddle.

This is what happens when YOU make connections with a narration stealing monster. With any luck, it probably is still around in trace amounts, but for now, he has no narration. By page 2560 he should have enough narration to be a narrator again. It will gradually return.

31 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan continued to fight. He stabbed at Desolation, with his normal sword, even though he knew it would not do much. At least it would distract him.

Desolation left. He has stolen Platypus' Narration.

"Alright, Time to do my plan."

Unintelligible dismissed his revolvers, took a deep breath, and started talking.

"Cognition, we're going to need that Desolation-finding box."

@Aeoryi

"Falvan, you were foreshadowed to beat Desolation, and even if it's not guaranteed it still gives us a chance. What happened at the Dreamsmith?"

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

"Abalodor, you're coming too. We need reliable non-Narrator firepower, and that new staff seems to work pretty good."

@TheRavenHasLanded

"Once Author, I don't believe Desolation can steal whatever Narration-equivalent you have, and you're probably our best method for transport, so you're coming. Hopefully we can figure out how to stop Desolation's power-suppression."

@Ancient Elantrian

"Hacob, you got that Plotblade? You're coming. Leave Platypus though, he's too used to being immortal."

@Being of Cacophony

"Drilk, your potions seem useful, and that Mordite blade will kill Desolation if we can hit him with it."

@Lightweaver2

"I think that's everyone, but if I forgot anyone who wants to come, just speak up."

Unintelligible paused to take another breath, then continued.

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Bringing Narrators to fight a being who specializes at fighting Narrators and absorbing their power is stupid. Subversion, Thaidakar, Nameless, and now Platypus have all fought that guy, and none of them have managed to stop him. So we're going to go after him, and we're going to do it without Narrators. Here's the plan: Cognition, you said a mental attack was the best way to stop Desolation? Then you and me will do that, try to get his defenses down while the others attack physically. Drilk and Hacob, you guys have the weapons that can put Desolation down for good. That Mordite dagger and that Plotblade are our only weapons that we know will work, so everyone had better do their best to keep them safe. Now, Desolation has stolen a lot of Narration, but judging from the way Subversion looks like she wishes she hadn't promised not to attack Platypus until Desolation was killed, I'd say that he hasn't stolen their Narratorhood. That means his powers will be limited, and we can run him out of Narration eventually. So we find Desolation, Cognition and I attack him mentally, and the rest of you all attack physically, trying to either run him out of Narration so it'll be easy to stop him, or kill him outright with the Mordite dagger or the Plotblade. Sound like a good plan?"

1 minute ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

@Being of Cacophony will not be happy.

Makes sense though. Inklings have been established to have very powerful Connection abilities, and a narrator has yet to be able to prevent Desolation from stealing their powers even when they didn't forge a Connection, untraceable or not.

Just now, Nameless* said:

"Once Author, I don't believe Desolation can steal whatever Narration-equivalent you have, and you're probably our best method for transport, so you're coming. Hopefully we can figure out how to stop Desolation's power-suppression."

The Once-Author nodded.

THAT FEELS SO MUCH LIKE THE SCENE IN AVENGERS: ENDGAME.

AVENGERS: ASSEMBLE!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!

17 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible dismissed his revolvers, took a deep breath, and started talking.

@Aeoryi

"Falvan, you were foreshadowed to beat Desolation, and even if it's not guaranteed it still gives us a chance. What happened at the Dreamsmith?"

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

"Abalodor, you're coming too. We need reliable non-Narrator firepower, and that new staff seems to work pretty good."

@TheRavenHasLanded

@Ancient Elantrian

"Hacob, you got that Plotblade? You're coming. Leave Platypus though, he's too used to being immortal."

@Being of Cacophony

"Drilk, your potions seem useful, and that Mordite blade will kill Desolation if we can hit him with it."

@Lightweaver2

"I think that's everyone, but if I forgot anyone who wants to come, just speak up."

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Bringing Narrators to fight a being who specializes at fighting Narrators and absorbing their power is stupid. Subversion, Thaidakar, Nameless, and now Platypus have all fought that guy, and none of them have managed to stop him. So we're going to go after him, and we're going to do it without Narrators. Here's the plan: Cognition, you said a mental attack was the best way to stop Desolation? Then you and me will do that, try to get his defenses down while the others attack physically. Drilk and Hacob, you guys have the weapons that can put Desolation down for good. That Mordite dagger and that Plotblade are our only weapons that we know will work, so everyone had better do their best to keep them safe. Now, Desolation has stolen a lot of Narration, but judging from the way Subversion looks like she wishes she hadn't promised not to attack Platypus until Desolation was killed, I'd say that he hasn't stolen their Narratorhood. That means his powers will be limited, and we can run him out of Narration eventually. So we find Desolation, Cognition and I attack him mentally, and the rest of you all attack physically, trying to either run him out of Narration so it'll be easy to stop him, or kill him outright with the Mordite dagger or the Plotblade. Sound like a good plan?"

Makes sense though. Inklings have been established to have very powerful Connection abilities, and a narrator has yet to be able to prevent Desolation from stealing their powers even when they didn't forge a Connection, untraceable or not.

Falvan straightened up. “I was given a weapon.” He held up the heap of twisted metal. It’s power is directly pinkies to me. It may give us a chance to kill hum, but it also probably won’t.  Nevertheles. I must try. I must fix what I have done.

“I will help.” A distant voice sounded. A  pebble dropped form the sky. “Pick up the peddle,” the voice sounded “it will be useful.”

3 hours ago, Just_a_Fan_YT said:

desolation is clubbed in the head by no one the Phancero, using a brick of c255.

pls finish desolation with something random and silly. the very being of this thread. snipe him with peddle the pebble. can we blow him up?

Edited by Just_a_Fan_YT

43 minutes ago, Just_a_Fan_YT said:

pls finish desolation with something random and silly. the very being of this thread. snipe him with peddle the pebble. can we blow him up?

No. He must have a good end not be ended by some random inconsiderate 16 year old (not refering to anyone here just an example)

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

@Aeoryi

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

@TheRavenHasLanded

@Ancient Elantrian

@Being of Cacophony

@Lightweaver2

Cognition placed the gold boxing in Unintelligible's hand.

14 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

The connection spoke back: "YOU FOOL! HAVE YOU NO THOUGHT FOR WHAT HE IS? I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, PLATYPUS"

ALL of Platypus' Narration immediately vanished, leaving him completely. The connection was cut, and then Desolation formed into a puddle.

This is what happens when YOU make connections with a narration stealing monster. With any luck, it probably is still around in trace amounts, but for now, he has no narration. By page 2560 he should have enough narration to be a narrator again. It will gradually return.

Desolation left. He has stolen Platypus' Narration.

That's not how that would work. You know the part about it being untraceable? I meant that. And also due to plot things I have in mind later down the line, that wouldn't be possible for reasons you see later down the line. For now we'll just go with the fact that Platypus has been fighting without Narration. He didn't have any for that fight. I'll explain more in a mega post later.

Desolation has no new Narration. Platypus smiles, then floats to the ground. "That's exactly how I wanted that to go."

14 hours ago, Nameless* said:

@Aeoryi

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

@TheRavenHasLanded

@Ancient Elantrian

@Being of Cacophony

@Lightweaver2

Platypus smiles at Subversion. "Sorry Subsy, but I need Hacob here with me. I need to explain something to him, and it will take a long time. We'll show up later."

I'm not particularly happy about how @Aeoryi decided to make things play out, but I can work with it. It actually kinda goes along with my current ideas

Edited by Being of Cacophony

14 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author nodded.

11 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Cognition placed the gold boxing in Unintelligible's hand.

Unintelligible hands the gold boxing to the Once-Author. "You can use this to take us to Desolation?

14 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan straightened up. “I was given a weapon.” He held up the heap of twisted metal. It’s power is directly pinkies to me. It may give us a chance to kill hum, but it also probably won’t.  Nevertheles. I must try. I must fix what I have done.

“I will help.” A distant voice sounded. A  pebble dropped form the sky. “Pick up the peddle,” the voice sounded “it will be useful.”

"That's alright Falvan, we can work with it." Unintelligible picks up the pebble. "Have I seen you before?

11 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalodor is thrilled. "HELL YEAH"

"I like the attitude."

19 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus smiles at Subversion. "Sorry Subsy, but I need Hacob here with me. I need to explain something to him, and it will take a long time. We'll show up later."

Unintelligible coughs. "No 'we'. Hacob can come, but you're staying here. We aren't taking any Narrators. I don't care what precautions you've taken, it's too dangerous. It'll be hard enough for us to beat Desolation as is without giving him a chance at more power. And if Hacob won't be coming along until later, can you at least give us the Plotblade he has? We'll need it."

8 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible hands the gold boxing to the Once-Author. "You can use this to take us to Desolation?

"That's alright Falvan, we can work with it." Unintelligible picks up the pebble. "Have I seen you before?

"I like the attitude."

Unintelligible coughs. "No 'we'. Hacob can come, but you're staying here. We aren't taking any Narrators. I don't care what precautions you've taken, it's too dangerous. It'll be hard enough for us to beat Desolation as is without giving him a chance at more power. And if Hacob won't be coming along until later, can you at least give us the Plotblade he has? We'll need it."

Platypus smirks. "If you don't want Narrators, you don't want Hacob. I don't have Narration. Haven't had it for a while, actually. Just been using plot manipulation. And Unintelligible, what are the odds that Desolation sees you don't have any Narrators then disappears and comes here? I think they're pretty good... We'll be along later, then we can use the Plotblade."

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus smirks. "If you don't want Narrators, you don't want Hacob. I don't have Narration. Haven't had it for a while, actually. Just been using plot manipulation. And Unintelligible, what are the odds that Desolation sees you don't have any Narrators then disappears and comes here? I think they're pretty good... We'll be along later, then we can use the Plotblade."

Unintelligible scowls. "You can all leave here, hide somewhere Desolation can't find you. And you won't be coming along. It will ruin everything. I'd rather go without Hacob and that Plotblade than let a Narrator get involved."

13 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible scowls. "You can all leave here, hide somewhere Desolation can't find you. And you won't be coming along. It will ruin everything. I'd rather go without Hacob and that Plotblade than let a Narrator get involved."

Platypus laughs. "Unintelligible, are you listening? I. Don't. Have. Narration. And it's not like you could stop me from coming if I wanted to. But I digress. How do you propose we leave? I don't have Narration, Subsy doesn't have Narration, and I bet Desolation will absorb the Once-Author's Narration, because make no mistake, that is Narration that is just on a different level from ours. So how do you suggest we leave?"

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus laughs. "Unintelligible, are you listening? I. Don't. Have. Narration. And it's not like you could stop me from coming if I wanted to. But I digress. How do you propose we leave? I don't have Narration, Subsy doesn't have Narration, and I bet Desolation will absorb the Once-Author's Narration, because make no mistake, that is Narration that is just on a different level from ours. So how do you suggest we leave?"

"You're not coming, and I can stop you. You're still a Narrator no matter if you've expelled all your Narration or not. You're still Connected to it. And you're wrong about the Once-Author. Every time they've met so far, Desolation hasn't even tried to take his power. All he's been able to do is suppress it."

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"You're not coming, and I can stop you. You're still a Narrator no matter if you've expelled all your Narration or not. You're still Connected to it. And you're wrong about the Once-Author. Every time they've met so far, Desolation hasn't even tried to take his power. All he's been able to do is suppress it."

"I won't come, but not cause you said so. It's because I have more important things I need to do. There is... stuff that is going to happen that I need to prepare people for. Hacob will come with me. He will join you later, if you want him. You might not want him later. And... Desolation didn't try to take my Narration until just barely, him not trying to take someone's Narration is no proof that he can't."