The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

"I won't come, but not cause you said so. It's because I have more important things I need to do. There is... stuff that is going to happen that I need to prepare people for. Hacob will come with me. He will join you later, if you want him. You might not want him later. And... Desolation didn't try to take my Narration until just barely, him not trying to take someone's Narration is no proof that he can't."

Unintelligible shrugged. "I'll take the chance. I figure a former Author has better control over their power than anyone else."

52 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible hands the gold boxing to the Once-Author. "You can use this to take us to Desolation?

"That's alright Falvan, we can work with it." Unintelligible picks up the pebble. "Have I seen you before?

"I like the attitude."

Unintelligible coughs. "No 'we'. Hacob can come, but you're staying here. We aren't taking any Narrators. I don't care what precautions you've taken, it's too dangerous. It'll be hard enough for us to beat Desolation as is without giving him a chance at more power. And if Hacob won't be coming along until later, can you at least give us the Plotblade he has? We'll need it."

“Yeah, I can bring us there.” He took the gold boxing, and began narrating.

Just now, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible shrugged. "I'll take the chance. I figure a former Author has better control over their power than anyone else."

"I don't think that it'll work the way you think... They don't have more control because they were an Author, if anything they'd have less because it's so different down here." Platypus turns to the Once-Author. "Look, I'm not going, so I'll give you the advice right now. Set up something that prevents Desolation's dampening of your powers. Also, make sure not to bring me, Hacob, or Subsy when you transport cause Unintelligible will get angry."

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I don't think that it'll work the way you think... They don't have more control because they were an Author, if anything they'd have less because it's so different down here." Platypus turns to the Once-Author. "Look, I'm not going, so I'll give you the advice right now. Set up something that prevents Desolation's dampening of your powers. Also, make sure not to bring me, Hacob, or Subsy when you transport cause Unintelligible will get angry."

I think Desolation might be not physically around...

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

“Okay.” The Once Author said. He set up a narration to keep himself from being locked. “We’ll be transporting in 3, 2, 1…”

The world they were in melted away and they were whisked across space.

@Nameless*

No, I didn’t take any of Platypus’s characters.

33 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

I am called them 

"Good to meet you. Do you have any powers that'd be helpful against Desolation? Oh, and you're not a Narrator, right?"

38 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Okay.” The Once Author said. He set up a narration to keep himself from being locked. “We’ll be transporting in 3, 2, 1…”

The world they were in melted away and they were whisked across space.

Unintelligible immediately pulled out his revolvers and spun around, looking for Desolation.
@Aeoryi

12 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Good to meet you. Do you have any powers that'd be helpful against Desolation? Oh, and you're not a Narrator, right?"

Unintelligible immediately pulled out his revolvers and spun around, looking for Desolation.
@Aeoryi

I gave a morphable body, but I am not a narrator. I draw form my surroundings to make a body, and I can grow large. 

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

“We are one and the same,” Platypus began. “You are me and I am you. I knew this was coming. I have arrived at the age, but this time, the cycle must be broken. But you don’t understand yet. Let us start at the beginning.”

A blue energy came from Platypus’ head, forming a line between both of their heads, Connecting them.

Platypus in a medieval kingdom, standing with another, who strangely looked… just like Hacob?

“That was me.” Platypus’ disembodied voice echoed through the courtyard, though no one else seemed to hear it. “But I wasn’t the one you probably think. I looked just like you Hacob. It is our curse. You know how there is only one Immortal Platypus, and that it is me? That is caused by the curse.”

The Platypus slowly faded from view.

“The fading. I can feel it beginning to take me, but I think I’ll be able to stop it.”

The one that looked like Hacob slowly changed and looked exactly like Platypus.

“The transformation.”

Platypus left the town, and as he left, the town was consumed in a fireball.

“No one is ever left to testify of the transformation, only the Platypus.”

The vision faded from their view. “You are becoming me. You have my Narration, though I can occasionally access it. Desolation doesn’t have any Narration from trying to take it from me, because it is yours. But I have felt myself changing, and not in the way the fading causes. You will eventually see. But I have a plan. And the cycle will end, you will be the last Platypus.”

6 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

"Likely he fled. The cube device needs a few moments to recalibrate, and you have to surround it on all sides in order for it to work."

"All right. Once Author, you do that. Everyone else, stay alert."

@Ancient Elantrian

5 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

“We are one and the same,” Platypus began. “You are me and I am you. I knew this was coming. I have arrived at the age, but this time, the cycle must be broken. But you don’t understand yet. Let us start at the beginning.”

A blue energy came from Platypus’ head, forming a line between both of their heads, Connecting them.

Platypus in a medieval kingdom, standing with another, who strangely looked… just like Hacob?

“That was me.” Platypus’ disembodied voice echoed through the courtyard, though no one else seemed to hear it. “But I wasn’t the one you probably think. I looked just like you Hacob. It is our curse. You know how there is only one Immortal Platypus, and that it is me? That is caused by the curse.”

The Platypus slowly faded from view.

“The fading. I can feel it beginning to take me, but I think I’ll be able to stop it.”

The one that looked like Hacob slowly changed and looked exactly like Platypus.

“The transformation.”

Platypus left the town, and as he left, the town was consumed in a fireball.

“No one is ever left to testify of the transformation, only the Platypus.”

The vision faded from their view. “You are becoming me. You have my Narration, though I can occasionally access it. Desolation doesn’t have any Narration from trying to take it from me, because it is yours. But I have felt myself changing, and not in the way the fading causes. You will eventually see. But I have a plan. And the cycle will end, you will be the last Platypus.”

"What!? Platypus, you can't die!" Subversion appeared, illusion she'd been hiding behind vanishing as she lost the concentration to uphold it. "You're my favorite person on this thread!"

Edited by Nameless*

15 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"All right. Once Author, you do that. Everyone else, stay alert."

@Ancient Elantrian

"What!? Platypus, you can't die!" Subversion appeared, illusion she'd been hiding behind vanishing as she lost the concentration to uphold it. "You're my favorite person on this thread!"

"Subsy, first off, how did you even see that. Second off, I'm not going to die, that's how I'm gonna break the cycle. Third off... I'm actually not sure where I was going with this, my brain just caught up with what you're saying. I'm your favorite person???"