The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"You should know. I made it. It's not hard to guess."

“Oh, it isn’t.” The glowing fog spun into a vortex around the middle of the arena, lightning shooting up into a Blade held by a figure hovering in the center of the maelstrom.

Subversion shouted, flying down towards the pool at supersonic speeds, Narrationblade crackling with power.

10 hours ago, Nameless* said:

“Oh, it isn’t.” The glowing fog spun into a vortex around the middle of the arena, lightning shooting up into a Blade held by a figure hovering in the center of the maelstrom.

Subversion shouted, flying down towards the pool at supersonic speeds, Narrationblade crackling with power.

The pool, whipped into a waterspout by the vortex, crashed against the walls of the arena, splattering the walls with water. Suddenly the pool empties, and Platypus bursts at Subversion from the sandy area. "I'm a Platypus," he said with a smirk. "We like the sand."

He rushed forward and jumped, slashing his Blades at Subversion, blocking any and all counterattacks, all whilst weaving a pattern to prevent illusions.

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The pool, whipped into a waterspout by the vortex, crashed against the walls of the arena, splattering the walls with water. Suddenly the pool empties, and Platypus bursts at Subversion from the sandy area. "I'm a Platypus," he said with a smirk. "We like the sand."

He rushed forward and jumped, slashing his Blades at Subversion, blocking any and all counterattacks, all whilst weaving a pattern to prevent illusions.

I knew you were a platypus

"I knew you were a platypus" Xiahida calls out

18 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Subversion retreats across the arena, barely keeping up with Platypus’s attacks. “Oh come on, you’re not going to use Vengeance? I find that very rude. It’s by far your most powerful weapon against me.” She spun into an attack, the shreds of fog reforming, solidifying around Platypus and hampering his movement.

1 hour ago, Xiahida said:

I knew you were a platypus

"I knew you were a platypus" Xiahida calls out

I'm not a platypus, I'm a Platypus

"I'm not."

56 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion retreats across the arena, barely keeping up with Platypus’s attacks. “Oh come on, you’re not going to use Vengeance? I find that very rude. It’s by far your most powerful weapon against me.” She spun into an attack, the shreds of fog reforming, solidifying around Platypus and hampering his movement.

"Just want to prove I don't need it. No excuses for you." The mist seemed to be sucked into the speckled blade, which began glowing, emitting an eerie purple light. A beam of spotted light shoots out of it, and the arena changed. The pool filled back up, and everything besides the grass turned into water. The blade seems to be melting as it does this. He spins to the side, letting the Narrationblade hit the Mordite blade hanging from his side.

"Heck, I'll even fight you with just my one Blade." He throws the speckled blade and it seems to enter the air and disappear. He drops the Mordite blade from his belt, and it too fades away. Vengeance still hasn't appeared. Luxblade gleaming, he slashed it through the remaining fog, seeming to banish it. He continued to pursue the attack.

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

and Platypus bursts at Subversion from the sandy area. "I'm a Platypus," he said with a smirk. "We like the sand."

I rest my case

1 minute ago, Sequence said:

"So, who are you rooting for?" Everyone asked whoever was watching the fight.

"Death" Johny replied, at the edge of his seat

17 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Just want to prove I don't need it. No excuses for you." The mist seemed to be sucked into the speckled blade, which began glowing, emitting an eerie purple light. A beam of spotted light shoots out of it, and the arena changed. The pool filled back up, and everything besides the grass turned into water. The blade seems to be melting as it does this. He spins to the side, letting the Narrationblade hit the Mordite blade hanging from his side.

"Heck, I'll even fight you with just my one Blade." He throws the speckled blade and it seems to enter the air and disappear. He drops the Mordite blade from his belt, and it too fades away. Vengeance still hasn't appeared. Luxblade gleaming, he slashed it through the remaining fog, seeming to banish it. He continued to pursue the attack.

“Excuses? I won’t give any. I know you’re better than me in a fight like this.” Subversion continues to give ground, only just managing to survive Platypus’s attacks. “You’ve had more practice, and besides that fighting just isn’t what I’m best at. Every Narrator has their specialty, and mine lies outside the realm of traditional combat.” She smirked, teleporting to the other side of the arena to get some space. “Knowing that, I’ve made sure to prepare accordingly.”

The illusion-preventing pattern that Platypus was weaving ended, and Subversion disappeared.

40 minutes ago, Xiahida said:

I rest my case

"Death" Johny replied, at the edge of his seat

notice how it was capitalized. 

34 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

“Excuses? I won’t give any. I know you’re better than me in a fight like this.” Subversion continues to give ground, only just managing to survive Platypus’s attacks. “You’ve had more practice, and besides that fighting just isn’t what I’m best at. Every Narrator has their specialty, and mine lies outside the realm of traditional combat.” She smirked, teleporting to the other side of the arena to get some space. “Knowing that, I’ve made sure to prepare accordingly.”

The illusion-preventing pattern that Platypus was weaving ended, and Subversion disappeared.

"Well that's good. I learned this from Thaid." Platypus jumped into the air, and stayed there floating. Then he slashed his Luxblade, and the arena changed. Instead of where they were, they fought on an active volcano, which was currently erupting. "How do you feel about the terrain?" he asked with a cocky smirk.

8 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

notice how it was capitalized. 

"Well that's good. I learned this from Thaid." Platypus jumped into the air, and stayed there floating. Then he slashed his Luxblade, and the arena changed. Instead of where they were, they fought on an active volcano, which was currently erupting. "How do you feel about the terrain?" he asked with a cocky smirk.

A burst of lava shot up towards Platypus, then split apart as Subversion erupted from it, Narrationblade swinging for Platypus’s throat.

Edited by Nameless*

4 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus laughed, spinning and ducking. He slashed in a circle, then rolled, moving a little down the hill.

Platypus’s sword went through Subversion’s head, dispersing the illusion. Three more Subversions leapt at Platypus from behind.

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Platypus’s sword went through Subversion’s head, dispersing the illusion. Three more Subversions leapt at Platypus from behind.

Platypus swept through all of them with a single stroke. "Is this all you can muster? I can beat five of you at once."

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus swept through all of them with a single stroke. "Is this all you can muster? I can beat five of you at once."

"I suppose you can at that." The real Subversion appeared in front of Platypus, holding two Blades. "Still not going to use Vengeance?"

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion held up the small dagger so that Platypus could see it better. "Endings. Moni let me borrow it."

"Huh. I wondered what you were doing. In that case, it's a fair fight if I use Vengeance." Vengeance materialized in his hand, glowing with a bright gleam that cuts through the smoke.

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Huh. I wondered what you were doing. In that case, it's a fair fight if I use Vengeance." Vengeance materialized in his hand, glowing with a bright gleam that cuts through the smoke.

Subversion dashed towards Platypus, attacking with her Narrationblade, trying to create an opening for Endings.