The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

5 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

His Luxblade deflected Endings as it formed in his hand. He pressed his attack, charging at Subversion, blades chiming musically off her shield. 

Subversion stumbled backwards, summoning her Narrationblade as a sword and blocking all of Platypus's blows. "Endings really isn't as useful as I thought it would be. It's like it was put in that form specifically to prevent it from being useable in combat." She began a counterattack, sword moving with untraceable speed as she attacked Platypus with precision.

9 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Sequence's eyes widened and she leaned in to the examine the revolvers. "Oh my! Those are lovely.. How does one locate this.. 'Dreamsmith'?"

Everyone perked up from wherever they were, listening closely. Their little power-potency-duplication device wasn't nearly enough for their ambitions, so a specialized weapon sounded perfect.

"It's not hard. Just look for him and you'll find the way. Be warned, everyone who seeks the Dreamsmith is tested."

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion stumbled backwards, summoning her Narrationblade as a sword and blocking all of Platypus's blows. "Endings really isn't as useful as I thought it would be. It's like it was put in that form specifically to prevent it from being useable in combat." She began a counterattack, sword moving with untraceable speed as she attacked Platypus with precision.

"It's not hard. Just look for him and you'll find the way. Be warned, everyone who seeks the Dreamsmith is tested."

"Almost. Otherwise it would be a very powerful weapon, it's still a useful tool though." His Blade flashed as he countered her attack, Vengeance darting in at times to attack.

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"'Just look for him and I'll find the way'?" Sequence asked, frowning. "That sounds extremely vague and cryptic." Sequence furrowed her brow and thought a moment, pacing back and forth. "Does he leave clues or signs to his place? Maybe.. echoes? Of some kind? Am I overthinking this? Do I just have to wander around and 'let my heart guide me' or something?" Sequence continued pacing.

Meanwhile, Everyone immediately started looking. They took a rather unorthodox approach, looking places like under rocks or in bushes. As if they were searching for a lost object.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Almost. Otherwise it would be a very powerful weapon, it's still a useful tool though." His Blade flashed as he countered her attack, Vengeance darting in at times to attack.

Subversion blocked all of Platypus's attacks, but her concentration was wavering, attacks slowing slightly. "Remind me again why you got Vengeance and I didn't?"

2 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"'Just look for him and I'll find the way'?" Sequence asked, frowning. "That sounds extremely vague and cryptic." Sequence furrowed her brow and thought a moment, pacing back and forth. "Does he leave clues or signs to his place? Maybe.. echoes? Of some kind? Am I overthinking this? Do I just have to wander around and 'let my heart guide me' or something?" Sequence continued pacing.

Meanwhile, Everyone immediately started looking. They took a rather unorthodox approach, looking places like under rocks or in bushes. As if they were searching for a lost object.

"The entrance moves I think. I just stumbled upon it randomly."

Everyone found a trapdoor under the third bush they looked under, emanating an ominous energy.

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Everyone found a trapdoor under the third bush they looked under, emanating an ominous energy.

Sequence nodded. "Alright then, I think I'll go looking now! Care to join me?"

Everyone gasped, they had not expected that to work! They hastily opened the trapdoor and slipped through.

8 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion blocked all of Platypus's attacks, but her concentration was wavering, attacks slowing slightly. "Remind me again why you got Vengeance and I didn't?"

"Cause I caused Plot's death and claimed his Blade for myself." Platypus' attacks sped up, becoming more aggressive.

3 hours ago, Sequence said:

Sequence nodded. "Alright then, I think I'll go looking now! Care to join me?"

Everyone gasped, they had not expected that to work! They hastily opened the trapdoor and slipped through.

"Sure. I'll help you find the place."

Inside the trapdoor, Everyone found a narrow hallway with an indistinct figure standing at the end of it.

3 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Cause I caused Plot's death and claimed his Blade for myself." Platypus' attacks sped up, becoming more aggressive.

"Did you though? I feel it was more of a group effort." Subversion began giving ground again, sweat beading on her face. "Now, I have to ask. Are you tired out yet? Because I was thinking we could take a nice time-out for lunch."

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

Inside the trapdoor, Everyone found a narrow hallway with an indistinct figure standing at the end of it.

“Goody!” Sequence exclaimed. “Where should we start?”

Everyone approached the figure in a relaxed manner. “Why hello.”

1 hour ago, Sequence said:

“Goody!” Sequence exclaimed. “Where should we start?”

Everyone approached the figure in a relaxed manner. “Why hello.”

"You choose. I'm sure the entrance will have moved by now."

The figure didn't react to Everyone's approach. "You have come to find the Dreamsmith. You will be tested. Tell me, Everyone. What do you fear most?"

10 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"You choose. I'm sure the entrance will have moved by now."

Sequence thought for a moment, looking around. “Here! Follow me.” Sequenced waved her hand and a door appeared. On the other side was another place. Portals hurt her eyes too much, this was a much better way of going about it. Blue-leaved trees with silver bark made up a thick forest that was parted by a path of pale red gravel. “This is my planet! What do you think? I made it as just a fun little getaway. This is the peaceful area, but there’s a lot more. At the end of this path is a little cabin and I have a feeling the entrance will be in there. Just like, a little buzzing, y’know?”

11 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“Hello!” Falvan said.

Everyone looked at Falvan. “How did you get here? You know what- nevermind, I’m getting to the Dreamsmith first!”

10 hours ago, Nameless* said:

The figure didn't react to Everyone's approach. "You have come to find the Dreamsmith. You will be tested. Tell me, Everyone. What do you fear most?"

Everyone paused, looking over the figure. “What do I fear? Well, I fear a lot of things. Ooklas, losing my power, losing my possessions, losing my sentience… most of all though, I think I fear empathy. Eugh, even a little bit of it has completely ruined me. Imagine what more could do.”

15 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"Did you though? I feel it was more of a group effort." Subversion began giving ground again, sweat beading on her face. "Now, I have to ask. Are you tired out yet? Because I was thinking we could take a nice time-out for lunch."

"I did, the vote wouldn't have started without me." Platypus laughed, pushing ever-harder. "This isn't Battle for the Sandwich, we don't take lunch breaks. I'm not even close to tired."

7 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I did, the vote wouldn't have started without me." Platypus laughed, pushing ever-harder. "This isn't Battle for the Sandwich, we don't take lunch breaks. I'm not even close to tired."

"The sportsman-like thing to do would be to take a quick breather." Fuzzy said with a nod. "Fighting on an empty stomach is hardly fair."

Sequence thought for a moment, looking around. “Here! Follow me.” Sequenced waved her hand and a door appeared. On the other side was another place. Portals hurt her eyes too much, this was a much better way of going about it. Blue-leaved trees with silver bark made up a thick forest that was parted by a path of pale red gravel. “This is my planet! What do you think? I made it as just a fun little getaway. This is the peaceful area, but there’s a lot more. At the end of this path is a little cabin and I have a feeling the entrance will be in there. Just like, a little buzzing, y’know?”

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Unintelligible walked through the door after Sequence. "Your planet is beautiful. Just a little odd, but in the right way."

Everyone paused, looking over the figure. “What do I fear? Well, I fear a lot of things. Ooklas, losing my power, losing my possessions, losing my sentience… most of all though, I think I fear empathy. Eugh, even a little bit of it has completely ruined me. Imagine what more could do.”

"Very well then. I shall grant you empathy, from now until you leave here with your weapon. Is this test acceptable?"

33 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I think-" Subversion ducked a swing from Vengeance, "-that you may have more-" She parried a blow,  "-credit than anyone else, but that amount of credit is still insubstantial compared to the-" Subversion stumbled backwards, barely keeping her feet as she retreated from Platypus's attack. "-total amount of credit." Her back hit the invisible wall of the arena. "You know, all of a sudden I feel the need to point out that I'm just pretending to be tired to make my comeback more awesome. Also, if I were tired, which I'm not, its because I've had to expend far more of my own energy, while you've been relying on Vengeance."

18 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Fuzzy thought for a moment. "I suppose that's fair... wouldn't it be the kind thing to do, though?"

"Yes. Yes it would.""

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Unintelligible walked through the door after Sequence. "Your planet is beautiful. Just a little odd, but in the right way."

"Very well then. I shall grant you empathy, from now until you leave here with your weapon. Is this test acceptable?"

"I think-" Subversion ducked a swing from Vengeance, "-that you may have more-" She parried a blow,  "-credit than anyone else, but that amount of credit is still insubstantial compared to the-" Subversion stumbled backwards, barely keeping her feet as she retreated from Platypus's attack. "-total amount of credit." Her back hit the invisible wall of the arena. "You know, all of a sudden I feel the need to point out that I'm just pretending to be tired to make my comeback more awesome. Also, if I were tired, which I'm not, its because I've had to expend far more of my own energy, while you've been relying on Vengeance."

Platypus smiled. "Eh, ya'll didn't even do any effort. All you had to do was say yes or no, whereas I had to organize the vote. And you'll be lucky to have a comeback. This isn't even hard. I feel the need to point out that I haven barely even drawn on Vengeance. See how its glow isn't reduced? That's how you can tell."

15 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Great! That's the vibe I was going for." It started raining. Or, snowing. Snowing cotton balls. Sequence walked up to the door of the cottage and opened it. A cool blue fire burned in the hearth, and a fur rug sat in front of it with a few rocking chairs. Sequence looked around. "Hmmm..." She opened a few cupboards in the small kitchen.

15 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Everyone's jaw dropped. "Waitwaitwait.. isn't there another option? Some other test? Something else?"

Edited by Sequence

12 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus smiled. "Eh, ya'll didn't even do any effort. All you had to do was say yes or no, whereas I had to organize the vote. And you'll be lucky to have a comeback. This isn't even hard. I feel the need to point out that I haven barely even drawn on Vengeance. See how its glow isn't reduced? That's how you can tell."

Subversion smiled wryly, the glow of her Narrationblade beginning to change, pure white light splitting into a full spectrum of color. "Organize the vote? I thought that was Thaidakar. He counted the votes at least."

3 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"Great! That's the vibe I was going for." It started raining. Or, snowing. Snowing cotton balls. Sequence walked up to the door of the cottage and opened it. A cool blue fire burned in the hearth, and a fur rug sat in front of it with a few rocking chairs. Sequence looked around. "Hmmm..." She opened a few cupboards in the small kitchen.

Unintelligible looked under a few pots and checked the chimney. "I don't see anything. Maybe it's just outside the cottage somewhere?" He opened the door to the cottage to check this theory, then froze. "Found it."

5 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Everyone's jaw dropped. "Waitwaitwait.. isn't there another option? Some other test? Something else?"

"You could leave. Those who are not willing to face fear are not worthy of the Dreamsmith's time."

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible looked under a few pots and checked the chimney. "I don't see anything. Maybe it's just outside the cottage somewhere?" He opened the door to the cottage to check this theory, then froze. "Found it."

Sequence gasped and ran over to Unintelligible. "Where where where- ohhhh."

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"You could leave. Those who are not willing to face fear are not worthy of the Dreamsmith's time."

Everyone scowled, sitting down cross legged on the floor and thinking. They sat and thought... and thought... and thought... before finally punching the ground in anger and standing up. "Fine! Fine. Fine. I'll do it."

Sequence gasped and ran over to Unintelligible. "Where where where- ohhhh."

"Yep." Unintelligible looked out the door, which now opened onto a solid-looking cloud that hovered in an infinite empty sky. "I guess it does move around."

Everyone scowled, sitting down cross legged on the floor and thinking. They sat and thought... and thought... and thought... before finally punching the ground in anger and standing up. "Fine! Fine. Fine. I'll do it."

"Very well." The figure gestured to a hole in the floor that hadn't been there a second ago. "The Dreamsmith is through there."

Everyone immediately began to feel bad about all the terrible things they'd done.

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Yep." Unintelligible looked out the door, which now opened onto a solid-looking cloud that hovered in an infinite empty sky. "I guess it does move around."

Sequence stepped out onto the cloud and looked around in wonder. "Well come on! What are you waiting for?"

7 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Very well." The figure gestured to a hole in the floor that hadn't been there a second ago. "The Dreamsmith is through there."

Everyone immediately began to feel bad about all the terrible things they'd done.

A frown slowly spread across Everyone's face and they wrapped their arms around their stomach. "Ah.. y-yes, right." Everyone slowly walked towards the hole, then stopped. What am I doing? I don't deserve power, or sentience, or a special weapon. AARRRGGHH NO, stopstopstopstopstop- Everyone smacked themself in the head several times then quickly jumped into the hole.

17 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Sequence stepped out onto the cloud and looked around in wonder. "Well come on! What are you waiting for?"

Unintelligible followed cautiously, testing to cloud to make sure it would hold his weight. "I don't see Omen yet. Maybe-" A voice spoke from behind Sequence. 

"You seek the Dreamsmith?"

17 minutes ago, Sequence said:

A frown slowly spread across Everyone's face and they wrapped their arms around their stomach. "Ah.. y-yes, right." Everyone slowly walked towards the hole, then stopped. What am I doing? I don't deserve power, or sentience, or a special weapon. AARRRGGHH NO, stopstopstopstopstop- Everyone smacked themself in the head several times then quickly jumped into the hole.

Everyone landed in a smithy with a forge that glowed a comfortable blue, walls lined with beautifully crafted weapons. In from of them sat a man with his back to Everyone, sharpening a dull spearpoint. "So Everyone, you've come for a weapon?"

Edited by Nameless*