The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

"What...stuff?"

"Important stuff. You'll see."

Nowhere appeared, dusting off his lab coat, deep in conversation with Impossible. "... could have gone worse. Find out-" He cuts off as he sees Hacob and Eldyn. "What are you doing here?" Impossible steps forward, still to the side of Nowhere, hand on the large axe hanging from his belt.

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:
  Hide contents

845n7y.jpg.a5f58729c11644c85f84445aee1fdf4d.jpg

TLT and DND, that's where all my character expertise goes :P 

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Nowhere appeared, dusting off his lab coat, deep in conversation with Impossible. "... could have gone worse. Find out-" He cuts off as he sees Hacob and Eldyn. "What are you doing here?" Impossible steps forward, still to the side of Nowhere, hand on the large axe hanging from his belt.

XD

I swear, when it comes to TLT, I'm good at writing characters, plot, etc. But when I sit down to actually write a book, it all vanishes and I'm left sitting there like "Well... huh."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

XD

I swear, when it comes to TLT, I'm good at writing characters, plot, etc. But when I sit down to actually write a book, it all vanishes and I'm left sitting there like "Well... huh."

Yeah, I think it happens because we can build off each other.

5 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Eldyn takes a step back, not wanting to be in the middle of the conflict.

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Yeah, I think it happens because we can build off each other.

true, but I'm balancing at least the same amount of characters, more, actually, than in my actual book! I just automatically turn into a better writer when it's in bold.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Do I even dare...

*grins* if you want to...

1 minute ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Put that in TLT memes! Also where can I input Falvan? I guess he is with the majority of the group. Who is there? Is unintelligible? 
@Nameless* 

Yeah, I'll put it in TLT memes.

How even would I?

However you want, this is TLT. Anything can happen as long as you have some tenuous thread connecting it to everything else. Then again, you don't need to connect it. Just do whatever! We've been having a bout of plot for a few months now.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

However you want, this is TLT. Anything can happen as long as you have some tenuous thread connecting it to everything else. Then again, you don't need to connect it. Just do whatever! We've been having a bout of plot for a few months now.

Could I maybe get a general sense of what's happening at the moment?

Could I maybe get a general sense of what's happening at the moment?

Sure! There's a big bad named Darkness trying to consume the powers of a multiverse hive mind called Shadow. Some people just exited some sort of shadow realm. 

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

true, but I'm balancing at least the same amount of characters, more, actually, than in my actual book! I just automatically turn into a better writer when it's in bold.

*grins* if you want to...

Yeah, I'll put it in TLT memes.

facts. Bold makes everything better

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

We've been having plot for like 9 months. Basically a couple 10s of pages after i joined, it started and hasn't ended. *insert grumble about plot here* 

I actually like the plot now, but I was not happy when we went to plot at first :P 

1 hour ago, Experience said:

Eldyn takes a step back, not wanting to be in the middle of the conflict.

"I need tools Nowhere," Hacob starts, taking a step back, letting his Plotblade disappear. "I thought you might want to stop Darkness."

Nowhere waved Impossible backward. "Impossible," he said, gesturing at Eldyn. "Keep this one occupied while I have a talk with Hacob. He turned towards Hacob. "Follow me if you want anything." He spun and pulled out a small object from his coat, turned a dial, and walked through a door that Hacob followed him through. 

Expie, if you want to talk to Impossible, you'll need to lead the conversation.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Do I even dare...

yes

Edited by Being of Cacophony

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

facts. Bold makes everything better

We've been having plot for like 9 months. Basically a couple 10s of pages after i joined, it started and hasn't ended. *insert grumble about plot here* 

I actually like the plot now, but I was not happy when we went to plot at first :P 

"I need tools Nowhere," Hacob starts, taking a step back, letting his Plotblade disappear. "I thought you might want to stop Darkness."

Nowhere waved Impossible backward. "Impossible," he said, gesturing at Eldyn. "Keep this one occupied while I have a talk with Hacob. He turned towards Hacob. "Follow me if you want anything." He spun and pulled out a small object from his coat, turned a dial, and walked through a door that Hacob followed him through. 

Expie, if you want to talk to Impossible, you'll need to lead the conversation.

yes

"So...your name is...Impossible?"

41 minutes ago, Experience said:

"So...your name is...Impossible?"

"Yes," he answers tersely, eyes on the door which then fades away.

-

"So tell me," Nowhere began. "Why should I help you? Darkness hasn't done anything to me."

"Because he will," Hacob responded. "And because he will end your research. I know you want to know how TLT works, but Darkness would see that as a threat. He wouldn't want anyone that could even possibly threaten him. So we're your best hope."

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Yes," he answers tersely, eyes on the door which then fades away.

-

"So tell me," Nowhere began. "Why should I help you? Darkness hasn't done anything to me."

"Because he will," Hacob responded. "And because he will end your research. I know you want to know how TLT works, but Darkness would see that as a threat. He wouldn't want anyone that could even possibly threaten him. So we're your best hope."

"So.... I'm kind of new to all this...weird name weird life stuff. I take it those two want something from each other?"

Sorry for the inactivity. I've had a busy week.

On 10/26/2023 at 6:33 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus laughed. "Remember how you said such Narration was easy to see coming?" Vengeance comes down on the outside of the sphere, then Platypus continued attacking her.

Subversion smiled, forming a second Narrationsphere around Platypus without dismissing the first one. "Something I learned from Thaidakar: It's possible to split your Narrationblade."

On 10/26/2023 at 9:34 PM, Sequence said:

"... Well hello Omen! It's nice to meet you." Sequence said with a sweet smile. "My name is Sequence, and this here is the legendary adventurer, Ookla the Unintelligible. I have come to see the Dreamsmith! I was told they could make me an interesting weapon, and I'm trying to expand my weapon collection."

A door appeared beside Omen. "Unintelligible can go no further. If you wish to see the Dreamsmith, you must pass the trial alone."

On 10/26/2023 at 9:34 PM, Sequence said:

Everyone looked at the Dreamsmith, pausing for a moment. Something to help me do better. Do good... No, NO! Something to give me the power to destroy anyone I want, whenever I want, wherever I want... do good... destroy... do good... destroy...

"I want something..."

DOGOODDESTROYDOGOODDESTROY-

"I want something that can help me fix things... repair that which is good and destroy that which is evil."

The Dreamsmith looked at Everyone closely. "Are you sure? Making such a blade will not be easy with my methods."

4 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“Unintelligible! Where are you?” Falvan asked.

Unintelligible felt someone calling his name, so he replied. "I'm near the Dreamsmith! Sequence wanted to visit him."