The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

13 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"No reason, no reason. Just... curious." The Dreamsmith took a deep breath, standing up. "I think it's about time I begin. You're sure about the kind of weapon you want?"

"... Yes." This can be used for good this can be used for good. "Yes. I believe so. Is there a problem?"

13 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"Very well." Omen gestured to the door. "The Dreamsmith has told me to warn you. The test... it will not be pleasant."

"Oh don't worry about me, I've experiences much worse! Trust me." Sequence smiled at Omen, thanked them for their time and assistance, and walked through the door.

1 hour ago, Sequence said:

"... Yes." This can be used for good this can be used for good. "Yes. I believe so. Is there a problem?"

"Just making sure." The Dreamsmith picked up the orb Everyone had given him and put it on a shelf that ran along the edge of the room. "Before I can begin, you must answer me one simple question: Who are you?"

1 hour ago, Sequence said:

"Oh don't worry about me, I've experiences much worse! Trust me." Sequence smiled at Omen, thanked them for their time and assistance, and walked through the door.

Omen stood just outside the door, behind Sequence. "That is why it will be difficult." He closed the door, and all was darkness.

23 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion shook her head, staring at the sphere. "No. I was going to do that, but now I have this again I think my odds have improved. Ready to see what an Author's failsafe looks like?"

Platypus sighed. "Look Subsy, you and I both know that you can't beat me here. I haven't even used my other Blade, and the metal is also an Author's. I just made it into a blade, so we're still on the same footing. You can't beat me in a duel like this. It's that simple." 

16 hours ago, Experience said:

"What kind of tools?"

"How would I know?"

-

Hacob walked alongside Nowhere. Nowhere turned to him. "What are you willing to give me in exchange for my help?"

"Many things, name your price." Hacob stopped walking.

Nowhere continued onward, then turned to face him. "1 year of indentured servitude."

"1 hour," Hacob fired back.

"1 favor, no restrictions."

"No, 1 favor, but I won't kill for you, and it must only involve one task, not a series of them, and it expires in a year."

"1 favor, but it won't include killing or a series of tasks, but I can call upon it at any time."

"Deal."

"Alright, follow me, and we'll get you equipped." Nowhere turns and walks down the hall with long, powerful strides, arriving at an unmarked green door. He turned left, and, with Hacob following, walked through the wall. An array of tools, gadgets, remotes, and a few weapons hung on a wall, sat on shelves, and were piled on the floor. "Take your pick of three, and I'll explain what they do after you choose them."

4 hours ago, Just_a_Fan said:
  Hide contents

guys what's a plotblade, and what does it do?

it is unclear what Plotblades are made of. Probably Plot's metal, similar to how Narrationblades are made of Narrivitum, the Narrator metal.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"Just making sure." The Dreamsmith picked up the orb Everyone had given him and put it on a shelf that ran along the edge of the room. "Before I can begin, you must answer me one simple question: Who are you?"

That question gave Everyone pause. "... I'm... Everyone, a splinter of a being of discord and improbability. One who harness's dark powers and chaos myself. I don't know, I literally do not make sense. What about you, Dreamsmith? Who are you?"

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Omen stood just outside the door, behind Sequence. "That is why it will be difficult." He closed the door, and all was darkness.

Huh! That was kind of ominous. Sequence thought, blinking into the Darkness and looking around.

32 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus sighed. "Look Subsy, you and I both know that you can't beat me here. I haven't even used my other Blade, and the metal is also an Author's. I just made it into a blade, so we're still on the same footing. You can't beat me in a duel like this. It's that simple." 

Subversion laughed. "No, we're not on even footing. I'm going to enjoy seeing that confidence drain away." Subversion started glowing with the same light that her Narrationblade usually gave off. The glow concentrated around her hand, as Subversion attempted to press Narration into it. The light dispersed, the sphere refusing to accept the energy. "Odd, I thought that would work."

23 minutes ago, Sequence said:

That question gave Everyone pause. "... I'm... Everyone, a splinter of a being of discord and improbability. One who harness's dark powers and chaos myself. I don't know, I literally do not make sense. What about you, Dreamsmith? Who are you?"

"I am the Dreamsmith." The Dreamsmith took a hammer from the wall, along with a tiny nugget of metal, and got to work.

As he worked, the Dreamsmith spoke.

"Every weapon needs three things: A form, a power, and a name. I know you're likely most concerned with the power, but a weapon cannot be truly powerful without a name or a form."

Everyone felt their soul shift, and liquid shadows appeared on the Dreamsmiths anvil.

"You have come to me seeking great power. So I will make you a sword."

As the Dreamsmith spoke, the shadows on his anvil twisted, a jagged blade beginning to form.

"You want the power to destroy anything in your path, so I shall give this blade the ability to wield your full might, concentrated for that sole purpose. Truly, it will be unmatched in battle."

The shadows were almost gone now, the form of the blade just barely obscured.

"And lastly, the name. This Blade shall be called Inversion, for the effect it will have."

The shadows were sucked into the blade, revealing a sword with a jagged edge, emitting an inverted-darkness aura.

Everyone's sense of empathy faded as the Dreamsmith picked the blade up and handed it to them. "Is it to your liking?"

56 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Huh! That was kind of ominous. Sequence thought, blinking into the Darkness and looking around.

From the darkness came a sound not unlike the gears of a clock.

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I am the Dreamsmith." The Dreamsmith took a hammer from the wall, along with a tiny nugget of metal, and got to work.

As he worked, the Dreamsmith spoke.

"Every weapon needs three things: A form, a power, and a name. I know you're likely most concerned with the power, but a weapon cannot be truly powerful without a name or a form."

Everyone felt their soul shift, and liquid shadows appeared on the Dreamsmiths anvil.

"You have come to me seeking great power. So I will make you a sword."

As the Dreamsmith spoke, the shadows on his anvil twisted, a jagged blade beginning to form.

"You want the power to destroy anything in your path, so I shall give this blade the ability to wield your full might, concentrated for that sole purpose. Truly, it will be unmatched in battle."

The shadows were almost gone now, the form of the blade just barely obscured.

"And lastly, the name. This Blade shall be called Inversion, for the effect it will have."

The shadows were sucked into the blade, revealing a sword with a jagged edge, emitting an inverted-darkness aura.

Everyone's sense of empathy faded as the Dreamsmith picked the blade up and handed it to them. "Is it to your liking?"

Everyone's headache and nausea faded along with the empathy, and they let out a soft groan, shrugging their shoulders and rubbing their eyes. The opened their eyes, which had gone slightly darker than standard. They took the sword from the Dreamsmith reverently, examining it closely. "This is... marvelous..." They breathed, swinging it in their hands gently to test it's balance. Everyone closed their eyes and evened their breathing, and the blade was surrounded by dark mist and red lightning for a moment. Everyone smiled. "Thank you. This is perfect." They eyed the Dreamsmith for a moment, considering striking him down. No more Dreamsmith meant no more weapons of such power. Everyone decided not to, however. The permanent positive emotions left in their soul were thankful.

11 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

From the darkness came a sound not unlike the gears of a clock.

Sequence froze, listening closer. She grew pale as her mind raced to come up with what could be making the noise.

9 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Everyone's headache and nausea faded along with the empathy, and they let out a soft groan, shrugging their shoulders and rubbing their eyes. The opened their eyes, which had gone slightly darker than standard. They took the sword from the Dreamsmith reverently, examining it closely. "This is... marvelous..." They breathed, swinging it in their hands gently to test it's balance. Everyone closed their eyes and evened their breathing, and the blade was surrounded by dark mist and red lightning for a moment. Everyone smiled. "Thank you. This is perfect." They eyed the Dreamsmith for a moment, considering striking him down. No more Dreamsmith meant no more weapons of such power. Everyone decided not to, however. The permanent positive emotions left in their soul were thankful.

"Before you use it, I should mention that wielding that blade at its full potential will have consequences."

9 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Sequence froze, listening closer. She grew pale as her mind raced to come up with what could be making the noise.

She heard the clattering sound of something moving that had many legs.

7 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion laughed. "No, we're not on even footing. I'm going to enjoy seeing that confidence drain away." Subversion started glowing with the same light that her Narrationblade usually gave off. The glow concentrated around her hand, as Subversion attempted to press Narration into it. The light dispersed, the sphere refusing to accept the energy. "Odd, I thought that would work."

"My confidence has never left me. It never will. I've fought far worse than you. I fought in the war of the Rownes. Your sphere doesn't scare me."

3 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"My confidence has never left me. It never will. I've fought far worse than you. I fought in the war of the Rownes. Your sphere doesn't scare me."

"The war of the what?" Subversion's glow intensified, but the sphere continued to refuse her. "I feel like... ah, that's it. Of course. Can't force it to change." Subversion held the sphere tightly at arm's length, and smiled at Platypus in a slightly unhinged way. "Let's see how scared of the sphere you are."

She plunged the sphere into her chest, and began to change.

12 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"The war of the what?" Subversion's glow intensified, but the sphere continued to refuse her. "I feel like... ah, that's it. Of course. Can't force it to change." Subversion held the sphere tightly at arm's length, and smiled at Platypus in a slightly unhinged way. "Let's see how scared of the sphere you are."

She plunged the sphere into her chest, and began to change.

"It happened before you existed." Platypus settled into a easy posture, relaxed and ready to fight.