The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

On 11/4/2023 at 12:39 AM, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus laughed as the beam hit him. Just because he was Order didn't mean he couldn't appreciate chaos. But either way, he probably ought to do something. He brought down Vengeance on the light, severing it. As they fought, Vengeance hit Endings, notching it. Vengeance's glow changed, but it didn't shrink, just formed into a distortion around the blade, energies swirling around it. Platypus readied himself for one final attack.

Nameless smiled. "Getting ready to end the fight? I approve." He gathered his own energy, switching out the medallion for his Narrationblade. 

By the way, Nameless used his medallion to convert a tiny piece of Platypus's soul back into Chaotic Light. Not very noticeable, but it might destabilize his big final attack

On 11/4/2023 at 12:19 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Darkness nodded musingly, "A narrator like you? You appear to be cocky and arrogant, that is every Narrator that I have ever met. Each in their own way." Darkness smiled softly, it looked odd on his face, "The truth? Then tell me, Nameless, if you know the truth and understand it completely, then why do you question your own death?"

"Because I knew the truth, I should not have allowed myself to die in that way. I must have lost my clarity of understanding. It happened before, with terrible consequences." Nameless shook his head. "I will be sure not to lose sight of the truth this time."

17 hours ago, Sequence said:

Sequenced tentatively started following the creature, walking slowly and not dismissing her spear.

The creature continued walking through the darkness, occasionally turning back to check that Sequence was still following. As they progressed, Sequence noticed that the light seemed to be centered around the clockwork creature, a ring of illumination perhaps five meters in diameter. Outside of the ring, Sequence thought she could see something. A figure so dark, that it stood out even against pitch blackness.

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeremy, finding his questions unremarked and unanswered, looked around at his surroundings. He stood on a field of grass that appeared to extend indefinitely in all directions*. The sky was a distinctly unremarkable shade of gray. It let off enough illumination to see, but not enough to cause permanent eye damage were you to look at it**.

There was nobody else within view, which at least explained why no one had responded to his queries. Unsure of what to do - and not a little unnerved by the emptiness - he began walking.

*Because it did.
**Honestly, it's surprising more worlds aren't this way. Suns are just so inconvenient; in addition to the whole thing with the blindness, they tend to go supernova when you least expect them to.

A shadowed figure approached Jeremy. "Hello. How's it going?"

--

The spider burst into flame for no apparent reason.

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ @The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Nameless* said:

Nameless smiled. "Getting ready to end the fight? I approve." He gathered his own energy, switching out the medallion for his Narrationblade. 

By the way, Nameless used his medallion to convert a tiny piece of Platypus's soul back into Chaotic Light. Not very noticeable, but it might destabilize his big final attack

"Because I knew the truth, I should not have allowed myself to die in that way. I must have lost my clarity of understanding. It happened before, with terrible consequences." Nameless shook his head. "I will be sure not to lose sight of the truth this time."

The creature continued walking through the darkness, occasionally turning back to check that Sequence was still following. As they progressed, Sequence noticed that the light seemed to be centered around the clockwork creature, a ring of illumination perhaps five meters in diameter. Outside of the ring, Sequence thought she could see something. A figure so dark, that it stood out even against pitch blackness.

--

Sandy blinked. "I didn't know if that's good or bad."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"Truth is, more than it should be and especially here, based upon common perception. What do you perceive to be the truth of this matter?" Darkness asked quietly, his eyes distant. "Truth is a commodity which has become too rare, too thin. Gone are the days of pure evil vs good, gone are the days when truth was absolute... When nothing was questionable.

"I miss those days..." he shook his head and had a long drink of the scotch. "Break a leg. We have a performance to put on in TLT. And everyone gets good seats... both personified and not."

17 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

--

Many more giant spiders appeared around them.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Truth is, more than it should be and especially here, based upon common perception. What do you perceive to be the truth of this matter?" Darkness asked quietly, his eyes distant. "Truth is a commodity which has become too rare, too thin. Gone are the days of pure evil vs good, gone are the days when truth was absolute... When nothing was questionable.

"I miss those days..." he shook his head and had a long drink of the scotch. "Break a leg. We have a performance to put on in TLT. And everyone gets good seats... both personified and not."

"So you know the truth. The story matters, and nothing else." He grinned, eyes filled with the light of chaos. "No one understands that anymore. They care about things that don't matter, they immerse themselves in the story and so become mere pawns when they should be so much more. I will fix that. And the path to fixing it starts with your death. So be prepared, Darkness. For once I am done with Platypus, you are next." Nameless spun around and walked out of the room before Darkness could make any reply, door dramatically slamming behind him.

39 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Many more giant spiders appeared around them.

These next ones didn't burst into flames, for whatever reason.

34 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No, I'm as new as you are."

Odd. Well, you should probably hit these next ones with your weapon before they kill you.

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"So you know the truth. The story matters, and nothing else." He grinned, eyes filled with the light of chaos. "No one understands that anymore. They care about things that don't matter, they immerse themselves in the story and so become mere pawns when they should be so much more. I will fix that. And the path to fixing it starts with your death. So be prepared, Darkness. For once I am done with Platypus, you are next." Nameless spun around and walked out of the room before Darkness could make any reply, door dramatically slamming behind him.

These next ones didn't burst into flames, for whatever reason.

Odd. Well, you should probably hit these next ones with your weapon before they kill you.

"They haven't attacked me yet..."

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

--

Platypus charged in, each swing a massive blow, yet still he flowed from one stroke to the next. His attack a work of art, each contact chipping pieces off the Narrationblade.

So, Platypus isn't truly a Luxsprite. He's a being out of that system. He is willing to use Dark to further the Light, and is a being of both Order and Chaos, so he is unaffected by the change. His Blade isn't a Luxblade, but since none of them truly know what it looks like, no one knows that. He believes he's a luxsprite, so his blade molded to that image, so Nameless wouldn't be able to tell the difference, even if he has experience with Luxsprites. He still loves the chaos, but now applies Order to it, and he uses both Dark and Light, making him a being of Ordered-Chaotic-Light-Dark. My explanation of him shifting as he came closer to the Plot is the reason for this, Plot was Dark to the Narrators, but Light to RP people, and he had both Order and Chaos to him.

47 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Hopefully." Sandy continued to watch.

Yes, hopefully. Crickets eyed a spider nervously. Are you sure we shouldn't do something? One of them might jump at you from behind.

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeremy jumped at the voice. "Who- who are you?"

"I'm... well, I don't really know." The shadowed figure looked up at the dull sky. "I know who I used to be. But it doesn't seem like I can ever be that person again."

6 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus charged in, each swing a massive blow, yet still he flowed from one stroke to the next. His attack a work of art, each contact chipping pieces off the Narrationblade.

So, Platypus isn't truly a Luxsprite. He's a being out of that system. He is willing to use Dark to further the Light, and is a being of both Order and Chaos, so he is unaffected by the change. His Blade isn't a Luxblade, but since none of them truly know what it looks like, no one knows that. He believes he's a luxsprite, so his blade molded to that image, so Nameless wouldn't be able to tell the difference, even if he has experience with Luxsprites. He still loves the chaos, but now applies Order to it, and he uses both Dark and Light, making him a being of Ordered-Chaotic-Light-Dark. My explanation of him shifting as he came closer to the Plot is the reason for this, Plot was Dark to the Narrators, but Light to RP people, and he had both Order and Chaos to him.

The Narrationblade reformed after every blow, Nameless smiling confidently.

Platypus cannot be Order, Chaos, Light and Dark. Even if Plot was all four (which I don't think he was, it doesn't make sense) it wouldn't mean that Platypus could be that as well. And Nameless would definitely be able to tell the difference in Platypus's blade. He's seen Luxite, Nullite, Prismite, and Mordite, and has worked with them. He knows what they all are, better than almost anyone else still alive on TLT. He would see Platypus's blade for what it truly was.

14 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I'm... well, I don't really know." The shadowed figure looked up at the dull sky. "I know who I used to be. But it doesn't seem like I can ever be that person again."

Jeremey stared at the shadowed figure in pure, unfeigned bewilderment. "I... I'm sorry, what?" He scratched his head. "I don't- I can't- Look, do you know where we are?" He ran his fingers through his hair in desperation and laughed mirthlessly.*

*Don't worry. He's not going insane. Yet.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Jeremey stared at the shadowed figure in pure, unfeigned bewilderment. "I... I'm sorry, what?" He scratched his head. "I don't- I can't- Look, do you know where we are?" He ran his fingers through his hair in desperation and laughed mirthlessly.*

*Don't worry. He's not going insane. Yet.

The shadowed figure looked around. "Nope. Did you make it?"