The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

21 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Yes, hopefully. Crickets eyed a spider nervously. Are you sure we shouldn't do something? One of them might jump at you from behind.

"I'm... well, I don't really know." The shadowed figure looked up at the dull sky. "I know who I used to be. But it doesn't seem like I can ever be that person again."

The Narrationblade reformed after every blow, Nameless smiling confidently.

Platypus cannot be Order, Chaos, Light and Dark. Even if Plot was all four (which I don't think he was, it doesn't make sense) it wouldn't mean that Platypus could be that as well. And Nameless would definitely be able to tell the difference in Platypus's blade. He's seen Luxite, Nullite, Prismite, and Mordite, and has worked with them. He knows what they all are, better than almost anyone else still alive on TLT. He would see Platypus's blade for what it truly was.

sorry, the way i put it was unclear. He is constantly shifting between them so his blade is Luxite some of the time, it has been for this duel. That's why the change wouldn't affect him. Plot also wasn't all four, but was multiple, and singular, at once (at least, that's my head-canon). 

Platypus continued attacking, not slowing down.

24 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Yes, hopefully. Crickets eyed a spider nervously. Are you sure we shouldn't do something? One of them might jump at you from behind.

"I'm... well, I don't really know." The shadowed figure looked up at the dull sky. "I know who I used to be. But it doesn't seem like I can ever be that person again."

The Narrationblade reformed after every blow, Nameless smiling confidently.

Platypus cannot be Order, Chaos, Light and Dark. Even if Plot was all four (which I don't think he was, it doesn't make sense) it wouldn't mean that Platypus could be that as well. And Nameless would definitely be able to tell the difference in Platypus's blade. He's seen Luxite, Nullite, Prismite, and Mordite, and has worked with them. He knows what they all are, better than almost anyone else still alive on TLT. He would see Platypus's blade for what it truly was.

"I'll keep an eye out."

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"They haven't attacked me yet..."

Three spiders jumped at him. 

1 hour ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis flies back into the clearing, his swords in hand, sweeping left and right at the spiders. He calls out behind him, "Hey Falvan, you coming?"

“No, if we don’t fight them, more will come. We need to scare them away.”

34 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

One began to spin webs onto Crickets.

1 minute ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Three spiders jumped at him. 

“No, if we don’t fight them, more will come. We need to scare them away.”

One began to spin webs onto Crickets.

Immediately, Sandy took to them with his staff. He swung in wide arcs, and whenever he hit a spider it was essentially obliterated by the sheer force of it.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Immediately, Sandy took to them with his staff. He swung in wide arcs, and whenever he hit a spider it was essentially obliterated by the sheer force of it.

Many above them rained down tons of web. It piled around and on him.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

On 11/3/2023 at 9:36 PM, Nameless* said:

"That is I why I came. Oh, and Xyr? A word of advice. You'll need to figure out how to kill all the Narrators, if you want this place to stay dead after you kill it."

Xyr takes a sip of the scotch, burning fire running down his throat, and casually says "I have a few ideas I just what to see what becomes of them."

Xiahida charges the large spider, slashing at a leg.

9 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

sorry, the way i put it was unclear. He is constantly shifting between them so his blade is Luxite some of the time, it has been for this duel. That's why the change wouldn't affect him. Plot also wasn't all four, but was multiple, and singular, at once (at least, that's my head-canon). 

Platypus continued attacking, not slowing down.

Well, I guess it could be possible to switch like that, but Platypus's personality would dramatically shift as his soul's nature shifted. Also, such a transformation would likely not be controllable for someone that is not Plot, if Plot could even have done it. And having a piece of his soul converted to Chaotic Light while the rest is Ordered Light would still have an effect, because the two powers cannot coexist.

Nameless continued blocking Platypus's attacks. "Did you really fight Thaidakar to a draw? I can't imagine how, unless he was weaker than I thought."

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Did I... what?" Jeremy furrowed his brow. "Make it? How in the world would I have made It? I woke up here with no idea of who I am or where I am!"

The shadowed figure held up his hands defensively. "Hey, I was just curious. I'm only here because one of my minions told me I should check it out."

9 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No idea."

Crickets flapped his wings, shedding the webbing that had gotten stuck to him. I guess Xiahida is the one with the fire powers.

6 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Well, I guess it could be possible to switch like that, but Platypus's personality would dramatically shift as his soul's nature shifted. Also, such a transformation would likely not be controllable for someone that is not Plot, if Plot could even have done it. And having a piece of his soul converted to Chaotic Light while the rest is Ordered Light would still have an effect, because the two powers cannot coexist.

Nameless continued blocking Platypus's attacks. "Did you really fight Thaidakar to a draw? I can't imagine how, unless he was weaker than I thought."

The shadowed figure held up his hands defensively. "Hey, I was just curious. I'm only here because one of my minions told me I should check it out."

Crickets flapped his wings, shedding the webbing that had gotten stuck to him. I guess Xiahida is the one with the fire powers.

he can't control it. Nameless' change to his soul changed the rest back to ordered light. and yes, he does shift with the changes. 

Platypus' Blade seemed to alter as he fought, nearly imperceptibly. He continued to fight. "You think I'm fighting the best I can? I'm fighting Nameless, there's nothing on the line for me. Subversion won't have beat me if I lose, you did. I simply fought, and I was empowered by Plot. I could do a similar thing here, but I don't need to yet."

28 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Jeremy began to laugh*. "A minion? I guess you're a supervillain, then?"

*Okay. Maybe he was going a little insane.

23 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalador goes over to jeremy and whacks him hard.

Jeremy gives a yelp of pain and whirls around, furious. "What was that for?" he exclaimed angrily to the entity behind him.*

*I would have described it, but I have no idea what an "abalador" is.

Edited by xinoehp512

13 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

a man. a very normal, ordinary, man. who also makes people do stupid things. 

"insanity"

"Great," said Jeremy sardonically. "Just great. I'm surrounded by weirdos*. And I still don't know where I am!"

*Don't take it personally. He's had a rough day**.
**Or, well, first five minutes of existence.

Edited by xinoehp512

8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Great," said Jeremy sardonically. "Just great. I'm surrounded by weirdos*. And I still don't know where I am!"

*Don't take it personally. He's had a rough day**.
**Or, well, five minutes.

13 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

a man. a very normal, ordinary, man. who also makes people do stupid things. 

"insanity"

The Once Author materializes next to Jeremy and Abalador. "What's going on?" He asks.

What is going on?

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalador looks at the footnotes then waves them away. "alright, youre calling me a weirdo? what are you, crazy? im not weird at all, i just occasionally break the law..."

Jeremy gave Abalador a look and shook his head, not bothering to respond.

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once Author materializes next to Jeremy and Abalador. "What's going on?" He asks.

What is going on?

"Don't ask me*," responded Jeremy, who at this point was not in the mood to be surprised. "Nobody's been telling me anything."

*Don't ask me either.