The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

"Keeps coming back from the dead? How DARE you!" Nameless threw his Narrationblade to the side and caught Platypus's Blades with his bare hands. "You tell me that after what Thaidakar did? After you treated him like a hero? He could've destroyed this entire thread with what he did, and yet you accuse ME of refusing to die?" Nameless's face twisted with rage, threads of plot stabbing towards Platypus from all sides. "I will not stand here and let you insult me like this!"

"NONE OF YOU STAY DEAD!" Platypus shouted, then his face set into a cold, emotionless mask, and his Blade changed materials again, then morphed to be razor sharp all over. "I don't care how you see yourself, or Thaid. I never thought he was a hero. I thought he was a man that wanted to do things better, and couldn't. I saw the sort of person I could respect. All the times I've interacted with you, or heard of you, it has been that you are cocky, arrogant, that you couldn't accept anything to not go your way. That sounds too much like how I don't want to be to not insult it." The plot penetrated his skin, and seemed to sink into him, fading away.

6 hours ago, Nameless* said:

The figure did not move. The clockwork creature noticed that Sequence had stopped and scurried over to her, looking worried. As its center got closer to the figure, however, the circle of light's edge warped, refusing to illuminate the thing in the shadows.

Sequence glanced back down at the creature for a split second before immediately returning her gaze to the shadow. She slowly resumed following the creature, keeping both her eyes and her spear on the shadow as she tried not to pass out from fear.

3 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"you, mostly. i have no idea what half the words come out of my mouth mean. hows the weather?"

"Not terrible."

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"NONE OF YOU STAY DEAD!" Platypus shouted, then his face set into a cold, emotionless mask, and his Blade changed materials again, then morphed to be razor sharp all over. "I don't care how you see yourself, or Thaid. I never thought he was a hero. I thought he was a man that wanted to do things better, and couldn't. I saw the sort of person I could respect. All the times I've interacted with you, or heard of you, it has been that you are cocky, arrogant, that you couldn't accept anything to not go your way. That sounds too much like how I don't want to be to not insult it." The plot penetrated his skin, and seemed to sink into him, fading away.

Nameless moved his grip down to Platypus's hands. "Yes, I'm arrogant. I have to be. When I am weak, there are consequences. That pathetic version of me died because of weakness. More importantly, he still lives because of my weakness." Light spreads from Nameless into Platypus, and the Narrator shook his head. "Platypus, you are a fool."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Well," said Jeremy, "You could help a person in need. Maybe someone who's trapped somewhere."

"Well, where's someone that's trapped?"

1 hour ago, Sequence said:

Sequence glanced back down at the creature for a split second before immediately returning her gaze to the shadow. She slowly resumed following the creature, keeping both her eyes and her spear on the shadow as she tried not to pass out from fear.

The shadow remained on the edge of the light, but it did not appear to be able to enter it. The clockwork creature hurried quickly on, and soon they were at another door. The clockwork creature scratched at the door, then turned to Sequence expectantly.

12 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Jeremy sighed. "Me. I'm trapped." He gestured to the surroundings. "Look around. I don't see any doors, or teleporters, or however it is that people are showing up here, do you?"

39 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeremy sighed. "Me. I'm trapped." He gestured to the surroundings. "Look around. I don't see any doors, or teleporters, or however it is that people are showing up here, do you?"

“Oh, that’s easy. I just use my powers and poke a hole in the world. Works in most places.”

12 hours ago, Nameless* said:

The shadow remained on the edge of the light, but it did not appear to be able to enter it. The clockwork creature hurried quickly on, and soon they were at another door. The clockwork creature scratched at the door, then turned to Sequence expectantly.

Pale and shivering, Sequence opened the door, ready for another horror on the other side.

39 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Pale and shivering, Sequence opened the door, ready for another horror on the other side.

Contrary to Sequence's expectations, the door opened to reveal a workshop. The Dreamsmith sat at one end of the room, fitting a gear onto a small model.

38 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"So... you can get me out of here?" asked Jeremy cautiously.

"Depends. Can you survive outside of the world?"

Edited by Nameless*

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeremy blinked. "Outside of this world? ... I guess? Why would I not be able to?"

“No, not outside this world. Outside all the worlds.” The shadowed figure looked closely at Jeremy. “You don’t look like someone who can survive out there, but looks can be deceiving.  Want to risk it?”

14 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"Not terrible."

Nameless moved his grip down to Platypus's hands. "Yes, I'm arrogant. I have to be. When I am weak, there are consequences. That pathetic version of me died because of weakness. More importantly, he still lives because of my weakness." Light spreads from Nameless into Platypus, and the Narrator shook his head. "Platypus, you are a fool."

"I am. But I am a fool that knows it, which will always be better than the other kind." Platypus wrenched the Blade out of Nameless' hands. The light that moved toward Platypus faded as it neared him, disappearing before it arrives.

On 11/5/2023 at 6:45 PM, Nameless* said:

"So you know the truth. The story matters, and nothing else." He grinned, eyes filled with the light of chaos. "No one understands that anymore. They care about things that don't matter, they immerse themselves in the story and so become mere pawns when they should be so much more. I will fix that. And the path to fixing it starts with your death. So be prepared, Darkness. For once I am done with Platypus, you are next." Nameless spun around and walked out of the room before Darkness could make any reply, door dramatically slamming behind him.

Darkness sat there for a long time deep in thought.

Nameless was an interesting individual...

A plan formed in Darkness' mind...

Yes, this would work out well...

He downed the rest of the scotch, ending what had seemed eternal. It seemed to be a theme... Good. Perhaps he would get a motif eventually too.

And Darkness stood, walking to a guard, "We have work to do. I need you to get me Mythos."

The guard nodded, descending down the stairs.

Darkness almost smiled, but held himself back. No, he could not get into that habit. 

Perhaps it was time to do what he hadn't done in a very long time...

Suddenly, Darkness announced to a room filling with servants and guards, "An oracular ritual will commence tonight in the seeing tower!" Code. It meant what it was on the surface, but it also meant something drastically different. A few key servants nodded, leaving instantly.

Soon. Soon Darkness would have all he needed for the coming confrontation...

Soon...

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

“No, not outside this world. Outside all the worlds.” The shadowed figure looked closely at Jeremy. “You don’t look like someone who can survive out there, but looks can be deceiving.  Want to risk it?”

"Anything to get out of here," said Jeremy vehemently.