The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"Ah yeah.. I suppose that makes sense. And, another mind test? It isn't anything like... Omen's test, is it?" Sequence shuddered, wrapping her arms around herself.

The Dreamsmith shook his head decisively. "No more tests. I know for a fact that you're deserving of a weapon. I'm sorry about Omen. I'll have a talk with him after this."

Just now, Nameless* said:

The Dreamsmith shook his head decisively. "No more tests. I know for a fact that you're deserving of a weapon. I'm sorry about Omen. I'll have a talk with him after this."

Sequence breathed a sigh of relief, rubbing her arms as if she could almost feel the nails. "Thank you.."

35 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Sequence breathed a sigh of relief, rubbing her arms as if she could almost feel the nails. "Thank you.."

"Alright. So, dagger at the end of an invisible chain, that will float around you and and fight on its own. Sounds good?"

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"It gives you an advantage, does it?" The ground shook again, and Platypus stood in four places. Then eight. Then sixteen. Soon, Platypus had hundreds of versions of himself standing in front of Nameless, who summoned his Narrationblade confidently. "We'll see about that."

All of Platypus had matching confidant expressions. "Come at me," his voice invited, thousands saying it, sound echoing off the walls, ever-growing.

6 hours ago, Nameless* said:

That's much better, thanks. The grip on Jeremy's arm slacked as something appeared out of the endless nothingness, a wall of light seemed to stretch into infinity. We're here.

If Jeffery had been in a state of mind to ask questions, he would have asked where "here" was. As it stood, he just stared at the wall.

4 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

All of Platypus had matching confidant expressions. "Come at me," his voice invited, thousands saying it, sound echoing off the walls, ever-growing.

Nameless became a blur, moving towards the nearest group of Platypuses, sending them flying with a flurry of blows.

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

If Jeffery had been in a state of mind to ask questions, he would have asked where "here" was. As it stood, he just stared at the wall.

A clawed hand appeared briefly on the wall of light, tearing a small hole in it. Then the grip on Jeremy's arm returned, and he was pulled through the hole.

Jeremy and the shadowed figure appeared next to an elephant carcass in an empty desert. It was nighttime, and there was little sound except for that of the Hunger*.

*While not hunting, the Hunger makes a noise almost identical to the wind, only with the added cries of those most recently devoured, which can be heard only if one listens very closely.

11 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

A clawed hand appeared briefly on the wall of light, tearing a small hole in it. Then the grip on Jeremy's arm returned, and he was pulled through the hole.

Jeremy and the shadowed figure appeared next to an elephant carcass in an empty desert. It was nighttime, and there was little sound except for that of the Hunger*.

*While not hunting, the Hunger makes a noise almost identical to the wind, only with the added cries of those most recently devoured, which can be heard only if one listens very closely.

Jeremy gasped, taking his first breath of air in what felt like a lifetime. He fell to the ground and kissed it.* This turned out to be a mistake.

"Blech," he spat. "What is that?"** He looked around. "Where are we?"

*Whether or not people actually do that I don't know. Jeremy definitely did.
**Poo. It was elephant poo.

Edited by xinoehp512

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeremy gasped, taking his first breath of air in what felt like a lifetime. He fell to the ground and kissed it.* This turned out to be a mistake.

"Blech," he spat. "What is that?"**

*Whether or not people actually do that I don't know. Jeremy definitely did.

"It's sand." The shadowed figure looked backwards regretfully as the hole in reality slowly reknit behind them. "So, do you like this better than the endless plain?"

Just now, Nameless* said:

"It's sand." The shadowed figure looked backwards regretfully as the hole in reality slowly reknit behind them. "So, do you like this better than the endless plain?"

Jeremy was busy staring up at the stars. 

"What are those?" he asked, his voice breathless.

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"The stars?" The shadowed figure looked up with a mildly annoyed expression. "Big balls of flaming gas."

"Why are they so... so..." Jeremy was unable to find a word to properly describe their quality. "Is this a special feature of this world?"

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Why are they so... so..." Jeremy was unable to find a word to properly describe their quality. "Is this a special feature of this world?"

"No, they look normal to me." The shadowed figure stared up at the stars in a decidedly unimpressed way. "Perhaps a little brighter than normal."

7 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"No, they look normal to me." The shadowed figure stared up at the stars in a decidedly unimpressed way. "Perhaps a little brighter than normal."

"You mean to say they are everywhere?" gasped Jeremy. "Remarkable..."

After a few more moments of stargazing, he decided to look around at his surroundings. It was then he noticed the 'wind'.*

"What is that sound?" he asked.

*Don't think I've forgotten.

Edited by xinoehp512

49 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You mean to say they are everywhere?" gasped Jeremy. "Remarkable..."

After a few more moments of stargazing, he decided to look around at his surroundings. It was then he noticed the 'wind'.*

"What is that sound?" he asked.

*Don't think I've forgotten.

“The wind? Surely you’ve heard the wind before.”

11 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"I..." The shadowed figure trailed off, listening closely to the wind. "That is odd. I hope we didn't land in one of those worlds."

"One of what worlds?" asked Jeremy in irritation. "And for goodness sakes, why are you so cryptic all of the time? Is it so hard to explain yourself the first time you say something?"

Edited by xinoehp512

Suddenly, pineapples.

A mysterious figure cut the pineapples in half, Fruit Ninja style.

Tocf snuck away holding the now empty pineapple value pack (TM) that Nerdy had been saving for this exact purpose.

Nerdy stepped in front of the Narrators, holding the Plotblade of Drama. Normally a dramatic entrance such as this would have it at full power, but since none of this made any sense, it wasn't fully charged.

2 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Suddenly, pineapples.

A mysterious figure cut the pineapples in half, Fruit Ninja style.

Tocf snuck away holding the now empty pineapple value pack (TM) that Nerdy had been saving for this exact purpose.

Nerdy stepped in front of the Narrators, holding the Plotblade of Drama. Normally a dramatic entrance such as this would have it at full power, but since none of this made any sense, it wasn't fully charged.

Desolation also appeared, eating animal crackers.