The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

3 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Nerdy snapped their fingers and teleported themself and the Once-Author to a completely different arena owned by a different brand. Dramatic music started playing as Nerdy pulled out their Plotblade.

The Once-Author summoned his Authorblade, and began running at Nerdy.

Which plotblade?

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

6 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"Okay, let me explain it better. There are these Narrators, think gods of creation. Tons of power, not very much responsibility, pretty terrible people. They make worlds, and sometimes they make worlds that you wouldn't want to go to. Which this one might be." The shadowed figure looked around nervously. "If it is one of those worlds, then we need to leave."

At that moment, the wind stopped.

"Leave? As in back through... that place?" Jeremy shuddered involuntarily at the thought. "I would uh, rather not."

He did not seem to notice the wind dying.

4 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Nerdy has the Plotblade of Drama. They dueled Platypus with it once.

Nerdy held up Drama and parried the attack.

The Once-Author lunged again, this time narrating the ground beneath Nerdy to glue so he couldn't move his feet.

What does that Plotblade do again?

7 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"True. I'd do the same, but I'm sure you wouldn't die, even if I killed you, so..." Platypus' attack continued to speed up as more and more came towards Nameless.

"Yes, splitting people does tend to make them easier to kill with one-hit attacks." Nameless matched the increased speed with his own, managing to hit several more Platypuses with his medallion.

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Leave? As in back through... that place?" Jeremy shuddered involuntarily at the thought. "I would uh, rather not."

He did not seem to notice the wind dying.

"Well I guess we could look for another way out. If it is one of those worlds, then I doubt it will have an easily accessible exit. Such a thing would allow evil to leak out." The shadowed figure looked around. "Hey, the wind's gone. Is that a good sign?*"

*It's not

Edited by Nameless*

13 hours ago, Nameless* said:

“Yes, it’s an option. I can do basically anything using a soul like yours.”

“Cool! I’d like that then please, thanks!” Sequence smiled happily. “A talking knife on an invisible chain..” Sequence looked up at the ceiling and daydreamed about it and the adventures they’d have.

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

"Yes, splitting people does tend to make them easier to kill with one-hit attacks." Nameless matched the increased speed with his own, managing to hit several more Platypuses with his medallion.

"Well I guess we could look for another way out. If it is one of those worlds, then I doubt it will have an easily accessible exit. Such a thing would allow evil to leak out." The shadowed figure looked around. "Hey, the wind's gone. Is that a good sign?*"

*It's not

Each one disappeared as he did, landing near-randomly throughout the thread.

9 hours ago, Nameless* said:

*It's not

"death of wind is the death of the world" abalador says solemnly.

9 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author lunged again, this time narrating the ground beneath Nerdy to glue so he couldn't move his feet.

What does that Plotblade do again?

It becomes progressively more powerful the more *DrAmaTIC* things get, and has some useful abilities like teleportation. Nerdy also has a normal Narrationblade.

Nerdy simply teleported behind the Once-Author and lunged forward.

35 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

It becomes progressively more powerful the more *DrAmaTIC* things get, and has some useful abilities like teleportation. Nerdy also has a normal Narrationblade.

Nerdy simply teleported behind the Once-Author and lunged forward.

The Once-Author dissipated, and Nerdy went through him. Then the Once-Author swung his Authorblade at Nerdy once more.

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author dissipated, and Nerdy went through him. Then the Once-Author swung his Authorblade at Nerdy once more.

Nerdy teleported away in a puff of smoke, then ran at the Once-Author and jumped into a powerful attack.

49 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Nerdy teleported away in a puff of smoke, then ran at the Once-Author and jumped into a powerful attack.

The Once Author reversed gravity on Nerdy, so his jump propelled him high into the air. Then he narrated a wall for Nerdy to run into after his long fall up.

14 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once Author reversed gravity on Nerdy, so his jump propelled him high into the air. Then he narrated a wall for Nerdy to run into after his long fall up.

Nerdy landed on their feet and stuck the landing, then Narrated all gravity away and jumped to the Once-Author.

"This is better, don't you agree?"

Just now, NerdyAarakocra said:

Nerdy landed on their feet and stuck the landing, then Narrated all gravity away and jumped to the Once-Author.

"This is better, don't you agree?"

The Once-Author waved his hand and the world bent around them. Then he altered gravity so it pulled in all directions. "I prefer to keep things moving." He said.

22 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Nerdy teleported behind, to the side, and in front of the Once-Author in rapid succession, making a strike each time. "Well, if you insist."

The Once-Author flinches, then fades away. "OI NERDY I'M OVER HERE QUIT HITTING AN ILLUSION!" He shouts from across the arena.

Just now, NerdyAarakocra said:

Nerdy fades into view behind the Once-Narrator. "That makes two of us."

Nerdy strikes downwards- 

The Once Author's body spurts blood as he is cleaved in half. He re-forms a few feet away, rubbing his neck. "OW. WATCH WHERE YOU SWING THAT THING!"  The Once-Author throws his authorblade, the air around it lighting on fire as it flies head-on towards Nerdy.

7 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Nerdy jumps out of the way at the last second, barely avoiding the blade. They're on the defensive now.

The Once-Author reappears next to Nerdy, catching the Authorblade in midair. He slams the blade into the ground and the arena transforms into a volcano. Balls of fire rain from the sky as the Once-Author swings at Nerdy again, his blade crackling with lightning.

Edited by Ancient Elantrian