The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

3 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe nodded questioningly to the others. What about them?

"We'll have a better chance if we all flee in different directions," whispered Nogard. "Hopefully they'll all get the idea."

41 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"We'll have a better chance if we all flee in different directions," whispered Nogard. "Hopefully they'll all get the idea."

Shoe guessed that made sense.

He held up three fingers. On three?

9 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

He held up three fingers. On three?

The old man looked back at Shoe, then shook his head. "Hang one a second" he whispered, glancing back towards the goblins. "If they don't buy it, I'll make a distraction. But if you run now, they'll think I'm bluffing for sure."

16 minutes ago, NameIess said:

The old man looked back at Shoe, then shook his head. "Hang one a second" he whispered, glancing back towards the goblins. "If they don't buy it, I'll make a distraction. But if you run now, they'll think I'm bluffing for sure."

11 hours ago, NameIess said:

A flicker of surprise crossed the old mans face, but he covered it quickly. “Last time I was bluffing. This time I am not.” He raised an arm towards the large goblin. “Do you need me to further prove my power, or would you prefer I leave you with your life?”

He didn’t have the rabbits last time he was here.

"Fine lets see the might of the old guy, returning from the dead! Trying to walk instead of crawl! What say you!" THe goblin reached toward al the other goblins, who cheered their approval. Then they chanted. A steady ppulsing, dramatic beat. A violent beat. A beat of war. 

A Rhythm of War!

2 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"Fine lets see the might of the old guy, returning from the dead! Trying to walk instead of crawl! What say you!" THe goblin reached toward al the other goblins, who cheered their approval. Then they chanted. A steady ppulsing, dramatic beat. A violent beat. A beat of war. 

A Rhythm of War!

5 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe shook his head at Nogard.

"Shoe, we should run" Nyks whispered. 

Side note, I now have an irl friend named Nyx and I keep spelling her name wrong, oops. 

18 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe sighed as the chanting grew louder. He wasn't so sure that was a good idea.

"You want to stay and fight that?" hissed Nogard.

Edited by xinoehp512

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You want to stay and fight that?" hissed Nogard.

Well, Shoe didn't exactly want to run straight into the crowd of angry goblins. He gestured to the small throng of angry creatures with his hands.

3 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Well, Shoe didn't exactly want to run straight into the crowd of angry goblins. He gestured to the small throng of angry creatures with his hands.

Nogard frowned. "I'm... not sure I understand."

5 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

A Rhythm of War!

“Very well.” The false wrath fell away from the old man’s face, replaced by an expression of regret. “I had hoped it would not come to this, but… well, we shall have to see how well you can face me this time

The old man raised his staff, then swung it towards the ground. In front of him, the crowd of goblins split, shoved aside by his invisible helpers.

”Go! The time to flee is now. I will hold their attention.”

He swung his staff to the side, a wave of invisible force following after it, swallowing buildings and goblins alike and leaving shattered remnants and nibbled foes in its wake. 

“Come! See the fruits of my labors these years past! I will not fail here as I did before!”

10 hours ago, reisleK said:

"I just think we should leave," Nyks muttered.

10 hours ago, NameIess said:

“Very well.” The false wrath fell away from the old man’s face, replaced by an expression of regret. “I had hoped it would not come to this, but… well, we shall have to see how well you can face me this time

The old man raised his staff, then swung it towards the ground. In front of him, the crowd of goblins split, shoved aside by his invisible helpers.

”Go! The time to flee is now. I will hold their attention.”

He swung his staff to the side, a wave of invisible force following after it, swallowing buildings and goblins alike and leaving shattered remnants and nibbled foes in its wake. 

“Come! See the fruits of my labors these years past! I will not fail here as I did before!”

Now it was a good time to run.

Shoe ran.

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nogard followed with haste.

Nyks ran with them, moving with surprising grace for her age (She's 400+, appears 40 but you know, magic, gives agility and stuff)