The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nogard crested the wall.

"Thanks," he said, panting, to Shoe. "Your muffins... have uses... multitudinous... indeed."

Shoe nodded and started climbing down the other side.

He didn't want to be on top when this side of wall hit the other.

Edited by Through The Living Glass

9 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

The wall has twenty feet left, Goblins were dying.

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nogard crested the wall.

"Thanks," he said, panting, to Shoe. "Your muffins... have uses... multitudinous... indeed."

9 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe nodded and started climbing down the other side.

He didn't want to be on top when this side of wall hit the other.

The distant rumbling grew louder and louder, until it drowned out even the screams of the dying goblins and the grinding of the walls along the ground. From their vantage near the top of the wall, Nogard and Shoe saw trees topple and clods of dirt rip up from the ground as an immeasurable horde of invisible rabbits stampeded recklessly toward the closing walls. An instant later, the rabbits were upon them, and it was all the pair could do to stop themselves from being ripped off the wall and tossed to the ground far below by the flow of fluffy beasts.

In the center of the walls, the old man raised his spear high, glowing red energy gathering at the tip of the spear of Instakans as he held it high above his head. As the first of the rabbits crested the wall, that energy shot forth as crimson lightning, forming a web that ran between the four walls. The rabbits ran along this web, red crackles across their bodies making them vaguely visible as they braced the walls.

Slowly, the walls ground to a halt.

The old man lowered the spear and smiled. "Much better. Well, I do believe that our quest has been successful! Who's ready to fix my bridge?"

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Selppaenip frowned, following obediently. "DtH? What does this mean?"

"Doomed to Heroism syndrome. It's a rather common ailment among named characters here in TLT. Not to worry, I have a foolproof training regimen to overcome it."

... handed Selppaenip a knife, and pointed him towards some vegetables. "Chop those, then put them in that pot of boiling water."

Edited by NameIess

On 9/14/2024 at 12:15 AM, reisleK said:

Nyks decided to try something she had never attempted, something she wasn't quite sure was possible. It wasn't possible until now when I thought about it. "Scrutator?" She asked. "Can you connect with Aero? He would be useful here, you know." She mentally tried to pull the boy in, feeling somewhat of a connection forming.

Before I take this any further and decide if she fails or succeeds, am I allowed to have more than one character? Or would I have to swap them?

The next thing she knew, there was a slight pop, and a small, scrawny looking boy appeared next to her. "Where am I?" he asked her. Nyks went to open her mouth, but no sound came out. She tried again, and again. 
"Nyks, you're fading," the boy, Aero, noted. 
The next thing he knew, she was gone. 

And Aero was surrounded by toddler goblins.

18 hours ago, NameIess said:

"Doomed to Heroism syndrome. It's a rather common ailment among named characters here in TLT. Not to worry, I have a foolproof training regimen to overcome it."

... handed Selppaenip a knife, and pointed him towards some vegetables. "Chop those, then put them in that pot of boiling water."

Selppaenip brandished the knife and vanquished the vegetables, chopping them into irregular sections.

18 hours ago, NameIess said:

The distant rumbling grew louder and louder, until it drowned out even the screams of the dying goblins and the grinding of the walls along the ground. From their vantage near the top of the wall, Nogard and Shoe saw trees topple and clods of dirt rip up from the ground as an immeasurable horde of invisible rabbits stampeded recklessly toward the closing walls. An instant later, the rabbits were upon them, and it was all the pair could do to stop themselves from being ripped off the wall and tossed to the ground far below by the flow of fluffy beasts.

In the center of the walls, the old man raised his spear high, glowing red energy gathering at the tip of the spear of Instakans as he held it high above his head. As the first of the rabbits crested the wall, that energy shot forth as crimson lightning, forming a web that ran between the four walls. The rabbits ran along this web, red crackles across their bodies making them vaguely visible as they braced the walls.

Slowly, the walls ground to a halt.

The old man lowered the spear and smiled. "Much better. Well, I do believe that our quest has been successful! Who's ready to fix my bridge?"

Nogard's mouth hung open.

"Guh," he said. "Er, bridge?"

On 8/17/2024 at 2:11 PM, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

In style if the TLT way, they travelled quickly, until they reached a massive canyon that they couldn’t just walk over. On the other side of the canyon was a huge tower reaching into the clouds. “Here we are. And a good thing their is a bridge here as well for us to use.”

An old, rickety wooded bridge appreares, spanning the entire gap.

”So who is first?”

Nogard suddenly recalled the Bridge Incident early in the quest.

8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nogard suddenly recalled the Bridge Incident early in the quest.

"What is he talking about?" The Once-Author leans over and whispers to Nogard. He had kinda just been following, and hadn't paid any attention to what happened.

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"What is he talking about?" The Once-Author leans over and whispers to Nogard. He had kinda just been following, and hadn't paid any attention to what happened.

"We tried to cross a bridge, but we broke it," Nogard whispered back. "Apparently it was his."

12 minutes ago, The H said:

"Of course he does!" Yrank interjected. "I know all too well of the despair losing a bridge..." he trailed off.

"Uh... I hate to ask this, but where are we?" Aero asked, glancing around. He scratched the sword tattoo on his arm as he spoke.

19 minutes ago, reisleK said:

"Uh... I hate to ask this, but where are we?" Aero asked, glancing around. He scratched the sword tattoo on his arm as he spoke.

"At the end of a quest," Nogard said wistfully.

17 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe passed out muffins to everyone.

He also created a pile of muffins for the goblins to munch on, so they wouldn't attack again.

"Thank you once again," Nogard said, tipping his muffin to Shoe before consuming it. "And for everything."

1 hour ago, The H said:

"Of course he does!" Yrank interjected. "I know all too well of the despair losing a bridge..." he trailed off.

The Once-Author puts a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "It's okay. It'll all be alright."

46 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"With the spear? He's getting a new one."

"And how is this happening? I keep a spare bridge in my pocket anymore."

27 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Thank you once again," Nogard said, tipping his muffin to Shoe before consuming it. "And for everything."

Shoe nodded, then patted Nogard on the shoulder reassuringly.

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"And how is this happening? I keep a spare bridge in my pocket anymore."

Shoe questioned the grammar of that sentence.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nogard sighed. "You know... I feel like I didn't really contribute much to this quest."

Shoe cocked his head. I think you contributed more than you know, he thought.

But of course, he couldn't tell Nogard that.

So Shoe just hugged him instead.

Just now, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe cocked his head. I think you contributed more than you know, he thought.

But of course, he couldn't tell Nogard that.

So Shoe just hugged him instead.

"Thanks," said Nogard, feeling slightly awkward but mostly touched. "For someone who can't talk, you do alright communicating."

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Thanks," said Nogard, feeling slightly awkward but mostly touched. "For someone who can't talk, you do alright communicating."

Shoe hugged him tighter for a moment, then let go, turning to look at the other members of the company.

46 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Hey. Stop questioning the grammar of my sentence."

Shoe continued questioning.

26 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author is standing there awkwardly. He didn't get a hug. :(

Shoe had never really interacted with the Once-Author . . . but he patted him on the back.