The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe continued questioning.

Shoe had never really interacted with the Once-Author . . . but he patted him on the back.

The Once-Author was kinda insulted by the questioning. But the pat made up for it. 

"Hi, I'm the Once-Author." he introduced himself. 

40 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"So where'd you get that name from?"

Shoe did some gesturing with his hands to explain.

35 minutes ago, reisleK said:

"I'm Aero," Aero said, figuring this was a good time to introduce himself.

Shoe waved to Aero.

The Goblin leader suddenly collapsed. He was dead. The rest of the army of goblins, in a sudden wave, vaulted over the walls and crashed into the forest around them, disappearing. When they were gone, all that remained was a single weapon. A spear. The legendary spear of Instakans. It vibrated with energy, ready for a new master. The quest was over.

@Scars of Hathsin @NameIess @The H @Ancient Elantrian @The Bookwyrm @xinoehp512 @Through The Living Glass @reisleK

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

2 hours ago, reisleK said:

"'Bout time someone musters enough respect to introduce themself..." Yrank muttered, still knowing next to nothing about these people.

2 hours ago, reisleK said:

"Nice to meet you too!" replied Nogard. "If you're here for the quest, I'm afraid you're too late." He gestured to the old man, who was still cackling with the spear. "The Spear has already been claimed."

15 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Selppaenip brandished the knife and vanquished the vegetables, chopping them into irregular sections.

… shook his head, then dumped the vegetables into the pot. “Now, take this rag and clean the vegetable chunks off my walls. There was no need to be so violent.”

9 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

The Goblin leader suddenly collapsed. He was dead. The rest of the army of goblins, in a sudden wave, vaulted over the walls and crashed into the forest around them, disappearing. When they were gone, all that remained was a single weapon. A spear. The legendary spear of Instakans. It vibrated with energy, ready for a new master. The quest was over.

@Scars of Hathsin @NameIess @The H @Ancient Elantrian @The Bookwyrm @xinoehp512 @Through The Living Glass @reisleK

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Nice to meet you too!" replied Nogard. "If you're here for the quest, I'm afraid you're too late." He gestured to the old man, who was still cackling with the spear. "The Spear has already been claimed."

59 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"But why is the spear important?" You asked, more to himself than anything.

The old man tossed the spear to Nogard. “It’s an incredibly powerful magical artifact, that’s why it’s important. I have no need of it anymore, not now that I have my rabbits back.”

He turned and began walking back to where his bridge had been. “Anyways, we should get moving. That rabbit bridge isn’t going to fix itself, and what if other shepherds happen to be passing by? Would you force their rabbits to use the human bridge?”

8 hours ago, The H said:

"'Bout time someone musters enough respect to introduce themself..." Yrank muttered, still knowing next to nothing about these people.

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

10 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Nice to meet you Aero. What brings you to TLT?"

"Nyks did something to get me here, not quite sure what..." he trailed off, scratching his arm again. "I think she wanted me here," He closed his eyes for a second, manipulating darkness into the shape of a sword. 
"Do you want me to stab something?"

46 minutes ago, reisleK said:

"Nyks did something to get me here, not quite sure what..." he trailed off, scratching his arm again. "I think she wanted me here," He closed his eyes for a second, manipulating darkness into the shape of a sword. 

...Shoe threw him a muffin after backing away...

Edited by Through The Living Glass

1 hour ago, reisleK said:

"No. Not now. Who's Nyks?"

1 hour ago, NameIess said:

shook his head, then dumped the vegetables into the pot. “Now, take this rag and clean the vegetable chunks off my walls. There was no need to be so violent.”

Selppaenip frowned, taking the rag and beginning to wipe clean the walls. "Is that not how everyone cuts vegetables?"

1 hour ago, NameIess said:

… shook his head, then dumped the vegetables into the pot. “Now, take this rag and clean the vegetable chunks off my walls. There was no need to be so violent.”

The old man tossed the spear to Nogard. “It’s an incredibly powerful magical artifact, that’s why it’s important. I have no need of it anymore, not now that I have my rabbits back.”

He turned and began walking back to where his bridge had been. “Anyways, we should get moving. That rabbit bridge isn’t going to fix itself, and what if other shepherds happen to be passing by? Would you force their rabbits to use the human bridge?”

Nogard caught the spear in surprise. "Uh... Thanks!"

He considered the spear for a moment. "Well, I suppose we are in need of a new quest. Bridge-fixing seems reasonable!"

19 minutes ago, reisleK said:

"She was just here before me... I think. Long hair the color of the void? Really pale with blue eyes? I don't know if it matters anyway," Aero shrugged.

Shoe also shrugged, walking back towards Aero but eyeing the sword.

48 minutes ago, reisleK said:

"She was just here before me... I think. Long hair the color of the void? Really pale with blue eyes? I don't know if it matters anyway," Aero shrugged.

The Once-Author also shrugged. "Don't know her."

Woe sat on a rock. It was a plain rock, as smooth as they got in the desert of desertion. He knew why it was named such. It was an old story. As tory about betrayal. It seemed fitting that he should find himself there. 

All around him, the dry air, and dry sand, blew softly about the ground. Storms were uncommon. But if they had come, Woe would have welcomed them. Anything to keep his mind off what he had done. Woe did not cry, and yet, why were his eyes moist? He continued to stare into the distant horizon. 

Purpose. 

Oh purpose. 

Woe was a narrator. That meant he was powerful. Practically speaking, as powerful as he was creative. He could do anything. He could be anything. Woe had watched men live. He had watched men die. He had shown men what the world could be. An yet...when one could do anything, suddenly nothing became what was worth doing. 

Purpose. 

Anything Woe did, which had the potential of everything was nothing. For when everything is, nothing is not. And if everything has purpose, nothing has meaning. 

Purpose.

Woe had had purpose. He knew what it was. He knew how it felt. That was why he hated it. As everything is nothing, No purpose is everything. And yet nothing. One real, good things, but nothing to nothing. 

Purpose. Woe sometimes felt that his soul was worn. He felt that in his long sufferings, he was doomed eternally. It was why he had been maned such. Some people thought his name was Woe out of some foreshadowing of what he would bring to them. They were wrong. He was name for himself. He would never be anything beyond his name. Woe. 

Purpose. 

And yet. Falvan gave Woe something. No, Woe had thought it was something, in the end, it was nothing. 

Then why did he cry?

Purpose. Falvan hadn't given Woe life. Something else had.

Purpose. Evil hadn't given Woe, life, purpose, Something good had. 

Purpose.  Adventure hadn't given Woe purpose, the adventurers had. 

Purpose. 

And Woe had betrayed that purpose. 

Woe would only ever be Woe. A narrators name meaned something. He would forever be purposeless, his soul lost on the wind. 

Woe. 

Woe. 

Woe.

And yet, he still cried. What changed? What was in him now that he still had yet to give up? 

What was it? HE searched desperately and stood with a a start. He found it! It was...It was...

Purpose?

20 hours ago, reisleK said:

"Oh, yes!" Nogard suddenly recalled. "I think she mentioned you, actually. She was looking for someone named Aero."

On 9/16/2024 at 11:42 AM, xinoehp512 said:

He considered the spear for a moment. "Well, I suppose we are in need of a new quest. Bridge-fixing seems reasonable!"

"What do you think, Shoe?" Nogard asked. "Up for a mini-quest?"

@Through The Living Glass

Edited by xinoehp512