The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

4 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The OA told him to check, and come back to him if he was wrong.

The hamster asked the OA if he had a computer that he could borrow.

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Unless things have changed, posts here won't count towards your post total.

But congrats 👏 

After a brisk walk, Nogard came to a stop at the brink of the canyon. Hanging from the edge was what had once been a bridge. 

"Here we are," Nogard announced unceremoniously.

they don't. nameless' post count would be much higher if they did.

"Hmm," mused Nogard, after a few minutes of waiting. "I wonder..."

He pulled out his phone and dialed a single number. "Hello? Yeah, I need your help with something."

In the distance, thunder began to rumble and clouds began to gather.

Aero yawned, following slowly. Unintentionally, he began to fall in step with Woe.

2 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Woe followed behind at a distance.

"Hey Woe, how did you betray them again? I kind of got confused at that part..." Aero asked quietly, hoping his question wouldn't offend the others. 

"Ah," said Nogard, looking suddenly troubled. "You've been acquainted, I believe. You see, it's-"

There was a dramatic flash of lightning and a boom of thunder, and all of a sudden there was a man standing behind Jilu. He was tall and redheaded- and in fact, bore a striking resemblance to Nogard.

"-my brother," finished Nogard belatedly. "Er, hey, Erif. How's it going?"

Softly, gently, the rain began to fall. Behind Nogard the bridge popped into full size, settling into its rightful place across the chasm.

The man- Nogard's brother- surveyed the scene, eyes landing on Jilu. He frowned. "I thought they executed you." He pulled out a silver dagger. "I assume you want me to take care of this abomination?" he inquired of Nogard.

"No, no!" replied Nogard hurriedly, holding his hands up. "Er, I actually just needed the rain."

Erif blinked. "The... rain?"

"Yes. The rabbit bridge came out too small, so we needed to put it in water to make it grow." Nogard gestured at the bridge in question. "You have that whole thunderstorm-herald thing going on, so I figured..."

1 hour ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Eager to get away from Erif, Jilu sprints across the bridge, accidentally dropping the rabbit skeleton whilst running. 

"No, wait!" said Nogard, panicked. "The bridge isn't meant to support things bigger than rabbits!"

The bridge creaked ominously in agreement.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"No, wait!" said Nogard, panicked. "The bridge isn't meant to support things bigger than rabbits!"

The bridge creaked ominously in agreement.

"Uh... uhm..." Gail crawled out from under the rock. "Where's my rabbit??"