The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

53 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The OA grumbles, but narrates a new monocle into existence. "I'll only give it back if he apologizes first."

“You’re threatening the sweet lil hamster??”

46 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Wait!" said Nogard urgently. "Where is Shoe?"

“The muffin man?” Gail frowned. “I think we left him in the mud. 

3 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The OA Glares and smashes the monacle.

The hamster gasps.

3 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The OA grumbles, but narrates a new monocle into existence. "I'll only give it back if he apologizes first."

The hamster pulls out another monocle and puts it on. Then he says that he's not apologizing for literally saving his life.

34 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nogard shuffled awkwardly. Could he really interrupt such contentment?

"Er," he said after a few moments. "Are you interested in questing at the moment?"

Shoe shrugged.

23 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Jilu, who had been following Nogard, gasped when she saw Shoe. “What about the MUFFINS?!?”

He gave her a look that clearly meant, aren't you allergic to muffins?

26 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Well, uh. We're questing." Nogard shuffled. "I didn't want to leave you behind, so..."

Shoe sighed. Oh well.

He tried to get out of the mud, but was stuck. He pushed his hand out and gave Nogard an embarrassed and pleading look.

9 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe sighed. Oh well.

He tried to get out of the mud, but was stuck. He pushed his hand out and gave Nogard an embarrassed and pleading look.

Nogard braced himself against the ground  and gave a firm yank on Shoe's arm.

1 hour ago, Through The Living Glass said:

They managed to slooooowly pull him out of the mud with a wet sucking noise.

He was very wet and very dirty when he stood up, but he was ready to go.

He nodded to Noagrd and Jilu in thanks.

Aero stood at least seven feet behind them, trying to avoid getting mud on himself

On 9/21/2024 at 10:31 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Selppaenip promptly took one of the bottles and dumped it in.

... carefully took a spoon and tasted the soup.

A few minutes later...

... managed to stagger to his feet unsteadily, head still spinning. "I... think it would be best if we go out to eat. Watch me carefully, and perhaps you will learn the secrets to normality."

On 9/30/2024 at 12:27 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"The call was- er- convincing. It's possible it wasn't entirely voluntary." Nogard looked somewhat discomfited by the girl's tears. "Um. Anyways, the old man should be around sooner or later, since we finished his quest. I'm sure he'll know what happened."

@NameIess

The old man was unfortunately quite preoccupied with his current task, and would not be back for some time.

12 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Gail picked up the hamster. “Apologize! And fix the monocle!”

One of the invisible rabbits that was watching the group climbed up on Gail's shoulder, considering whether her hair would make a good snack.

--

The Brave Adventurer watched the gathering crowd with satisfaction, contemplating the stir his announcement would cause. The high council of adventurers assembled around him, one by one arriving with and settling themselves down on their elegant chairs around the nonagonal table and regarding the crowd of regular adventurers that packed the edges of the room. Their expressions were disapproving, which was no less than the Brave Adventurer had expected.

The Unseeable Thief arrived, bringing the number of present Council members to six. Perfect. If all goes well, that fool the Great Wizard won't even know we're meeting until it's too late. 

He stood, and addressed the rest of the council. "Shall we call the council to order?"

The Valiant One stood quickly. "We cannot begin! The council is not yet fully assembled! The Great wizard and the Wise Scholar are still not present!"

"I am aware, but my news cannot wait. I am the acting Brave Adventurer, and I tell you that this cannot wait. The council must act as soon as possible, or doom will befall the entire thread."

Reluctantly, the Valiant One nodded, then sat back down. Around the nonagonal table, the other council members nodded as well. The Ancient Flaffle stood, and spoke the formalities.

"The council of the Order of the brave adventurers is now in session. Brave adventurer, what is your news?"

The Brave adventurer stood, opened his mouth, then paused, pretending to hesitate. It wouldn't do to seem too eager to spread news of this magnitude.

When he continued, he did so confidently, in a clear voice that carried to the watching adventurers.

"I have the direst of news. I have received reliable information that the two most dangerous Plotblades, the Plotblades that would tear TLT asunder, do in fact exist."

3 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

They managed to slooooowly pull him out of the mud with a wet sucking noise.

He was very wet and very dirty when he stood up, but he was ready to go.

He nodded to Noagrd and Jilu in thanks.

"Glad to help!"

Due to a strange quirk of literary physics, the distance to the mountain had been reduced to zero, and thus the story could continue without delay. 

"So," said Nogard, "What exactly were you doing with Qodi under the mountain, Gail?"

41 minutes ago, NameIess said:

... carefully took a spoon and tasted the soup.

A few minutes later...

... managed to stagger to his feet unsteadily, head still spinning. "I... think it would be best if we go out to eat. Watch me carefully, and perhaps you will learn the secrets to normality."

"I will watch you with the eyes of a falcon," rumbled Selppaenip. "Also. TP requests Chinese food."

44 minutes ago, NameIess said:

The Brave Adventurer watched the gathering crowd with satisfaction, contemplating the stir his announcement would cause. The high council of adventurers assembled around him, one by one arriving with and settling themselves down on their elegant chairs around the nonagonal table and regarding the crowd of regular adventurers that packed the edges of the room. Their expressions were disapproving, which was no less than the Brave Adventurer had expected.

The Unseeable Thief arrived, bringing the number of present Council members to six. Perfect. If all goes well, that fool the Great Wizard won't even know we're meeting until it's too late. 

He stood, and addressed the rest of the council. "Shall we call the council to order?"

The Valiant One stood quickly. "We cannot begin! The council is not yet fully assembled! The Great wizard and the Wise Scholar are still not present!"

"I am aware, but my news cannot wait. I am the acting Brave Adventurer, and I tell you that this cannot wait. The council must act as soon as possible, or doom will befall the entire thread."

Reluctantly, the Valiant One nodded, then sat back down. Around the nonagonal table, the other council members nodded as well. The Ancient Flaffle stood, and spoke the formalities.

"The council of the Order of the brave adventurers is now in session. Brave adventurer, what is your news?"

The Brave adventurer stood, opened his mouth, then paused, pretending to hesitate. It wouldn't do to seem too eager to spread news of this magnitude.

When he continued, he did so confidently, in a clear voice that carried to the watching adventurers.

"I have the direst of news. I have received reliable information that the two most dangerous Plotblades, the Plotblades that would tear TLT asunder, do in fact exist."

This was a dramatic revelation worthy of dramatic gasps and quiet mutterings. Alas, neither Nogard nor his brother Erif were aware of this portentious portent.