The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

12 hours ago, NameIess said:

The Honorable Judge gazed authoritatively at the sorry group of accidental spies "I'm afraid we can't get you a lawyer, unless you'd accept one from our organization. Sorry. Secret society rules and all. But do not worry, your trial will be as fair as it can be, under the circumstances."

The Brave Adventurer snorted, dropping the now-visible rabbit into a cage held by an aide. "I find their stories ridiculous! Of course they know who the Great Wizard is! They're obviously spies for him, perhaps even assassins! And if you think I'll just tell you what the Plotblades are... well, I am not fool enough for that." He looked around the room again, then frowned. Not when that knowledge could be traced back to me, at least. "Still... Perhaps a little information would be appropriate. The members of our organization must have some idea of what they are looking for, if they are to find it before anyone else. Very well. These Plotblades... they are linked in a way very few are. They empower individuals in very different, but similar ways. If two people found and wielded them, then one or both of them would inevitably be destroyed by the other, but not until TLT was a ruin." He stared directly at the squirrel. "Does that satisfy your curiosity? Now, off to the dungeons with them! We must discuss our actions toward the Great Wizard, and have no time to dwell on the punishment of his lackeys."

Brave adventurers approached the group warily, holding enchanted chains. "Please don't make this any harder than it has to be," one said, holding a spear in a firm grip. "Resist, and you'll only strengthen the case against you."

@Immortal Platypus@SpiritOfWrath@The H

The squirrel blinked. "I still don't know who this "Great Wizard" is, and you saying I do doesn't prove anything. And no, your attempt to dodge the question of what Blades you're talking about doesn't satisfy my curiosity. I'm still confused, since you haven't explained how they are more dangerous than Lore or Endings. Will you tell the council what the Plotblades are? Why won't you tell your trusted council what blades they are? Would you say what they are if we left?"

The squirrel barely held back from saying his next thought, knowing it wouldn't go over well. Or do you intend to frame the Great Wizard (whoever he is) simply so that you can take the Blades for yourself? Even he, a socially inept hamster, could tell that saying that would be a mistake.

The squirrel looked at the adventurers. "Chains struggle to hold me. They're rarely the right size. And strengthen the case against me? There is no case against me! I've done nothing wrong! I am willing to leave, but I figured I could provide help as long as I was here."

A whisper entered Platypus's mind. Seek out Omen. He will guide you.

Platypus' Author had remembered Omen existed, but forgot his name. Platypus went to the area that Cognition, Unintelligible, the OA and others had met Omen during the "Desolation Arc."

43 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Sry was gone over the weekend

Wow this blew up

The OA held up his hand, writing golden, glowing words in the air. They rippled, and a portal appeared, a strong wind blowing into it, beckoning the group.

"That should take us where we wish to go." the Once-Author said, lowering his hand.

@Immortal Platypus @xinoehp512 @SpiritOfWrath @whoeverelseiswithusiforgot

once plot starts, things heat up, and post count skyrockets :P 

41 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe, not wanting to simply walk through, tipped forward into the portal with his hands by his sides.

Zanitar watched this, confused. Then he stepped through the portal.

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Really?" asked Nogard with fascination as the group passed through the portal. "You'll have to show us!"

@The Halcyon Girl and @Scars of Hathsin also.

The group emerged into a shadowed recess with a prime vantage point to observe the currently ongoing arrests. 

Waiting there for them was Qodi.

As soon as the final member stepped through, she began chattering in Rabbit.

"You have... Change, is it? No, that's the Dawnshard. You have Character Development? Platypus told me, but I forgot."

7 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Is this where we're supposed to go...?" The OA seems semi confused.

"Close enough," Zanitar replied. "Now can you make it so we can hear what's going on?"

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"It looks like the meeting room of the Brave Adventurers to me," whispered Nogard. "Er... Does anyone speak rabbit?"

"I told Platypus to make me able to speak all languages, but noooo, that wouldn't be useful," Zanitar griped to himself. "Apparently it never came up with Hacob."

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Typical," said Qodi in Rabbit, sighing. "Nobody bothers learning Rabbit anymore."

The OA shrugged. He understood that kind of phrase, it was common in most small mammal languages. "They didn't have it on Duolingo."

3 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"I once knew an owl who was quite smart!" Sequence chimed in. "I believe she even came up with the formula for faster than light travel, which is quite impressive if you ask me."

Hi Sequence!

Nogard blinked. "Oh! Hello. You're new! Do you speak rabbit?"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Hi Sequence!

Nogard blinked. "Oh! Hello. You're new! Do you speak rabbit?"

Hi xino!

Sequence scoffed and crossed her arms. "New? Why, I'm hardly new... Well I suppose that actually depends on your age... Either way, I do not speak rabbit! In fact, I didn't know that was a legible language!"

7 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Hi xino!

Sequence scoffed and crossed her arms. "New? Why, I'm hardly new... Well I suppose that actually depends on your age... Either way, I do not speak rabbit! In fact, I didn't know that was a legible language!"

"Well, I don't think we've been introduced." Nogard extended his hand. "My name's Nogard - what's yours?"

"Can you understand what I'm saying?" questioned Qodi, still in Rabbit.

"Well, I don't think we've been introduced." Nogard extended his hand. "My name's Nogard - what's yours?"

Shoe nodded. He understood.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Sequence blinked, rather surprised. 
"Why... yes, Nogard, I can! Isn't that something?"
Sequence took Nogard's hand and shook it.
"Anyways, I am the Narrator Sequence! Or just, Sequence. I think my full name is much longer, but if I'm being completely honest, I don't remember it! Lovely to meet you, Nogard."

Edited by Sequence

9 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe nodded. He understood.

"Finally!" groused Qodi.

She proceeded to give an account of the entire meeting up to that point- how the Brave Adventurer had revealed the existence of two new Plotblades of terrifying power, how he had accused the absent Great Wizard of concealing that fact for personal gain, and how the group currently being arrested had been accused of being said Great Wizard's spies.

"Which I doubt they are," she finished. "They aren't rabbits."

7 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"Anyways, I am the Narrator Sequence! Or just, Sequence. I think my full name is much longer, but if I'm being completely honest, I don't remember it! Lovely to meet you, Nogard."

"Nice to meet you too, Sequence! Have you come to join our quest?"

Edited by xinoehp512

"Finally!" groused Qodi.

She proceeded to give an account of the entire meeting up to that point- how the Brave Adventurer had revealed the existence of two new Plotblades of terrifying power, how he had accused the absent Great Wizard of concealing that fact for personal gain, and how the group currently being arrested had been accused of being said Great Wizard's spies.

Shoe wasn't sure what to make of this. He began to eat a muffin while he thought about it.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Nice to meet you too! Have you come to join our quest?"

"Quest? Why, I haven't heard of any quests... It sounds interesting though! Y'know, I was something of an adventurer back in my day."

Sequence chuckled to herself and summoned the Plotblade of Conflict in her right hand, which took the form of a fairly regular ornamented broadsword.

"In fact, I won this beauty from an adventure! I had lots of help, of course. The quest allowed me to unlock this as well!"

In the other hand, Sequence summoned her Narrationblade, which took the form of a long, black, curved blade, ornamented heavily with Liespren-like patterns and flowers.

7 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Shoe wasn't sure what to make of this. He began to eat a muffin while he thought about it.

"You probably want to tell your friends," urged Qodi. "They'll want to know."

6 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"Quest? Why, I haven't heard of any quests... It sounds interesting though! Y'know, I was something of an adventurer back in my day."

Sequence chuckled to herself and summoned the Plotblade of Conflict in her right hand, which took the form of a fairly regular ornamented broadsword.

"In fact, I won this beauty from an adventure! I had lots of help, of course. The quest allowed me to unlock this as well!"

In the other hand, Sequence summoned her Narrationblade, which took the form of a long, black, curved blade, ornamented heavily with Liespren-like patterns and flowers.

Nogard oohed appreciatively. "What do they do?"

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author wrote a word, and suddenly the discourse below was completely audible among the group.

"Much appreciated."

1 hour ago, Sequence said:

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Finally!" groused Qodi.

"Nice to meet you too, Sequence! Have you come to join our quest?"

1 hour ago, Sequence said:

Zanitar looked at the Blades. "Uh... Didn't you combine those into the same blade a while ago? That's what Platypus said. And can you all quiet down so I can hear what they're talking about? That squirrel looks familiar..."

Just now, Immortal Platypus said:

"Much appreciated."

Zanitar looked at the Blades. "Uh... Didn't you combine those into the same blade a while ago? That's what Platypus said. And can you all quiet down so I can hear what they're talking about? That squirrel looks familiar..."

The OA goes quiet, squinting down at the squirrel.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nogard oohed appreciatively. "What do they do?"

"Well, Conflict can change form to match the power of my opponent, which is pretty neat! Leaves it entirely up to skill." Sequence pauses and furrows her brow. "Y'know on second thought, that might not be that useful..."

11 minutes ago, Immortal Platypus said:

"That was a misunderstanding... Upon obtaining and summoning Conflict, I also unlocked my Narrationblade and summoned them at the same, and due to my author's poor choice of words, many seemed to think I had summoned them together as one weapon and combined them together, when in fact they are separate weapons."

17 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The OA goes quiet, squinting down at the squirrel.

oh no. I forgot about this already :P 

3 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"Well, Conflict can change form to match the power of my opponent, which is pretty neat! Leaves it entirely up to skill." Sequence pauses and furrows her brow. "Y'know on second thought, that might not be that useful..."

"That was a misunderstanding... Upon obtaining and summoning Conflict, I also unlocked my Narrationblade and summoned them at the same, and due to my author's poor choice of words, many seemed to think I had summoned them together as one weapon and combined them together, when in fact they are separate weapons."

"That makes more sense. Platypus was trying to figure out how you did that. I'm sure it's a relief to him to know that that's not what happened."

1 minute ago, Immortal Platypus said:

"That makes more sense. Platypus was trying to figure out how you did that. I'm sure it's a relief to him to know that that's not what happened."

"Yeah, my apologies. Sorry Platypus!" Sequence calls out into the void.