The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yrank shifted position slightly, revealing the person standing behind him (trying very hard to become invisible through sheer force of will.) Nogard gasped. Erif was here? More than that- he was getting arrested!

Nogard made a snap decision. "Shoe! We're breaking these people out of confinement! Fire the muffins!"

Muffins soared through the air like bullets. They went the same speed as bullets, too.

9 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Muffins soared through the air like bullets. They went the same speed as bullets, too.

Tull caught one. He nibbled on it whilst he followed the group with the insane gibberish speak woman.

Jilu gave Tull a strange look as he followed her.

31 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Tull caught one. He nibbled on it whilst he followed the group with the insane gibberish speak woman.

Jilu gave Tull a strange look as he followed her.

I don't think you can follow them yet :P I think you have to fight your way free of @NameIess's Brave Adventurers.

Nogard leapt from the balcony, summoning the spear of Instakans. It crackled with lightning as he fell.

Come on, he thought, mentally urging it to do something. 

8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I don't think you can follow them yet :P I think you have to fight your way free of @NameIess's Brave Adventurers.

Nogard leapt from the balcony, summoning the spear of Instakans. It crackled with lightning as he fell.

Come on, he thought, mentally urging it to do something. 

I used my steel pushing that I was using to see u guys to go ver all of em.

Tull stared at the weapon.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yrank shifted position slightly, revealing the person standing behind him (trying very hard to become invisible through sheer force of will.) Nogard gasped. Erif was here? More than that- he was getting arrested!

Nogard made a snap decision. "Shoe! We're breaking these people out of confinement! Fire the muffins!"

Why did I invite them on this quest. These are the brave adventurers, fighting them is a stupid idea.

Zanitar dove through the air, wings coming out as he cut the muffins out of the air, stopping all but the one Tull had grabbed.

"Are you two idiots?" he hissed at them. "This is the council of the brave adventurers! We can't fight them! We can go save the people getting arrested after they get arrested by infiltrating the dungeons, but there is a 99.9 repeating % chance we lose a head to head fight."

Then Zanitar looked to his left as one last muffin flew past him.

Oh, scud.

3 hours ago, Immortal Platypus said:

"I don't think that's quite what's going on," Zanitar says, not taking his eyes off the meeting. "It seems like they're talking about the Great Wizard! And... accusing him of treason?! What? Something about Plotblades. Platypus is not gonna be happy with that Council if they bother his squirrel. And I don't trust that Brave Adventurer. He's got a shifty vibe to him."

Zanitar provides everyone with a play-by-play, forgetting that they can hear it too.

"Hey, OA, does your magic let you know what they were talking about before we got here? Or do something to let us hear it? Is that possible?"

@Ancient Elantrian

If this is too belated, ignore it

The OA carefully wrote in the air. "Time is hard... hold on..." He pushed the words against the stone, and a soft whisper came out of it, repeating the past of the conversation.

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Really?" asked Nogard with fascination as the group passed through the portal. "You'll have to show us!"

@The Halcyon Girl and @Scars of Hathsin also.

The group emerged into a shadowed recess with a prime vantage point to observe the currently ongoing arrests. 

Waiting there for them was Qodi.

As soon as the final member stepped through, she began chattering in Rabbit.

Yeah ik this was like three pages ago but 

"QODI!" Gail shrieked, then dashed to her rabbit and scooped her up. "Thank the SCUDDING STARS, I thought you were GONE FOREVER." She started to sob hysterically. The placid bunny just snuffled her cheek and licked up her tears.

Gail's golden tears. 

4 minutes ago, Immortal Platypus said:

Why did I invite them on this quest. These are the brave adventurers, fighting them is a stupid idea.

Zanitar dove through the air, wings coming out as he cut the muffins out of the air, stopping all but the one Tull had grabbed.

"Are you two idiots?" he hissed at them. "This is the council of the brave adventurers! We can't fight them! We can go save the people getting arrested after they get arrested by infiltrating the dungeons, but there is a 99.9 repeating % chance we lose a head to head fight."

Then Zanitar looked to his left as one last muffin flew past him.

Oh, scud.

Gail got herself under control after a minute (or...  well, let's just say a long time). "Why are we fighting?"

26 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Yeah ik this was like three pages ago but 

"QODI!" Gail shrieked, then dashed to her rabbit and scooped her up. "Thank the SCUDDING STARS, I thought you were GONE FOREVER." She started to sob hysterically. The placid bunny just snuffled her cheek and licked up her tears.

Gail's golden tears. 

Gail got herself under control after a minute (or...  well, let's just say a long time). "Why are we fighting?"

"We're trying to help those people escape!" declared Nogard. "Sequence, Arranis, now would be a good time to use those weapons of yours!"

@Sequence @Scars of Hathsin

Edited by xinoehp512

Arranis thrusts his hand out to the side, slivers of materials, seemingly sliding out of the air, forming into a sword, that looked different for every person, and seemed to change, fluidly. Bulges form underneath Arranis's skin, shifting and bubbling, wanting to break through. He smiles, his face bulging somewhat. "Who wants some?"

On 10/6/2024 at 11:08 PM, NameIess said:

"Very well. But before we go inside, let me show you something." ... pointed to a random person walking by on the street. "Tell me, what do you see when you look at that man?"

--

The Honorable Judge gazed authoritatively at the sorry group of accidental spies "I'm afraid we can't get you a lawyer, unless you'd accept one from our organization. Sorry. Secret society rules and all. But do not worry, your trial will be as fair as it can be, under the circumstances."

The Brave Adventurer snorted, dropping the now-visible rabbit into a cage held by an aide. "I find their stories ridiculous! Of course they know who the Great Wizard is! They're obviously spies for him, perhaps even assassins! And if you think I'll just tell you what the Plotblades are... well, I am not fool enough for that." He looked around the room again, then frowned. Not when that knowledge could be traced back to me, at least. "Still... Perhaps a little information would be appropriate. The members of our organization must have some idea of what they are looking for, if they are to find it before anyone else. Very well. These Plotblades... they are linked in a way very few are. They empower individuals in very different, but similar ways. If two people found and wielded them, then one or both of them would inevitably be destroyed by the other, but not until TLT was a ruin." He stared directly at the squirrel. "Does that satisfy your curiosity? Now, off to the dungeons with them! We must discuss our actions toward the Great Wizard, and have no time to dwell on the punishment of his lackeys."

Brave adventurers approached the group warily, holding enchanted chains. "Please don't make this any harder than it has to be," one said, holding a spear in a firm grip. "Resist, and you'll only strengthen the case against you."

@Immortal Platypus@SpiritOfWrath@The H

A whisper entered Platypus's mind. Seek out Omen. He will guide you.

7 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

How are los peopleses restrained 

any iron or anything 

I… wasn’t paying attention… 

Enchanted chains, it sounds like.

13 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Hmm 

Gail knelt, set Qodi down, and whispered in her ear. 

Qodi did nothing. Gail frowned. That was… weird. 

“Come on,” she prodded. “Come on, do something cool.” 

Qodi nibbled at the grass. 

Shoe nodded to Qodi. Do something, he seemed to say.