The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

AJ grinned as Nightwielder tumbled past him into the portal, straight upward to the open sky. Where there would be sunlight. He quickly followed through and stared the epic straight down as he fired an enormous spray of bullets at the man's heart. Then, sparing enough time to watch the contact, he teleported back down to the ground as the mist of darkness dispersed.

He smashed into the grassy ground. His portals didn't exactly slow down momentum. He felt a few fingers break and wounds he previously thought to have stopped bleeding force themselves open again. He grunted, tears coming to his eyes, as he forced himself to his feet pressing forward. Behind him lay three corpses of epics that had gotten in his way. A fatal mistake. 

He hopped through a series of portals, approaching the cell. He arrived and examined the building. Storms, he thought. No windows. On a normal day, he would be thrilled as it allowed him to improvise. But now... with her inside...

AJ swapped out the clip in his gun, and fired a small bolt of plasma into the wall, sending dust tumbling down the side. He smiled and teleported through the hole he had created. And to his great sorrow, he saw Thought bleeding on the floor, with a long spike through her neck, and bones twisted in unnatural positions.

"No," AJ said, voice grim. "No, no, no!" He rushed to her side, then looked up to see an inquisitor standing there. He shot a glare at him and then created a portal beneath him, sending him outside. Then, a larger one beneath him sending him 5 miles away. That should hold him for half an hour at least.

"Thought, please, wake up!" He shouted, shaking her.

It didn't hit her all at once. Who was shaking her? Her wrist ached. There was blood on her neck. It had seeped into her hair. And there was a spike there. She didn't care. She didn't care about anything. She groaned. "Let go of me," she said. Her voice was broken from sobbing so hard.

Xino exploded with rage. Literally.

"It was real!" he screamed. "What are you doing?!!"

He sighed, exasperated. "He actually took you there! He can't take you somewhere that's not real!"

He growled, and snapped his fingers.

Seriously, though. They weren't in the cell anymore.

------

Tom Joebob watched in confusion. This couldn't be AJ. He'd killed AJ, erased his memories, and had him reborn.

Time passed slower in Fantastic's prison. Star had lost more than thirty years while she had been locked in there, but of course she didn't know that.

This was an impostor. And if Tom wasn't careful, he would steal her away. What for, he didn't know, but he doubted he would see her again.

He stood up and hissed. "Go away, impostor. I see your lies for what they are."

Edited by xinoehp512

I have big plans, but not a big amount of time. I’ll post again later.

A gaping crack suddenly split the sky of the void, letting the light bleed into the natural darkness. “What...” Jaywalk said. “Bozo, we have a problem.”

Thanks for all the compliments y'all! This is why I'm obsessed with Thought.

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Xino exploded with rage. Literally.

"It was real!" he screamed. "What are you doing?!!"

He sighed, exasperated. "He actually took you there! He can't take you somewhere that's not real!"

He growled, and snapped his fingers.

Seriously, though. They weren't in the cell anymore.

Then where are they?

On another note, Bean won't be back for 12 hours. We're planning stuff though. This'll be good. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

That would be a good idea. What kind of side-story were you thinking?

Hmm... can it be something completely random and ridiculous or should I try and stick to the current tone?

I like what we have going so far. And besides, I don't want to have to write some "Previously on TLT" crap. Though that might be kinda funny.

And as for side-story ideas, it looks like Jaywalk has something pretty cool planned.

Edited by Shard of Thought

28 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Thanks for all the compliments y'all! This is why I'm obsessed with Thought.

Then where are they?

On another note, Bean won't be back for 12 hours. We're planning stuff though. This'll be good. 

Xino grunted, perplexed. "They're outside of AJ's suburban house, of course. Tom took them there with a Portal Key."

Are you doing something between you you aren't telling me about?

Edited by xinoehp512