The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Granite sat in silence for a while, looking at Sophie who had now taken her hand off of Xinoehp's leg, fingers clasped together in her lap. Her hair blew in an unseen wind, covering her blue face. What's their relationship, I wonder... he thought. "So..." he said. "What now?"

7 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Granite sat in silence for a while, looking at Sophie who had now taken her hand off of Xinoehp's leg, fingers clasped together in her lap. Her hair blew in an unseen wind, covering her blue face. What's their relationship, I wonder... he thought. "So..." he said. "What now?"

Michael exhaled. "At the risk of sounding cliche, I have some favorable and some unfavorable news."

Michael sighed. "Bad news first. The Witherlord has escaped- hurt, yes, and weak, but alive. While the thread has been purged of darkness for now, it will slowly return- and our main chance of stopping it, the Spear of Light, has been all but destroyed."

Sophie perked up, hair moving around aimlessly. "The good news better be fantastic," she said. 

From over to the side, there could be heard a pounding and muted shriek. Astral was pounding on the walls of her forcefield. "Sophie, let me out of here!" she yelled from inside of her prison.

Sophie blushed, letting the forcefield melt away. "Sorry..." she muttered. 

Astral got up and dusted off her long silken skirt with grey hands. "Much better," she said. "I-" She paused as she looked at Granite. She smiled with pointed teeth and Granite paled, getting up from his chair. 

"That's... that's..." 

"Astral, I know," Sophie said. "She's been helping us, it's okay."

"Besides, dear," she said. "You shouldn't be afraid of your own mother."

"You are not my mother," Granite said tightly.

"I'm part of her."

12 hours ago, FatherTiempo said:

FT returned to sanity with unfettered glory. He gave Sophie an interdimensional glare. He was pretty sure that time distortion had given him a cold. He blew his nose. "Alright, you, Rutabaga. Damage report, and what is that evil blackness spreading throughout the thread, devouring light, sunshine , and all things good and lovely?"

"Actually, that's the licorice." Nameless grimly replied. "Everyone knows that the better a candy tastes, the stronger it is, so... lets just say I kinda wish it was withergeists."

In the deepest reaches of the Void, a new Narrator was taking shape. His skin was scattered with stars, its color a blue and purple darkness. His mind intersected multiple dimensions, spreading out across time and space.

Narrator Nebula opened his eyes and grimaced. “Licorice, really? That stuff is nasty.”

14 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Sophie perked up, hair moving around aimlessly. "The good news better be fantastic," she said. 

From over to the side, there could be heard a pounding and muted shriek. Astral was pounding on the walls of her forcefield. "Sophie, let me out of here!" she yelled from inside of her prison.

Sophie blushed, letting the forcefield melt away. "Sorry..." she muttered. 

Astral got up and dusted off her long silken skirt with grey hands. "Much better," she said. "I-" She paused as she looked at Granite. She smiled with pointed teeth and Granite paled, getting up from his chair. 

"That's... that's..." 

"Astral, I know," Sophie said. "She's been helping us, it's okay."

"Besides, dear," she said. "You shouldn't be afraid of your own mother."

"You are not my mother," Granite said tightly.

"I'm part of her."

Michael coughed. "On the plus side," he continued, "we aren't dead yet. It could take a long time for the darkness to return, given the damage that was done to the Witherlord. The spear might be destroyed, but," he smiled, "I know how to make a new one. And finally..."

With a wave of his hand, a spear of ice with veins of darkness running through it appeared.

"The spear of Light is almost gone," said Michael, "but there should be enough for one last task."

39 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Xinoehp perked up slightly.

"The one and only," said Michael, grinning.

Sophie grinned. "Oh, that's amazing! Is he okay? I haven't see him in so long..."

"Uh... what's Trewee?"

"He's a watersprite," Sophie explained. "That spear that Michael just summoned to his hand. That's Trewee. He's... he's been sick recent. Poor little thing."

50 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Oh, oh, are you gonna heal him?" Sophie said. She seemed to have lost some of her energy from earlier. 

Xinoehp stood up, hands trembling, and brought the two spears together.

There was a blinding flash of light.

Xinoehp was left standing with just Trewee... but the black veins were gone.

A smile flashed on his face for the first time in a long, long while.

Godmodding in plot is unrecognized due to Sophie's forcefield. This forcefield is an attempt to more fully separate plot and randomness. Thank you. This has been a message by TVG.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Xinoehp stood up, hands trembling, and brought the two spears together.

There was a blinding flash of light.

Xinoehp was left standing with just Trewee... but the black veins were gone.

A smile flashed on his face for the first time in a long, long while.

"Wait... so are you saying that Trewee can somehow defeat the Witherlord?" Sophie asked. 

Trewee melted in Xino's hand, back into his true form. The sprite was a little dazed by mostly okay. He chittered tiredly. 

"Woah..." Granite remarked.