True Firstimer

Lunarhade

Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself as that seems to be the decorum. I'm a nerd, gamer, reader, and writer, so precisely the 17th Shard's demographic. I apologize in advance if I come across... let's say clunky. As the Title suggests, I am a true beginner at basically anything resembling this. I've never used the internet to connect with people (one of its proclaimed most popular applications). I find most corners of the internet disagreeable. However, I have been a big fan of the Cosmere for a few years now and I thought if I were to dip my toe into somewhere, it would be here: with people who hopefully share my interests. I hope to share and discuss with fellow fans on here. I'm particularly interested in talking about writing. I often find myself having to explain to people what I'm going for when I write epic fantasy (even more specifically when I tell them about Hard Magic systems), so I'm hoping it'll be a breath of fresh air to have discussions with a shared foundation such as Brandon's work.
Anyway, I ramble. 

Greetings to all,

Lunarhade

Hi ElephantEarwax, 

I would love to be inducted cult style
"My life to yours, my Breath become yours." (I always knew I'd sell my soul for a cookie).

As for my favourite character. I don't know if I can say an overall character in all the Cosmere. There is a soft spot in my heart for Breeze so I'll go with that.

I see EE has started being more subtle with his cookies.

Welcome to the Shard! You'll fit right in. We have some writing groups on this site that would probably love to talk with you about your writing. What's your favourite book Lunarhade? 

Archer, that's the hope,

My favourite book has to be either Mistborn because it was my first, or Oathbringer because Stormlight keeps getting better with age.

Faceless Mist-Wraith, good question.

I have read pretty much everything in the Cosmere except I haven't finished White Sand. Brandon's work taught me the kind of writing I want to strive for which means for research purposes I've read as much as I could. I've also read some of his non-Cosmere work, like Reckoners series

Also, to all of you, thank you for a warm welcome. 

10 minutes ago, Argent said:

Hey, welcome! 

Hope you like the place, and if you find anything unsavory, feel free to flag down a mod. Those banhammers are just gathering dust these days...

Is that a bad thing?