Idea: The Spark of Imagination

Kaj

Will you participate?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate?

• Yes
    • No

Basically, it is a place for people to exercise their creativity and find connections to the source of inspiration. For me, it's things like writing and graphic design. For others, it could be animations, music, art, anything that can be posted. It's an opportunity to share what they have done while exploring the connections. My purpose is to show things the way I see and feel them. For example, the feelings and thoughts as well as the images that come to mind when I listen to a song. Or take a small piece from a dream and build it into something else (I plan to share some of those as well.) All in all, it's an effort to take a spark of inspiration/creativity/imagination and stoke it into flames.

Sort of. That's part of it. The other part is the exercise of creativity. Like with the songs that inspired me. It gives others an opportunity to see and feel how I feel. An example of the analysis for Paralyzed. Looking back on it, the reasons that that song hit me the way it did was because of things like the situation I was in when I first heard it (I had been basically isolated from most of my family and friends), the loyalty I felt towards and reliance on my friends, as well as the mood swings from hormones raging through my body (puberty). Along with that, it helped me realize that if you really were emotionless, you wouldn't care that you were that way. The true mood painted by this song is the realization that you should be feeling one way, but you aren't. You realize that you know you should feel an emotion and that causes you to panic, which in turn causes a strong feeling of desperation. And that wedges you between a state of panic and desperation and apathy.

The whole point is that it was powerful enough to inspire you to do something, and this is one place you can share it (as if there aren't enough of those already) and analyze and learn from that source through not only your perspective but others as well (something that there aren't enough opportunities to do).