Suggestions

Flora

Hello. I’m relatively new to Brandon Sanderson’s books. Just this past week I read the Mistborn Trilogy, and that’s all I’ve read so far.  Anyway, since I’ve just finished those books I’m unsure where to head next. Any ideas? (I also have no clue how to use this website, but that’s unrelated) 

Welcome to the forums!
Can I interest you in a welcome cookie?

As for what to read next, there's a few options but the safest would probably be to read Alloy of Law and the other Wax and Wayne books.
They're set in Scadrial (The Mistborn planet) a few hundred years after the events of the Mistborn trilogy.

Otherwise I'd recommend Elantris or Warbreaker if you're interested in mixing it up with a different world. They're both stand alone novels so it's not a huge commitment, but they're both amazing.

Or if you're feeling particularly adventurous you could try the Stormlight Archive, Brandon's big, epic series.

In your position I'd probably next read Warbreaker, Elantris and Emperors Soul . As @Voidus said above, if you're feeling particularly adventurous you could always start The Stormlight Archive next, beginning with Way of Kings. It's pretty heavy on the world building and you might enjoy it more if you are more familiar with Brandon's writing. 

When you start Mistborn Era 2 next then be sure to read Bands of Mourning before Secret History.

Most importantly, enjoy the wild ride :) 

13 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Don't accept this cookie by the way. I see you've finished Mistborn, do you remember hemalurgy? What gives the Inquisitors their powers? Yeah, there's hemalurgic spikes in those cookies. He wants to steal your soul, basically.

Just now, Leyrann said:

Don't accept this cookie by the way. I see you've finished Mistborn, do you remember hemalurgy? What gives the Inquisitors their powers? Yeah, there's hemalurgic spikes in those cookies. He wants to steal your soul, basically.

Why do people always think that? I've stated numerous times that these are usually for giving powers not stealing them.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

Why do people always think that? I've stated numerous times that these are usually for giving powers not stealing them.

Even then, it means taking away control. We've seen numerous times that spiked people are vulnerable to outside control.

On top of that, hemalurgy has a price: It costs a life. And that is a horrible price to pay for a power, one that is never worth paying.

39 minutes ago, Voidus said:

No matter the hermalurgic properties, I must decline due to being allergic to a main cookie ingrediant. 

Otherwise, thank you for the book suggestions.

Ah well, hope you can enjoy the books then. :)
(And if you're having trouble finding anything on the forums feel free to let me know. Or pretty much anyone would probably be happy to help you out. :D)

EDIT: @Leyrann, @The Forgetful Archivist getting a bit sidetracked for an intro topic here, can we move to another thread or leave it there?

Welcome @Flora and have an upvote!!

We like to greet each other here by saying "My life to yours, my breath become yours" you should try it! you say it to me first!

As for books, i would finish mistborn off, and go into Elantris or Warbreaker. 

I would leave Stormlight Archives alone till last. (It has easter eggs in it you will catch if you read the other books first)

1 hour ago, Niteshado said:

We like to greet each other here by saying "My life to yours, my breath become yours" you should try it! you say it to me first!

Another of those things you shouldn't trust.

You haven't read Warbreaker yet, have you?

Yeah, if you say that you basically give away your life essence.

In my opinion, the BEST of his other writing is the Stormlight Archive - The Way of Kings, Words of Radiance, Edgedancer (short story) and Oathbringer.  Such wonderful long books full of awesome.  The downside to it is it's not completed, and it'll be a while.  It's set to be a 10 book series with two 5-book arcs.

Elantris and Warbreaker are two other books set in the same universe.  It's not a bad idea to read Warbreaker before Stormlight, for inter-book references.  But IMO these stories are not as gripping to read.

Others have mentioned the second Mistborn series.  It is also really good.  It isn't complete, but the final book is due next year...so if you're still in a Mistborn kinda mood, go with that!

There's also Arcanum Unbounded - a collection of short stories set in the Cosmere.  Some are stand-alone, some are attached to novels.  There are a couple of stories you shouldn't read until you've read the relevant novel.

Edited by Snorkel