Tournament: Cosmere Character Roast Battles

3 hours ago, stormform wert said:

have decided to be eshonai, and taking a wild guess and say the silbing wants to be the sibling.

That was a very accurate wild guess, especially considering I already said that earlier in this forum :) 

9 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

This list will be kept updated as more people join, please advertise for this so it doesn't just flop!!

We might have to do smaller games than 16 people because I don't think that many will join. Maybe I should add this to my signature. We need to get the word out, so maybe also status updates?

2 hours ago, The Sibling said:

That was a very accurate wild guess, especially considering I already said that earlier in this forum :) 

We might have to do smaller games than 16 people because I don't think that many will join. Maybe I should add this to my signature. We need to get the word out, so maybe also status updates?

Already did an SU, mentioned the probably less than 16 people thing

And sorry I didn't look back very far for who people wanted to be -_-

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

And sorry I didn't look back very far for who people wanted to be -_-

I know. I said that a really long time ago so it’s all good. I was just saying to wert that it probably wasn’t that hard for them to guess.

Oh, sure!! I'll compete as...hm. I was Spook last time I did this, so I probably should pick a character I'm not as practiced writing as...

I'll be Elend, I guess.

Edited by DramaQueen

For this round, we currently have:

@stormform wert as Eshonai

@SymphonianBookworm as Lightsong

@yeshevishman as Adolin

@DramaQueen as Elend

@The Sibling as The Sibling

And @Channelknight Fadran as Wayne!

This list will be kept updated as more people join, please advertise for this so it doesn't just flop!!

Spoiler

Lol just copied and pasted Queen’s

I will do my best to get this working, I promise. Thanks to everyone who has joined so far!

Edited by TheAlpha929

Perfect!

By a random number generator, the first three competitors are… @stormform wert as Eshonai! @The Sibling as The Sibling! And last but not least, @Channelknight Fadran as Wayne!

I’m going to start the first submission round of the revived Roast Battle at 8:00 EST (or whatever eastern is on rn)!

(thx for joining Fadran)

Edited by TheAlpha929

10 minutes ago, yeshevishman said:

Wait, does it work with three people? I don't think I understand these bracket.

So, for example, wert will roast Fadran and Sibling, and they will also roast him. So instead of roasting three people they will roast two. The we’ll go straight to the winners. Hopefully in the next round we’ll do it with 16. Kolo?

2 minutes ago, TheAlpha929 said:

So, for example, wert will roast Fadran and Sibling, and they will also roast him. So instead of roasting three people they will roast two. The we’ll go straight to the winners. Hopefully in the next round we’ll do it with 16. Kolo?

It's really difficult to write when focused on two people.  It honestly doesn't sound like it will work well.  I think if we want to do a "group of three" do two separate battles with each person to give each battle the focus it deserves.  

1 minute ago, yeshevishman said:

It's really difficult to write when focused on two people.  It honestly doesn't sound like it will work well.  I think if we want to do a "group of three" do two separate battles with each person to give each battle the focus it deserves.  

I mean, didn't it used to be focusing on three other people?

I don't see how this is different. I think that it should be fine.

5 minutes ago, yeshevishman said:

That’s what you do if you win your first battle. I would recommend reading the rules on page 1