Tournament: Cosmere Character Roast Battles

On 9/11/2018 at 0:52 PM, Ashspren said:

All right everyone, here’s the last voting link for Tournament 2! 

https://goo.gl/forms/0QmN1kSyE4Z8OeP93

Quick reminder for anyone who did not participate in Tournament 2: this is your LAST CHANCE to reserve a spot for Tournament 3! 

Okay, now... good luck to both of the competitors. Both of your raps were amazing! 

VOTE VOTE VOTE! May the best competitor win!

Reserving a spot.

As.

Szeth. 

@Ashspren

Edited by BitBitio

And the winner of the second tournament is...  

@Archer, representing Allomancer Jak! 

Congratulations, Archer! Your raps were incredible. I especially loved Handerwyrm’s annotations. 

Thanks to everyone who participated in this round! All of your raps were incredible, and all of you are the ones who make this possible. :D

I will release the official statement starting signups for Tournament 3 in 24 hours or less.

Congrats @Archer! I confess that I’m not the least bit sad that we never faced each other directly. ;) 

Thanks @Ashspren for running this and props to all the other contestants this time around. Allomancer Jak may have won but there wasn’t a single dull rap this tournament!

Back at you, @Edgedancer Jak! It was my pleasure and honour to face off against you. I loved how in-character you got. It was a great finale! 

Shout-out to everyone who roasted (and allowed themselves to be roasted)! Not only did everyone create great submissions, but you all were super gracious and supporting. Self inflicted back-pats all around! @Herowannabe I'll admit I was a tiny bit disappointed that I didn't get to roast Stick, but the best pun I'd come up with was calling him 'short staff-ed', so maybe it's for the best. :D

Thank you to everyone who voted for me. And of course, special thanks goes out to @Ashspren for putting this all together. This whole thing was a fantastic idea, and I've had a lot of fun participating. All the upvotes! 

I look forward to watching how the next tournament goes! 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Shout-out to everyone who roasted (and allowed themselves to be roasted)! Not only did everyone create great submissions, but you all were super gracious and supporting. Self inflicted back-pats all around! @Herowannabe I'll admit I was a tiny bit disappointed that I didn't get to roast Stick, but the best pun I'd come up with was calling him 'short staff-ed', so maybe it's for the best. :D

Ha ha! :lol: 

I had even started brainstorming a few lines when it looked like I might be facing Jak. Now that it’s over I might as well share them: 

Spoiler

Extra extra read all about it

Jak’s about to get beat,

you better not doubt it

Just 2 clips to read his defeat

Your a loser, a joke

Don’t believe me? Just ask

That terrisman bloke

Or that hot Koloss lass

You’re just propaganda made to please the masses

You’re only there to make cash for corporate This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the ruleses.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

And of course, special thanks goes out to @Ashspren for putting this all together. This whole thing was a fantastic idea, and I've had a lot of fun participating. All the upvotes! 

Thank you, Archer, along with everyone else, for participating and making this possible! As I’ve mentioned before, I was struggling to get enough people for Tournament 1, and now I have people who have reserved spots for Tournament 3. This is honestly incredible, and I’m so glad that everyone is enjoying it! 

When I get some time, I will update the Roast Archive for Tournament 2. 

~~~ 

Speaking of, now is the time to enter for Tournament 3! Please post which character you will be representing. 

We will have two new rules this round: 

1.  Any characters that have been used by Roast Battle Champions shall henceforth be retired. Therefore, nobody is allowed to do Spook (@Zath) or Allomancer Jak (@Archer). 

2.  If we are in the face of a tie, the two people who tied will have up to 8 lines to roast the other person. These mini-roasts, plus the actual raps themselves, will determine the winner of that round. 

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them on the thread, or PM me. 

~~~ 

Reserved List: 

@Spacefaring Ferring

@Julio

@Silva

@Kidpen

@BitBitio

Let the sign-ups begin! :D

Edited by Ashspren

18 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Hide contents

You’re only there to make cash for corporate This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the ruleses.

You know I honestly can't tell if you tried to use asterisks or if you misspelled ruleset or something and it was a joke. Guessing the first though. 

2 hours ago, Kidpen said:

You know I honestly can't tell if you tried to use asterisks or if you misspelled ruleset or something and it was a joke. Guessing the first though. 

Whoops! Yeah it was the asterisks thing. My bad! :unsure:

@Ashspren I’d like to sign up for round 3 as Human (the Koloss) please!  B)

I’ll go for Hoid.

Just saying, I can’t write anything over Wednesday next week or Monday and Tuesday the week after or Saturdays because of religious stuff, but I work fast so as long as I have a few hours I can work it out. You have been warned.

Edited by Silva

3 hours ago, Kidpen said:

I get to choose my character?!?! 

I have no idea what to choose.

Shallan might be cool. You could rap as her different personas.

Or maybe Vasher, and have Nightblood do a guest rap.

Ooh, or you could do Sylphrena. I don’t have anything extra for this one, but Syl’s cool enough anyway. ;)

Just some ideas.

Oh and @Ashspren, you might want to update the first post with the pinch hitter stuff.

Edited by Rebecca