Zombie Survival Guide: Investiture Edition

By the way, would Returned be affected by zombie bites? They are, after all, immune to diseases ordinary humans suffer. If they were immune to zombie bites, I would become a Returned. I wouldn't have to eat (except for the Breath a week. Maybe I could do what Vasher did), and I also would have super strength.

I believe Returned would be immune to zombie bites as long as they think they should be immune. A lot of what Returned do has to do with their Cognitive perception of themselves.

As for getting a Breath per week? Easy... desperate people on the roads, willing to do anything for food and protection? I'm sure plenty of them could be persuaded to give up their breaths. [maniacal laugh]

Of course, one wonders if the zombie apocalypse couldn't be caused by Returned. Similar concepts, right? Maybe zombies are what happens if Endowment merges with Ruin.

No, somebody just to weaponize Nightblood bombs. Throw them out, they autoattatch and begin sucking breath from the area to fuel the command "Make goldfish".

:D

I nearly spat out my drink from reading this!

Why goldfish, I must ask? The food or the organism?

:D

I nearly spat out my drink from reading this!

Why goldfish, I must ask? The food or the organism?

Instead of being so cheerfully insistent on killing evil, Nightblood would sing the theme song from the commercials that is still seared into my brain:

"I love Goldfishes because they're soooo delicous!  Gott's gold fish-es!"

Or make them worse...

I'm working on setting this up using the MAG's baseline. Zombies prowl the ash-filled world, and the player count determines their strength, speed, and endurance. Periodically, after a set number of turns, a die will be rolled to determine if a Highstorm arrives, and event that will probably do something to the zombies, I have no idea. The game has no actual way to win, and is played for a highscore of kills and survival time. So far the beta runs have led to either infinite survival, or very, very quick and brutal deaths by Stormform zombies.

Or make them worse...

I'm working on setting this up using the MAG's baseline. Zombies prowl the ash-filled world, and the player count determines their strength, speed, and endurance. Periodically, after a set number of turns, a die will be rolled to determine if a Highstorm arrives, and event that will probably do something to the zombies, I have no idea. The game has no actual way to win, and is played for a highscore of kills and survival time. So far the beta runs have led to either infinite survival, or very, very quick and brutal deaths by Stormform zombies.

Sadly I do not own the Adventure Game, and I've been unable to find any rules explanations. But I love the idea of that, and I'm interested in seeing highscores and best survival times from people. :D

Also, Stormform zombies? My soul exploded into a billion splinters due to the sheer awesomeness of that concept.

• Chaos locked this topic