Tyn?

Dihatimus

I know he acknowledged wit was his master. He referred to the one that he didnt kill was why he was in the bridge crew... Or something like that. I listen to audiobooks so hard to look up.

If i recall correctly tyn said she had another apprentice. And mraise was surprised veil was her new one considering what happened with si... Having listened to it i do not know how that was all worded or spelled. Am I all wet on that?

Out of curiosity do we know who it was suggested that Sigzil tried to kill? Did he say he tried to kill his master, or is this speculation? I can see a lot of people wanting to kill Hoid/Wit, but Sigzil? Doesn't seem right!

“And if some of us are murderers?” Sigzil asked quietly.

“Then I’m in good company,” Kaladin said. “If it was a lighteyes you killed, then I might buy you a drink.”

“Not a lighteyes,” Sigzil said. “And he is not dead.”

“Then you’re not a murderer,” Kaladin said.

“Not for want of trying.” Sigzil’s eyes grew distant. “I thought for certain I had succeeded. It was not the wisest choice I made. My master…” He trailed off.

“Is he the one you tried to kill?”

“No.”

So it was a darkeyed male that Sigzil tried to kill and failed, which seems to rule out Tyn, unless 'he' is being used in a gender-neutral manner. The relevant passage for Tyn's side:

Another one, Tyn? the reed wrote. After what happened with Si?

which does seem suspiciously close to 'Sigzil'. Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot of plot-relevant darkeyed males at this point, barring bridgemen (and excluding Kaladin flashbacks).

• 4 weeks later...

Hahaha i was looking for quotes but i scrolled down and they have already been posted! Love this site :)

Another one, Tyn? the reed wrote. After what happened with Si?

I think their name is just Si, it doesn't trail off makes me think their name is just Si.

I am really interested in all the Bridge mens pasts! Sigzil knows the truth of Hoid i think when Rock was telling this story in the tavern...

• Chaos locked this topic