City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

2 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

"Fight me. Choose a champion and fight me. I don't trust you guys so I won't fight you here were there are tons of people to back you up. But fight me."

“Dibs!” Devaan called he withdrew and let Hellbent take over after noticing the strange looks he was being given.

Max looked at Sebastian’s dead body and blinked, then saw Althea leaning on a wall. He jogged over to her and stood next to her, in case she needed another support to lean on. “I think it’s over,” he said. “Do you need a healer?”

*^*

“Hey man, don’t just leave, hey!”

Mickey shouted as the armless man walked off. He put a hand to his sweaty forehead, and leaned against the gate, looked to the other two people.

Cameron was drawing some image in the dirt. Probably a crossbow. Cameron was one of those people who only knew one thing, who only lives for one thing. Cameron lived to shoot.

Jarret looked to be flipping a coin, but he could never seem to catch it in midair. He grumbled about something and Mickey suddenly thought of something.

“Jarret?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you storing luck?”

“Yeah.”

“Jarret, what the hell? We’re trying to find Red, we don’t need unluckiness on top of that.”

“Chill, Mickey. We weren’t doing anything, and besides, I used a lot of luck on that spinner to get us here.”

“Well, the reason we’re not going anywhere is because you’re bloody storing luck! Start tapping.”

“Fine.”

And as Jarret started tapping his luck a familiar form travelled from afar and landed in a heap in front of them. Sam.

*^*

Sam was no longe crying, though dried tears on his cheeks still reflected the light. He was covered in minor burns, and was about to collapse from exhaustion. He’d spent hours travelling around, trying to find them. Luckily, he finally had.

“Sam!” Cameron was immediately by his cousin’s side. Usually, the large organisation of the Worldhunters consisted of families, passing down. All of their parents had been gang members, they were too, that meant sometimes gang members were related. Sam and Cameron were cousins, just as Pell and Jarret were brothers.

“What happened or you?” Sam pushed down tears again, he wouldn’t cry in front of the gang. But suddenly, they all looked like concerned big brothers, wondering what had happened to the little one. So, between sniffles, he told them everything, how he found Red, how Pell and Jones were dead, burnt, how he’d barely escaped and the letters that he’d been sent.

“Rust and Ruin,” Mickey mumbled. He stepped back, and sat down, a universal silence flooding the group. Jarret was silent too, though he was shaking slightly and for the first time not smiling. Rubbing his face a bit he took off his hat and placed in front of him, taking off his bandanna. The entire gang did the same.

“They were brave,” Jarret recited and the gang repeated it.

“They were just,” another synched repitition followed.

“And they will be remembered.” The bandits took their hats and bandannas and stood up. When you lived like they did, you realised not even death was an excuse to slow down. Slow down, and you’d end up like your brothers buried six feet under. The pain would stay, but they could deal with it later. Now, they had a target?

“Where’d you say they said Red was going?”

20 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max looked at Sebastian’s dead body and blinked, then saw Althea leaning on a wall. He jogged over to her and stood next to her, in case she needed another support to lean on. “I think it’s over,” he said. “Do you need a healer?”

Althea reached out for him, touched his coat, his arm. He was here, he was real.

"No."

Tiredly she shook her head.

"Give me a moment and the wounds will be gone."

With a sigh she closed her eyes for a moment, then forced them open again.

"Can you go on with the rioting for a bit longer?"

She asked quietly.

"I'm not sure if I'll be able to function without. I used too much stormlight, before this even started, two fights is two too many for me."

27 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Aleva floated down onto the rooftop, filling her zincmind. “I’m here, Benson!” she called, summoning her Sharddagger.

25 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Benson smiled. “It was never fair. It was rigged in my favor.”

Walls began to arise around Hellbent and Benson. “You have a choice to make.” Benson leaned in close and whispered something in his ear.

I apologize, but neither is physically possible. The GBs have defenses in both the CR and the physical realm, so Aleva couldn't get here.

Benson could because they haven't removed his access.

You also couldn't have done that, as the GBs monitor the entire city.