City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

7 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Devaan briefly stepped in as he saw the illusions begin to climb

Two options, he either mixed himself in with the illusion or he’s standing separately, either way, I got this one.

Devaan closed his eyes, a tactic he used when facing opponents when senses couldn’t be trusted, normally he would store his sight until he was blind, but this would work as an alternative, he listened for the sounds of the real Benson, engaging his forcefields and taking out a sterrion revolver, he loaded and cocked it, ready to fire.

I can only input sound at two places. Me and my spren

Two sounds could be heard. One deep in an ally and one farther down the street.

14 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

Two sounds could be heard. One deep in an ally and one farther down the street.

Devaan was quick enough. He fired directly towards both sounds, ignoring the illusions, unloading three rounds to each, he immediately reloaded and opened his eyes

On 27/02/2019 at 6:04 PM, Sorana said:

Althea reached out for him, touched his coat, his arm. He was here, he was real.

"No."

Tiredly she shook her head.

"Give me a moment and the wounds will be gone."

With a sigh she closed her eyes for a moment, then forced them open again.

"Can you go on with the rioting for a bit longer?"

She asked quietly.

"I'm not sure if I'll be able to function without. I used too much stormlight, before this even started, two fights is two too many for me."

“Of course,” Max said and touched her shoulder. Focusing he Rioted focus, alertness and a little bit of comfort, for her.

“If you want to get out of here, we could probably use the gate while those two are fighting. It’s open, for some reason.”

57 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Of course,” Max said and touched her shoulder. Focusing he Rioted focus, alertness and a little bit of comfort, for her.

“If you want to get out of here, we could probably use the gate while those two are fighting. It’s open, for some reason.”

Althea started to lift a hand to his and winced, when pain shot through her shoulder.

"I guess, I might need a healer."

She said weakly and slowly moved her arm to her side, held it close.

"Stupid bullets."

For a moment she stood there tried to sort her thoughts. Exhaustion muddled them, but Max Rioting helped and she nodded.

"I guess we can talk to Hellbent later? We never got to the point where he, or rather they, told us why they called us here."

"I need to close that gate."

She stated, but didn't move. Instead she smiled at him.

"And maybe you shouldn't only teach me how to wield a weapon, but also how to behave. I felt like a child stumbling around."

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

She stated, but didn't move. Instead she smiled at him.

"And maybe you shouldn't only teach me how to wield a weapon, but also how to behave. I felt like a child stumbling around."

Max smiled, almost putting a hand to her shoulder again but stopped because of her reaction. So he instead patted her head lightly.

“You’ll feel better once you learn a weapon,” he said, then looked at her wounds. “And once you get a healer.”

He tried looking for an underling to help them but lots had been cleared from the area. “Maybe we can Elsecall out to wherever you put those civilians, it doesn’t look like there’s a healer here.”

He knew she would probably survive, and had probably gone through worse injuries, but he still felt stabs concern at her wounds, looking at her injured. He took watch, looking around to make sure no surprise attacks occurred from any source.

9 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Devaan was quick enough. He fired directly towards both sounds, ignoring the illusions, unloading three rounds to each, he immediately reloaded and opened his eyes

Benson grunted as a bullet hit his gut. "Rust and Ruin," he cursed under his breath. He dismissed the rest of the illusions, feeling the stormlight inside them flow into him and stitch up his wound. He had instructed Metra to climb no matter what. That's what he would do too. He pressed forward, climbing up.

17 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He tried looking for an underling to help them but lots had been cleared from the area. “Maybe we can Elsecall out to wherever you put those civilians, it doesn’t look like there’s a healer here.”

Althea nodded, realized he probably wouldn't see it and added:

"I simply put them out of here. To the marketplace. And I think I might need a surgeon."

With a grimace she added.

"It's great when your body heals fast, don't get me wrong. But the moment it's bullets or something like that - it's not like the stormlight knows they don't belong in there. And there's definitely one sticking in my shoulder bone."

Althea inhaled more stormlight, thought about going to the hospital, but decided against it. There was a lab close by and some of those working there should be able to do it. Softly she touched his arm with healthy one.

"Ready?"

2 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

Benson grunted as a bullet hit his gut. "Rust and Ruin," he cursed under his breath. He dismissed the rest of the illusions, feeling the stormlight inside them flow into him and stitch up his wound. He had instructed Metra to climb no matter what. That's what he would do too. He pressed forward, climbing up.

Devaan heard faint mutterings as the illusions were dismissed, he saw two figures climbing, one still faintly glowing with stormlight, was that a blood trail? Devaan sighted again, aiming for Benson.

Six gunshots were fired. Four towards the figure that looked to be bleeding, and two towards the other one, climbing up the wall. Devaan immediately reloaded, he had two cartridges of bullets left, that meant twelve more shots.

Edited by Nohadon

Benson watched as deevan pointed his gun at him again. With a huge burst of illumination, he created a blast that melted the four bullets flying towards him. There was a blinding flash and Benson closed his eyes just in time. He sucked back in the stormlight, though it was greatly depleted, from the blast. He also sucked the stormlight from his fake illusion. He pulled himself on the roof and readied himself 

47 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Benson watched as deevan pointed his gun at him again. With a huge burst of illumination, he created a blast that melted the four bullets flying towards him. There was a blinding flash and Benson closed his eyes just in time. He sucked back in the stormlight, though it was greatly depleted, from the blast. He also sucked the stormlight from his fake illusion. He pulled himself on the roof and readied himself 

Weighing in from a physics standpoint, the melted metal wouldn’t lose velocity, nor change direction.

in addition you would have to figure out how to not melt yourself  

2 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Weighing in from a physics standpoint, the melted metal wouldn’t lose velocity, nor change direction.

7 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Wait what? Could you please explain?

Brandon Sanderson has said that Lightweavers can make laser beams. Shallan just hasn't practiced. And if you were to melt a bullet, it would not loose inertia, but it would no longer be cohesive. It would fall apart into smaller pieces that are much more vulnerable to air resistance. They wouldn't go any further.

If this seems unreasonable, I am more than happy to change it.

Just now, beantheboy12 said:

Brandon Sanderson has said that Lightweavers can make laser beams. Shallan just hasn't practiced. And if you were to melt a bullet, it would not loose inertia, but it would no longer be cohesive. It would fall apart into smaller pieces that are much more vulnerable to air resistance. They wouldn't go any further.

If this seems unreasonable, I am more than happy to change it.

I would personally prefer that it be changed, as it seems like something incredibly complex and should probably be reserved for incredibly experienced lightweavers, you have to be able to make the laser, hit the bullets and aim appropriately.

Benson ducked behind the roof. He felt the stormlight give him renewed strength, though with a look at his pouch, he found many of the spheres had gone dun. Rust and Ruin, he should be almost dead by now at least. Right? No. I can't die!

There was a reason we had to use the OP sheet :P

Hellbent grabbed a rope from a nearby building, and tied a knot, using it to grab a chimney. Then he pulled himself up the wall, onto the roof. He looked down on Benson from the top of the chimney. "Tick tock, your time is almost up." His voice echoed. The boy couldn't jump off the back of the roof, the red field was there. He shot, three times. Eight shots left.