City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

3 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Not quite, I said that deflecting bullets with lasers wouldn't work, using them offensively is allowed, as per voidus mod ruling.

I will say that it strains credulity to perfectly aim a bunch of lasers in a pattern that checkmates your opponent right after throwing two knives.

In addition, checkmating your opponent is never good form. 

Besides, you can't kill ronin without Nohadon and Arks permission. Permanently incapacitating him would also be considered bad form.

Agreed, using it offensively is permitted but as we haven't seen any examples in-book I imagine it needs training, time to get it started and concentration. And yeah aiming to checkmate with it is unreasonable. Should probably be kept to one beam at a time.

Benson sucked in more stormlight and held his breath. Just a little longer, he thought. You’ll be safe soon. He jumped away and began to bound around. He stopped to make solid eye contact with Fred for a moment, pleadingly.

@Gancho Libre @Arky-boi

Oh, and FYI, I won’t get mad at you if you kill Benson. I mean, I want him to live, but it’s a little kinda lame that rule, anyone may kill any of my characters at any time. 

Plus, Archer gave me some information about assassination that seems to contradict what you guys said.

Ah, people tend to give up if it's a really good attack and let the character die.

Also, you couldn't jump backwards, remember the field limit.

Hellbent, this time, didn't go after him. He used the communicator. "Fred, that is treason. We will hunt you down and kill you." Then he came towards Benson, within a foot of the man, and fired four times.

6 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Oh, and FYI, I won’t get mad at you if you kill Benson. I mean, I want him to live, but it’s a little kinda lame that rule, anyone may kill any of my characters at any time. 

Plus, Archer gave me some information about assassination that seems to contradict what you guys said.

Assassinations sometimes get treated a little differently, but yeah the point is more that it's considered rude to godmod and state one-sidedly that you've killed someone. But at the same time, dodging every attack and surviving everything that people throw at you is also considered to be a bit rude.
Basically: We want everyone to have fun, so if you're planning on killing someone you might want to PM them first and talk it out, they might be ok with dying but want to make sure it's suitably dramatic, etc.

18 hours ago, Arky-boi said:

Hellbent, this time, didn't go after him. He used the communicator. "Fred, that is treason. We will hunt you down and kill you." Then he came towards Benson, within a foot of the man, and fired four times.

"Uh..." Fred said, frowning. "But... I kinda want two dozen kinds I don't even know to not die..."

He paused. "Couldn't you just, I don't know, stop, maybe? Really, Hellbent. You're ignoring me. I'm serious. I'd just turn it off for a second, to let the Vesuvius guy in, then I'd turn it back on. But I will do it,"

He felt... calm, despite the fact that he was threatening his guild. "I don't care about your threats, Hellbent, but in one minute I'm going to the generator, and I'm going to give it a good kick. End this, Hellbent,"

@Arky-boi @beantheboy12

Benson threw up his hand at the gun and put his hand in front of the gun. A shot fired, and it hit Benson’s hand. He took the pain and forced his hand on the gun. He directed stormlight into it and soulcast the gun to fire. He then stepped back, ready.

Benson heard him speaking these words and panicked. That was his only way of escape! He cursed and sucked in a high amount of stormlight, ran around supernaturally fast, and attacked the comm link as hard as he could with a knife. Making sure that he could change his aim to hit it if Hellbent dodged. "LET THE STORMING KIDS LIVE!!!!" He cried.

3 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

“No!” Benson shouted as he sidestepped the knee. He forced himself out of the grip and stepped back, crying. “Don’t let them die! Take me, but don’t let those children die. Please!”

Devaan snuck in and took control 

“This is Devaan, stop moving and get on the ground first, then I’ll restrain you and leave my katana embedded in you leg so you can’t get stormlight or move, I’ll then investigate this, understand?”

We'll kill him first.

Hellbent spoke. "Hellbent. I am Hellbent. Listen for a second. I'll take your life, but if you want you can save the children. I will require cooperation. Death for you, or death for you and the children. Choose."

He's a traitor. I won't stop until he is dead.

Dammit Hellbent! I have this. He doesn’t need to die.

He can’t die. Silphio granted him asylum in the Canton of Combat, I can restrain him and let him answer for his crimes, but I won’t murder him.

But Devaan said nothing to Benson, deep down he had a feeling that this was a bluff, or orchestrated by Benson, if Hellbent went for the kill, Devaan wouldn’t stop him