Hello All

Tglassy

Hmm...favorite Brandon book.  I'm not going to be able to answer that, lol.  

Favorite non-Brandon book?  I've read so fricken many books, I don't know if I could pick.  Some of my favorite non sanderson book series?  Harry Dresden by Jim Butcher, The Lightbringer Series by Brent Weeks, Legend of Drizzt by R.A. Salvatore (no hate, please).  Many, many others, but that's a good start.

Well, Michael Kramer, obviously.  But as for audiobooks, there's a book by an independent author, T. Ellory Hodges, called The Never Hero that is awesome.  Narrated by Steven Barnett.  He's got two out right now, and both books are fantastic, and very well recorded.

Also An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.  Very good book series, very unique.  

Wax.  And Wayne.  And Steris.  I love all three of them.  Yes, I love Dalimar and Kaladin and Kelsier, but Wax and Wayne are my favorites, and I have a random soft spot for Steris.  

4 hours ago, Tglassy said:

Favorite non-Brandon book?  I've read so fricken many books, I don't know if I could pick.  Some of my favorite non sanderson book series?  Harry Dresden by Jim Butcher, The Lightbringer Series by Brent Weeks, Legend of Drizzt by R.A. Salvatore (no hate, please).  Many, many others, but that's a good start.

Lightbringer is great! And the next one was announced for summer 2019 :wub: And did you also read Jim Butcher's Codex Alera?

Before I forget it ;) : Hello and welcome!

If you could have one of Brandon's types of magic for yourself which one would you choose?

I have!  Codex Alera was fantastic.  It ended wonderfully.  

And that's a very hard question.  

Full on Allomancy is tempting.  Versatile, and easily fueled with few downsides, and I'd love to see how a Mistborn functions with all 16 metals, instead of just 10.  

Full Ferrochemy is also amazing, and probably better for day to day living rather than just "I want to kill everything", because lets be honest, not many of us spend our days killing everything.

For Twinborn, I'd pick Pewter(A)/Gold(F).  Use the Pewter to fuel Gold's healing.  

Then there's surge binding, but without knowing all the Orders, I couldn't tell you which one I feel more drawn to.  Wind running is the fan favorite, but I don't know if I'm the Windrunner type.  Skybreakers, oddly enough, resonate with me (see what I did there?)   But out of the ones revealed, to be honest, is Lightweavers, as I am a writer.  And while flying and destroying things sounds awesome, somehow I think soul casting and illusions would be more helpful for a normal person.  Oh, you served me a salad?  I'm making it a pizza, and there's nothing you can do about it.  

While Breaths are the easiest way to become immortal and never get sick again, I couldn't take people's breaths.  

Sel magic is awesome, but would make me dependent on being in a specific place.  I like to travel.

But then there's the difficulty of fueling the magic.  What's the real world equivalent of Stormlight?  Metal is easy, so it's between Allomancy, Ferrochemy and Pewter/Gold Twinborn.  

I'm going to go with a full Mistborn with a gold/steel southern Scadrian medallion who takes a trip to Roshar and picks up a Cryptic companion.  

Edited by Tglassy