The Chat Thread

Archer

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who’s been in the Wickwillow plot and slowed/waited on me, thanks so much! I’ve got enough of a routine down at home now to post and respond regularly (within 24 hours) so anyone who is waiting for a sign to jump back in, this is it! Your graciousness was very appreciated 

5 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Question for the mods: Does Calamity have a godmetal? and if so, can Balance create it in small amounts? like less than a gram?

Hi there! So, since Reckoners is not Cosmere, no, Calamity would not have a godmetal. Also the ability to just ‘create’ godmetals is not an ability anyone has/can have. It’s just too broken and also devalues such metals in-world if they can be produced by others.

15 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Hi there! So, since Reckoners is not Cosmere, no, Calamity would not have a godmetal. Also the ability to just ‘create’ godmetals is not an ability anyone has/can have. It’s just too broken and also devalues such metals in-world if they can be produced by others.

makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

Another question: would it be possible to change an investiture's state, so like from a Light to a metal? I am mostly wondering what the process would entail in the Alleyverse.

On 12/14/2022 at 3:49 PM, Stormlightsong said:

Thanks for the advice. This would probably take place in that first week then.

On 12/17/2022 at 5:52 PM, Stormlightsong said:

So, @Ookla the Archivist, does that mean Dionysus is excepted into TUBA?

Hey, so sorry about the delay here, I completely blanked on this! Just getting back to being more active on the forums now as I've been super busy but I should have remembered, my bad. I'll pop on over! 

On 1/6/2023 at 11:26 AM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

Another question: would it be possible to change an investiture's state, so like from a Light to a metal? I am mostly wondering what the process would entail in the Alleyverse.

I believe canonically this is possible but we don't know much about how it's done in canon, so I don't know how much we'd want to mess with that. Why are you asking? 

13 hours ago, AonEne said:

Hey, so sorry about the delay here, I completely blanked on this! Just getting back to being more active on the forums now as I've been super busy but I should have remembered, my bad. I'll pop on over! 

I believe canonically this is possible but we don't know much about how it's done in canon, so I don't know how much we'd want to mess with that. Why are you asking? 

possible rumblings for future plots. nothing solid yet.

• 2 months later...

Okay-I’m certain that there is some sort of thread here that can give me a breakdown of all the events that have occurred in the history of this RP, but I am having the most difficult time finding it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

2 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Okay-I’m certain that there is some sort of thread here that can give me a breakdown of all the events that have occurred in the history of this RP, but I am having the most difficult time finding it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

As far as I know, there isn’t really a set summary of all events in the RP, more like multiple posts throughout the years that have summarised different parts. These links are outdated and cover the very broad strokes, but I hope they help. If you have any questions, the Alleyverse Discord can probably help you with the specifics.

Discord: https://discord.gg/fK9hMqCe

Wiki: https://alleyverse.fandom.com/wiki/Alleyverse_Wiki

Summary Thread

(Current Era)

Edited by I think I am here.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Hey! Just wondering if we can revive all this, I’m super interested!

Hi there! Glad you've taken interest! It's been very quiet lately, but it's always nice to hear that people are interested. What were you hoping to do/revive? Anything you're interested in, specifically?

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

Hi there! Glad you've taken interest! It's been very quiet lately, but it's always nice to hear that people are interested. What were you hoping to do/revive? Anything you're interested in, specifically?

Not anything specific. Just the idea in whole, I haven’t read through any thread specifically (I don’t have much time). I figured I should ask because there’s so much lore and stuff I don’t know.

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

Not anything specific. Just the idea in whole, I haven’t read through any thread specifically (I don’t have much time). I figured I should ask because there’s so much lore and stuff I don’t know.

It is certainly a lot to take in! I will be honest, without any real idea of what you're interested in doing, I don't know how helpful I can be in getting you an experience you're after. Maybe a better question: What aspect of this world drew you in? What's cool about it, to you? :]

1 hour ago, ZincAboutIt said:

It is certainly a lot to take in! I will be honest, without any real idea of what you're interested in doing, I don't know how helpful I can be in getting you an experience you're after. Maybe a better question: What aspect of this world drew you in? What's cool about it, to you? :]

Yeah, what RCJ said. I mean, the fact that it has like all the Brando Sando worlds mushed together is just epic sounding. And also how funny the thread of People you wouldn’t want to meet in a dark alley, that hooked me as well. 
So the mushing of worlds and the humoresque-stuff? And how much it’s developed, I think that’s super cool.

38 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Yeah, what RCJ said. I mean, the fact that it has like all the Brando Sando worlds mushed together is just epic sounding. And also how funny the thread of People you wouldn’t want to meet in a dark alley, that hooked me as well. 
So the mushing of worlds and the humoresque-stuff? And how much it’s developed, I think that’s super cool.

Awesome! More to the point, what are you looking to RP? Like, do you want a cozy vibe? Do you want to play a researcher? A social activist? Anything is technically possible, and there isn’t actively anything really happening. So, what would you like to make happen?

10 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Awesome! More to the point, what are you looking to RP? Like, do you want a cozy vibe? Do you want to play a researcher? A social activist? Anything is technically possible, and there isn’t actively anything really happening. So, what would you like to make happen?

Can I be… an archeologist? (Sorry, just watched Indiana Jones and now I want to RP one)

I wanna go look for old stuff. And maybe steal it out from peoples noses. 

7 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

I made a character back in 2020 if that helps (I can't remember if I even got it approved but) 

I mean, what happened to the good ol' alleyverse mods like Ene or Voidus? Or kenod? 

Voidus is still around, I just am also an AV mod now since Ene is largely busy with site admin and discord things. Kenod was never a mod, though they did do a lot of posting back then.

7 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

I made a character back in 2020 if that helps (I can't remember if I even got it approved but) 

I mean, what happened to the good ol' alleyverse mods like Ene or Voidus? Or kenod? 

I still hang about, just the posting dropped slowly off until it was mostly just Zinc and I.

Could look into it if people want to join for a revival but it would need some pretty clear direction I think at this point.