The Chat Thread

Archer

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

I kind of do... I can imagine a villain with the aid of a specific unmade... 

on an unrelated note should we do a time jump to our meeting or do you have another idea to do with perses before then?

Excellent question! @Stormlightsongmight have something to do before our meeting, but that’s up to them to decide.

I wonder what a cell for a world full of superpowered beings would look like.

Aluminum seems an obvious option. Maybe some Smokers and Leechers, or Aviar and Larkin. Seekers or white sand would help a lot. 

Edited by Longshot97

3 hours ago, Longshot97 said:

I wonder what a cell for a world full of superpowered beings would look like.

Aluminum seems an obvious option. Maybe some Smokers and Leechers, or Aviar and Larkin. Seekers or white sand would help a lot. 

skybreakers would definitly climb the ranks quite quickly.

10 hours ago, Lunamor said:

What does the constabulary building look like? Would it have something like a jail/holding cells or does it just have offices?

@Koloss17

@TheFrugalWizard

Honestly it is intentionally left up to interpretation. Feel free to make up details! If I were to give it a guess, aluminum coated jail cells with metalborn guards is how the holding cells are kept intact. Though there’s a jail as well that is more heavily guarded.

Although, there’s a decent chance that there’s a city jail with district police stations. Hmm.

Edited by Koloss17

10 hours ago, Lunamor said:

What does the constabulary building look like? Would it have something like a jail/holding cells or does it just have offices?

@Koloss17

@TheFrugalWizard

I could definitley imagine different sections of jail for people with different powers; aluminum cells for metalborn, glass cells for smedres, etc.

31 minutes ago, TheFrugalWizard said:

I could definitley imagine different sections of jail for people with different powers; aluminum cells for metalborn, glass cells for smedres, etc.

Yeah, that’s my suspicion. Though for the constabulary, general anti-metalborn jail rooms that are meant for holding for a few weeks before having a brief trial and going to the city jail is more what I envision. A weird hybrid of Wild West jail cells and modern police offices, maybe. 

Though again, feel free to add whatever details, and I’ll roll with em. This is a minor building that I don’t plan on using for anything other than plot, so I don’t particularly care what it looks like.

I believe for Asylum’s escape plan, a solitary confinement cell is more up his alley (heh). Though that would honestly make sense, given the power Lum has with being around others.

Edited by Koloss17

8 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

@RoyalBeeMage why is Eleos so scared of the name Perses? And what does he mean by “should be gone?”

Radiants fear hemelurgy of all kinds because of the few wobs about hemelurgy stealing spren bonds. They sent a few radiants to “deal with him” only one came back alive. He was corrupt and killed the other radiants

4 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Radiants fear hemelurgy of all kinds because of the few wobs about hemelurgy stealing spren bonds. They sent a few radiants to “deal with him” only one came back alive. He was corrupt and killed the other radiants

Woah woah woah. When?? This is the type of thing you need to clear with me, as it has to do with my character, and would very much be god modding.

3 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Woah woah woah. When?? This is the type of thing you need to clear with me, as it has to do with my character, and would very much be god modding.

noted... 

Btw I’m thinking that these final scenes are going to be wrapping up the episode. Of course not wrapping up the era, but just shifting threads and giving a chance for more interactions to happen. Would that be cool with everyone?

11 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Btw I’m thinking that these final scenes are going to be wrapping up the episode. Of course not wrapping up the era, but just shifting threads and giving a chance for more interactions to happen. Would that be cool with everyone?

No objections on this end. You know what you're doing.

12 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

I’m good with that.

I plan to have my next scene with Asylum be the last scene of the episode as it will take place at midnight (cause it has to) And will effect every other plotline going forward. if anybody would like to suggest changes to this plan I am open to them. I have already run my plan by @Koloss17 and they’re ok with it.

@Lunamor @Longshot97 @RoyalBeeMage @TheFrugalWizard @Scars of Hathsin

Mind you, it is not a particularly significant affecting of plotlines. And it is certainly not going to be restricting your freedom to do with the information as you wish. It’s just planned on being a nice way to push the main plot into the endgame.

5 hours ago, Stormlightsong said:

I plan to have my next scene with Asylum be the last scene of the episode as it will take place at midnight (cause it has to) And will effect every other plotline going forward. if anybody would like to suggest changes to this plan I am open to them. I have already run my plan by @Koloss17 and they’re ok with it.

@Lunamor @Longshot97 @RoyalBeeMage @TheFrugalWizard @Scars of Hathsin

5 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Mind you, it is not a particularly significant affecting of plotlines. And it is certainly not going to be restricting your freedom to do with the information as you wish. It’s just planned on being a nice way to push the main plot into the endgame.

Full disclosure? I'm still at a loss for how to end Eighth's arc. So I am all for new and exciting developments in the plot. Will update if anything changes.

[Eza] then kept her iron burning for a second more, noting where lines entered the building. One section was conspicuously devoid of blue lines. That was probably where the jail cells were. Letting criminal allomancers near metal things was a bad idea, and the Scadrian Smokestack district probably had lots of them. She carefully walked over to the area without lines, ensuring that her footsteps were soft enough to make no noise. Eza kept low, trying to make herself as difficult to see as possible.

Phemus, Smokestack, Smokestack constabulary.

”Put ‘em in the solitary confinement cell. Station two men on the cell, but at the end of the hall. Give em rations like the rest, but nothing else! And whatever you do, don’t let anyone talk to them except for their lawyer. And that includes the guards you station!”

Phemus had to be thorough. The rascal’s powers were unpredictable, but it needed people or objects to work. Without those, the fool’s staying put. 

The solitary confinement cell was on the opposite side of the constabulary from the standard cells. It was ten cubic feet of solid concrete, with only a barred window for light. Of course, there was a guard stationed along that perimeter, so nothing should get smuggled in that way. Hopefully.

Sweating, Phemus sat down at his desk. He still couldn’t believe he caught the bastard. Now to keep em in there…

@Lunamor's character noticed a distinct lack of metal, which is where she and Eighth of the Eve assume that Asylum Smedry is being imprisoned. However, they are now in solitary confinement, which is explicitly described as having a barred window. And so we are faced with both a question to answer and a decision to make. Did Eza initially detect solitary confinement, or the Metalborn cells?

There are two options, as I see it.

1) Eza was actually noticing the solitary confinement cell, and the bars in question are aluminum (which, now that I think about it, is already pretty likely). Hence, no metal, hence what she saw, hence this is the location being targeted.

2) Eza was, in fact, detecting the Metalborn cells, and is now incorrect in her assumption of where Asylum Smedry is being imprisoned.

Option 1 has the benefit of working out pretty cleanly. Eighth and Eza would try and break in, succeed, face the guards, then go to rescue Asylum. Sometime in the process, @Stormlightsong does his Big Thing™ and everything is derailed.

Option 2, however, sets up nearly guaranteed failure for Eighth and Eza. They would have to make some tough decisions mid-heist for whether to bail, change plans, or just punch their way through (among other options). This sounds terrible, but has the narrative benefit of raising the stakes in preparation for the Big Thing™ to occur.

I post this not to metagame, but out of uncertainty. Which path is best?

@Lunamor @Stormlightsong @Koloss17 @Longshot97

Edited by Longshot97

3 hours ago, Longshot97 said:

Full disclosure? I'm still at a loss for how to end Eighth's arc. So I am all for new and exciting developments in the plot. Will update if anything changes.

@Lunamor's character noticed a distinct lack of metal, which is where she and Eighth of the Eve assume that Asylum Smedry is being imprisoned. However, they are now in solitary confinement, which is explicitly described as having a barred window. And so we are faced with both a question to answer and a decision to make. Did Eza initially detect solitary confinement, or the Metalborn cells?

There are two options, as I see it.

1) Eza was actually noticing the solitary confinement cell, and the bars in question are aluminum (which, now that I think about it, is already pretty likely). Hence, no metal, hence what she saw, hence this is the location being targeted.

2) Eza was, in fact, detecting the Metalborn cells, and is now incorrect in her assumption of where Asylum Smedry is being imprisoned.

Option 1 has the benefit of working out pretty cleanly. Eighth and Eza would try and break in, succeed, face the guards, then go to rescue Asylum. Sometime in the process, @Stormlightsong does his Big Thing™ and everything is derailed.

Option 2, however, sets up nearly guaranteed failure for Eighth and Eza. They would have to make some tough decisions mid-heist for whether to bail, change plans, or just punch their way through (among other options). This sounds terrible, but has the narrative benefit of raising the stakes in preparation for the Big Thing™ to occur.

I post this not to metagame, but out of confusion. Which path should we take?

@Lunamor @Stormlightsong @Koloss17 @Longshot97

I think that option 1 would work but it would mean the heist would have to happen at around midnight (which makes sense anyway) and and it would have to have them not reach the cell before The Big thing(TM) happens.

• 2 weeks later...

@Koloss17 @RoyalBeeMage @Scars of Hathsin @Lunamor @Longshot97 @TheFrugalWizard

Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to make sure that everyone’s okay with me doing the final post of the episode. Because it is my plan to make The Big Thing also The Final Thing of the episode so that we can start the finale section.

Edited by Stormlightsong

2 hours ago, Stormlightsong said:

@Koloss17 @RoyalBeeMage @Scars of Hathsin @Lunamor @Longshot97 @TheFrugalWizard

Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to make sure that everyone’s okay with me doing the final post of the episode. Because it is my plan to make The Big Thing also The Final Thing of the episode so that we can start the finale section.

No objections here. I've been trying to build up to Eighth and Eza getting trapped in the area outside of Asylum's cell, so that tension is at its maximum for the Big Thing™. Whether or not you feel like waiting for that is up to you, however. You've already waited a while. Though, there's something I feel I should check about now.

I'd been assuming this Big Thing™ would be something that allows Asylum to walk free, possibly with a substantial powerup. In my head, I've been imagining a vague explosion of some kind. Would you say whatever the Big Thing™ is would be enough to get Eza and Eighth out of (the current) danger

Edited by Longshot97

5 minutes ago, Longshot97 said:

No objections here. I've been trying to build up to Eighth and Eza getting trapped in the area outside of Asylum's cell, so that tension is at its maximum for the Big Thing™. Whether or not you feel like waiting for that is up to you, however. You've already waited a while. Though, there's something I feel I should check about now.

I'd been assuming this Big Thing™ would be something that allows Asylum to walk free, possibly with a substantial powerup. In my head, I've been imagining a vague explosion of some kind. Would you say whatever the Big Thing™ is would be enough to get Eza and Eighth out of (the current) danger

Well… let’s just say you’ll have a different type of problem.

Edited by Stormlightsong

@Speeding Steelrunner it’s not significant, but your character can’t really burn metals in their sleep. Theoretically pewter can instinctively be burnt while unconscious, like we saw Elend doing, but making a habit of sleeping with metals gives them time to digest, which ends up being quite toxic (see page 280 of TFE). So I wouldn’t think your character would want to be doing that on a regular basis.

28 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

@Speeding Steelrunner it’s not significant, but your character can’t really burn metals in their sleep. Theoretically pewter can instinctively be burnt while unconscious, like we saw Elend doing, but making a habit of sleeping with metals gives them time to digest, which ends up being quite toxic (see page 280 of TFE). So I wouldn’t think your character would want to be doing that on a regular basis.

As far as metal toxicity goes, I have seen some WOBs that say that Allomancers are immune to metal poisoning, although those are in direct contradiction to some things in the original trilogy, so I’m not sure which is accurate. If pewter is the only thing keeping her alive (which maybe isn’t exactly how pewter savantism is supposed to work) then you could also argue that metal poisoning is a better option than dying from lack of pewter.

Maybe I’m overestimating how bad pewter savantism is. I suppose if there’s any time you wouldn’t need pewter it would be while sleeping.

Thanks for pointing that put. I think I will edit that a bit, because it does seem a bit inconsistent.

Edited by Speeding Steelrunner

5 minutes ago, Speeding Steelrunner said:

As far as metal toxicity goes, I have seen some WOBs that say that Allomancers are immune to metal poisoning, although those are in direct contradiction to some things in the original trilogy, so I’m not sure which is accurate. If pewter is the only thing keeping her alive (which maybe isn’t exactly how pewter savantism is supposed to work) then you could also argue that metal poisoning is a better option than dying from lack of pewter.

You’re probably right. Maybe I’m just exaggerating how bad pewter savantism is. I suppose sleeping is the time where you would be least likely to need to burn pewter.

You’ll get withdrawal symptoms from being without pewter for a while, which means you’ll probably wake up grumpy, but that’s most of it. Spook for example didn’t seem to need to burn tin in his sleep.

6 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

You’ll get withdrawal symptoms from being without pewter for a while, which means you’ll probably wake up grumpy, but that’s most of it. Spook for example didn’t seem to need to burn tin in his sleep.

But I think being a pewter savant would make you rely heavily on pewter. Spook relied on tin for his senses, but it seems like a pewter savant would rely on it for physical operations. That’s just speculation, though.