Mistborn Series 2

Delightful

I was reading through interviews, and there's all this really cool stuff intended for Mistborn 3, what with space opera, Hoid as a main character, general Cosmere awesomeness, crossovers etc.

So I was wondering, beyond that it's modern era, do we know anything about Mistborn 2? I haven't seen it come up in interviews and the like. Cause honestly, I would currently rather skip 2 and just have 3 written all the sooner.

I'm trying to source these because I've heard somewhere but I can't seem to track down the specific quotes, which frustrates me to no end. Nevertheless, in the hopes someone else can:

I think I heard a few years ago that it was going to involve a Misting S.W.A.T. team going after a Mistborn serial killer. Lead's meant to be a Nicrosil Misting. Sourcing, however... :/

Here's a quote on the Mistborn SWAT team.

Anyway, the Mistborn sequel trilogy, as I've said before, takes place in a more technologically advanced version of the world, several hundred years later. They've progressed beyond steam technology to combustion engine technology, are building skyscrapers ;mdash; that level of technology. It will follow the exploits of a team of Allomancers who are kind of like an Allomantic SWAT team, a group of hybrid mercenary/deputized individuals who are brought in by the police to take out Allomancer criminals. The first book will deal with when they are called in to deal with a Mistborn serial killer. That's how it starts. It will go bizarre from there, of course, but think guns, cars, skyscrapers, and Allomancers.

(source)

He has also said that the technology level is going to be 80's-ish to early 90's.

I'm trying to source these because I've heard somewhere but I can't seem to track down the specific quotes, which frustrates me to no end. Nevertheless, in the hopes someone else can:

I think I heard a few years ago that it was going to involve a Misting S.W.A.T. team going after a Mistborn serial killer. Lead's meant to be a Nicrosil Misting. Sourcing, however... :/

Anyway, the Mistborn sequel trilogy, as I've said before, takes place in a more technologically advanced version of the world, several hundred years later. They've progressed beyond steam technology to combustion engine technology, are building skyscrapers ;mdash; that level of technology. It will follow the exploits of a team of Allomancers who are kind of like an Allomantic SWAT team, a group of hybrid mercenary/deputized individuals who are brought in by the police to take out Allomancer criminals. The first book will deal with when they are called in to deal with a Mistborn serial killer. That's how it starts. It will go bizarre from there, of course, but think guns, cars, skyscrapers, and Allomancers.

Okay, that does sound legitimately awesome. Thanks :D

It looks like third trilogy gonna be too far away from current Cosmere timeline :( I like premise of second trilogy a lot, kinda serious version of Alloy.

WOW! REALLY!? THERE'S GOING TO BE A 3RD MISTBORN SERIES!? My life is complete. It sound even more awesome.

3 not counting Alloy trilogy :)

• Chaos locked this topic