Hello! New member!

definitely, it is horrible. I almost went to a Q&A session last week but at the last minute couldn't. but I figure I would have just gotten RAFO'd or given a really cryptic answer I wouldn't have understood for weeks.

What does RAFO'd mean? Or is it just another one of his cryptic clues :P

Edited by Elsa Steelheart

They often tend to be that way. Brandon relies on Peter a lot to work out technical details that might be needed sometime but haven't actually come up in the books yet. For instance, he might have Peter determine the relative amounts of stormlight that can be stored in various types of gemstones. Brandon won't have the info memorized but if someone asks about it he'll tell them to ask Peter who will have the info worked out somewhere.

Well, wiretapping, hacking, home invasion, and stalking are also methods to get good answers, but they're generally not encouraged.

Unless an Admin gives you a licence, of course. Then you should be fine.

Oh hahahaha. Just wondering, does anyone know the date when his new book, Firefight, comes out?

The date for Firefight is January 6, 2015. Have you seen the cover for it yet? It was released last week.

Yeah I saw the cover and the new cover for steelheart too! I can't wait to read it!! Cause I absolutly loved Steelheart. I really want to find out what it's about. I can't believe it's only coming out in such a long time!!

This is, by far, the most active "new member" thread I've ever seen (and taken part in). Maybe it's because of Elsa's account name. Or maybe it's because we haven't had any prominent female new members for a long time.

Hahha thanks :) are there actually more guys than girls??

Hahha thanks  :) are there actually more guys than girls?? 

Actually, there is. Go to the Home page and scroll down to the bottom. It'll tell you what members are or have been online. Randomly check them out. 4 out of 10 are male, and another 4 are not telling. Only 2 are female.

Elsa: Since a quick scan shows you haven't yet posted there, might I direct you to the Steelheart subforum? It is not the most active corner of the site, but it should serve all your Steelheart discussing needs! :)

Thanks so much ! :)

Actually, there is. Go to the Home page and scroll down to the bottom. It'll tell you what members are or have been online. Randomly check them out. 4 out of 10 are male, and another 4 are not telling. Only 2 are female.

Oh wow :o that's kinda random, I always thought it was mixed gender. Still, Brandon Sanderson is awesome for everyone :)

Elsa: The mods do not allow double posting. They much prefer if you edit the original post. They don't want people to inflate their post counts. I only say this because you already were warned a couple times and I don't want you to anger the mods.

Elsa: The mods do not allow double posting. They much prefer if you edit the original post. They don't want people to inflate their post counts. I only say this because you already were warned a couple times and I don't want you to anger the mods.

Sorry about that! I completely did it by accident! I'll fix it.

What are mods?

Edited by Elsa Steelheart