In the name of the moon...

firstRainbowRose

So, through random pics on devart that make me wonder about the last name of characters I stumbled across a really interesting thing about Sailor Moon

In 2009, Funimation announced that it was considering an entire re-dub of the Sailor Moon series and asked people to take part in a survey on what their next project should be. The re-dub of the Sailor Moon series was included. The results of the survey have not been released to the public.

My thought, HOLY COW FREAKING YES! And I know it probably won't happen, but I wanted to share the awesome news. 'cause I'm a geek like that.

I'm all for a Sailor Moon redub. It seems like these studios are finally getting their acts together - just look at what happened with the One Piece redub, and some series, like Cowboy Bebop and Mushi-shi are excellent in English - so I'd really like to see what they could do with the series.

Also, it'd be nice to have a Sailor Moon character whose voice doesn't grate on my ears.

Agreed! Plus, funimation is the company that is currently doing Naruto and Bleach (I believe) so that means that if it has adult content, they won't remove it (read: Michiru and Haruka's relationship). At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Side note, but did you prefer the ep 1-11 Sarina better, or just hate them both equally?

Agreed! Plus, funimation is the company that is currently doing Naruto and Bleach (I believe) so that means that if it has adult content, they won't remove it (read: Michiru and Haruka's relationship). At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Side note, but did you prefer the ep 1-11 Sarina better, or just hate them both equally?

Actually, Viz is doing Naruto and Bleach. Funimation is doing One Piece. That said, Funimation definitely won't edit the show, at least for dvds. If it somehow ends up broadcasted again there's a chance the tv version could have edits though (just like the tv version of One Piece continued to have some edits even after Funimation took over).

That has to do with regulations that the dubbing studios have no control over, unfortunately. There's not much they'll be able to do about some of it.

Yah, for example I believe that Cartoon network refuses to allow smoking (though they broke that rule for Miyazaki movies, because they had too), so Sanji's smoking in One Piece still had to be edited out even in the Funimation version. Also, it seemed like Cartoon Network didn't want a show that had previously been TV-Y7 suddenly turned into a TV-PG show, so Funimation still had to tone the violence down a lot.

But at least the DVDs and web streaming of One Piece remained unedited.

Now, that would be nice.

Besides, that would mean they would broadcast the series again. Most children theas days don't know Sailor Moon, and I'd love to discuss it with the younglings in my family (I'm a big fan :P).

And they not editing some scenes would be a huge bonus ^^

By the way, have you watched the live-action Sailor Moon series? It can be found in Japanese but fansubbed in English, and they really did it with the story, closer to the manga and well-rounded characters.

Mushi-shi, Cowboy Bebop, Vampire Hunter D, and the One Piece redub were also very well done. I've heard Kekkaishi wasn't badly done either, but I've only ever read the manga so I can't say.

I agree, Throatriptron, I'd definitely watch a re-dubbed Sailor Moon. Or subbed, either one. It'll just be nice not having Usagi/Serena's terrible dub voice, and of course seeing the unedited version would be awesome.

• Chaos locked this topic