The Game and its losers.

Ink

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

*screams*

And yet a greater enigma - what even is a game? Why do games exist, and who thought of the first one? Were we dissatisfied, bored with human existence? Did we need color in the black and white of daily life?

And why is a win-lose mindset such a large part of games? Why do we love to win like we do? And why, when we lose, do we desire to drag others down with us? If we care so much for those we share the world with, why do we cause them to suffer, even in a menial and insignificant way?

All these questions and so many more, and yet the one I want the answer to most...

How long will it take for Eddie to realize how good I apparently am at gaslighting?

19 minutes ago, Ookla of Hope said:

And yet a greater enigma - what even is a game? Why do games exist, and who thought of the first one? Were we dissatisfied, bored with human existence? Did we need color in the black and white of daily life?

And why is a win-lose mindset such a large part of games? Why do we love to win like we do? And why, when we lose, do we desire to drag others down with us? If we care so much for those we share the world with, why do we cause them to suffer, even in a menial and insignificant way?

All these questions and so many more, and yet the one I want the answer to most...

How long will it take for Eddie to realize how good I apparently am at gaslighting?

*cries*

I’m just bad at telling when people are gaslighting meeee

27 minutes ago, Ookla of Hope said:

And why, when we lose, do we desire to drag others down with us? If we care so much for those we share the world with, why do we cause them to suffer, even in a menial and insignificant way?

‘Cause it’s funny.

43 minutes ago, Ookla of Hope said:

for the record, this game doesnt' have a win-lose mindset. it has a lose mindset. there is no win

1 minute ago, Ookla the Immortal said:

for the record, this game doesnt' have a win-lose mindset. it has a lose mindset. there is no win

I was talking about games in general, just coming up with game-based questions stalling my real point. Also, the more harmless existential crises I can cause, the better

1 minute ago, Ookla of Hope said:

I was talking about games in general, just coming up with game-based questions stalling my real point. Also, the more harmless existential crises I can cause, the better

yeah, I know, but I was talking about the game. Just had to point that out

• 2 weeks later...