Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

2 hours ago, Ace of Hearts said:

Hi @Silk! I'd like a slot for tomorrow please (back from vacation and ready to get back in the rhythm of submitting)

Hope you had a great vacation! Please do.

I'll probably have a couple things to submit myself in a couple of weeks, once I'm ready to shift gears from the current WIP...

On 7/5/2024 at 8:10 AM, strange24 said:

Hey @Silk on July 8th can I submit the beginning of a story? 

Please do! Just remember we ask for at least one crit for every item you submit, so make sure you tag onto one of the recent or upcoming submissions as well.

Any other takers for Monday?

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Ace of Hearts said:

I'll have a slot for tomorrow please @Silk!

Go ahead!

Incidentally, I'm hopping on a plane tomorrow to Scotland (!) and ultimately, Worldcon, so I may be a little slow to respond for the month of August. Bear with me!

On 7/29/2024 at 10:21 PM, Ace of Hearts said:

Ooh hope that's fun!

So far so good wandering around being an obnoxious tourist! Weirdly the jet lag makes my usual “get up horrifyingly early to write” routine easier.

19 hours ago, jamesbondsmith said:

Are there any spots for this week? I'd like to submit an entry for a comp I'm hoping to enter.

Also, is there a time cutoff for submissions/which time zone is it in?

There should be plenty of spots left for this week, but I'll let @Silk have the final word. We're actually traveling together in person for WorldCon so I'll give her a poke in person too 😉

There's not really a cutoff for submissions, but it's best to send the actual submission out Sunday evening/Monday morning so people have a chance to see it. You can ask to sub anytime during the week, or even for the coming week.

On 8/4/2024 at 9:58 PM, jamesbondsmith said:

Are there any spots for this week? I'd like to submit an entry for a comp I'm hoping to enter.

Also, is there a time cutoff for submissions/which time zone is it in?

Hey! Sorry for my slow response here. I’ve had my head down on another project when I haven’t been doing travel stuff around Scotland and completely forgot to check here.

As Mandamon says, no official cutoff but we do find the Sunday evening/Monday morning submissions seem to work best for people (and get the most responses). Normally I’d suggest waiting until next week at this point, but since it was my error and since you probably have a deadline for the competition, you can still submit for Aug 5 if you want. Just know that some of us will take a little longer to get back to you than we normally would! 

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2024 at 9:14 PM, ginger_reckoning said:

Hey there! I'd like a spot for this next week please

Welcome back! By all means.

I’m a little behind on responding to submissions but will hopefully be able to do some catching up on the train tomorrow…

Edited by Silk

On 8/12/2024 at 3:24 PM, Ace of Hearts said:

Hi @Silk I know I'm late but if it's possible I'd like a slot for today!

Sigh. Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. I’ve been in transit a lot and running around the north end of Scotland where the Wi-Fi is… frequently not good. Can I make good by offering you a slot this Monday?

On 8/15/2024 at 4:54 AM, Silk said:

Sigh. Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. I’ve been in transit a lot and running around the north end of Scotland where the Wi-Fi is… frequently not good. Can I make good by offering you a slot this Monday?

Sounds great! I'll take a slot for tomorrow

8 hours ago, Ace of Hearts said:

Sounds great! I'll take a slot for tomorrow

Great! 

If there’s any other takers, unless you have the chance to post your request in the next hour-ish, I’ll be late responding as I’m about to hit the flight back to North America, so I’ll be incommunicado for most of the day. I’ll try to check between connecting flights at least! 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ginger_reckoning said:

Hey! If it's not to late, could I take a spot? It won't be ready to submit until Wednesday, though

Hmm, it would be best to stick with next Monday if you're not looking at submitting before Wednesday. I know folks have mentioned before that the Monday seems to work best in terms of giving them time to review, so with things starting to pick back up again we should try to stick to that as much as possible.

Exception would be if you are working toward a deadline that requires a quick turnaround :)

Edited by Silk