The Last Post Wins!!!!!

On 8/20/2021 at 2:51 AM, Szeth Facpalm said:

I missed u!

Aw :wub: .Thanks! 

On 8/20/2021 at 7:13 AM, The One Ring said:

I missed you! Did you missed us??

Thank you for missing me!

YES! I missed you guys a lot! I kept wanting to come back here, but I just didn't get time to think of a suitable "last post". School's been soooo busy.

Also *wins

Edit: Ha! Wins for twelve hours!

Edited by Elf_at_heart

5 hours ago, The One Ring said:

Wow, a 20 hour win, congrats! How's your school like?

Thanks! 

How's my school like? Well, it is a somewhat prestigious private school. (Disclaimer- I am not an American or European. And I do not mean that to soumd condescneding. It just is what it is. So sorry, if I sounded pretentious to anyone.)

Its a pretty old school, I think around 200 years old. We have two different sets of uniforms that we have to wear. One for normal wear, and one for the sports classes. But I don't have to wear the sports one now since I didn't take sports as a subject in ninth grade.

Oh, we have different houses that are named after our founders. (Think: Slytherin, Gryffindor, etc.) Each student is put into a house and the house has its own colour as well. We have competitions where the different houses compete with each other, but sometimes we have competitions where my school competes with a few others. We also have a twin school which was founded by one of the founders of my school. My school has 4 founders, hence four houses. And that school was founded by just one of them. So sometimes we have competitions with them. My school is a day school, and the twin school is both a boarding school and day school. The teachers are pretty horrible, but hey- what you gonna do? Very few students actually care about studying, and all they talk about is..ahem, ahem..."adult stuff". But everyone bucks down and starts studying in tenth grade when the board exams come in. Over here 11th and 12 grade is called junior college and after that its called degree college which we have three years of. The tenth boards decide what kind of college you'll go to. If you get anything less than 90%, you'll probably be left begging the admissions office to let you in the college.

We get a ton of schoolwork, almost a crazy amount. But it might be worth it for the opportunities and prestige that this school offers. When people ask what I school I go to, and I say the name, they are pretty impressed. So...

Do you have any other questions? I am happy to answer them all!

So sorry for the long reply.

Edited by Elf_at_heart

Sounds like a cool school (and now I'm weirdly curious about what your school bag looks like)

Also, a few follow up questions

How do people deside which house you go into? Random? Based on your grade (the best go to house A, second best go to house B, etc.)?

What subjests are in the board exam?

How much time do you spend in the school?

21 minutes ago, The One Ring said:

Sounds like a cool school (and now I'm weirdly curious about what your school bag looks like)

Also, a few follow up questions

How do people deside which house you go into? Random? Based on your grade (the best go to house A, second best go to house B, etc.)?

What subjests are in the board exam?

How much time do you spend in the school?

My school bag looks heavy. Its jam packed with books.

The school administrators give you a house and its mostly random, but if you have an older sibling who was or is in a particular house, then there's a big chance you'll go there too. And no, its not based on grade, because you get your house in like first grade.

The subjects you choose. From first grade to eight grade, everyone has the same subjects. From ninth grade, however, you can choose some of your subjects. Stuff like English, and a Geography remains complusary, but you can choose others. Like I skipped Maths and Science and went for Economics and Commercial Studies. And instead of Physical Education, I went for Art.

In a typical school day (not online) , the school is from 7:30 am to 12:30 noon. So... 5 hours? And in online school, its from 8:00am to 12:30 noon. So same, I think.

Edited by Elf_at_heart

4 hours ago, Elf_at_heart said:

In a typical school day (not online) , the school is from 7:30 am to 12:30 noon. So... 5 hours? And in online school, its from 8:00am to 12:30 noon. So same, I think.

That little?! How many classes can you take in that time? Do you eat lunch at your school? (tho I once heard that my country has long school hours, so I might be overacting)

On 8/21/2021 at 4:35 PM, The One Ring said:

That little?! How many classes can you take in that time? Do you eat lunch at your school? (tho I once heard that my country has long school hours, so I might be overacting)

Ha Ha! Yes, that little. I totally didn't think that that was a lot of hours before your reply. :P

In a actual school day (not online) you take nine classes in that many hours. The classes themselves are of half an hour each. And you get two lunch breaks, the first being of 10 minutes, and the second being of 15 minutes.

Edit: OMG. I won for a full day!

Edited by Elf_at_heart

wow, a full day win... maybe I should have reply sooner

On 2021/8/21 at 8:19 PM, Elf_at_heart said:

Ha Ha! Yes, that little. I totally didn't think that that was a lot of hours before your reply. :P

Where I live, the private schools (that focus on studying) get a lot of hours at school, like, 7:30 a.m. to 8~9:00 p.m. and some even have Saturday school (tho it's usually only half a day) It sorta blow my mind the first time I heard about it, so that's why I was kind of curious

26 minutes ago, The One Ring said:

wow, a full day win... maybe I should have reply sooner

Where I live, the private schools (that focus on studying) get a lot of hours at school, like, 7:30 a.m. to 8~9:00 p.m. and some even have Saturday school (tho it's usually only half a day) It sorta blow my mind the first time I heard about it, so that's why I was kind of curious

Good you didn't reply sooner. Otherwise I wouldn't have won. :D

Jesus Christ, from 7:30 am to 8 or 9 pm? That's like the full day! When do you get leisure time? Never? If I went there, I would have dropped out. I need my leisure time.

Well. It could be that where I come from private schools are the norm and public schools are few. Do maybe thats why it has normal school timings. And not like that.

And the fees is not even that expensive. Most people can afford private schools.

Edited by Elf_at_heart

13 hours ago, Elf_at_heart said:

Good you didn't reply sooner. Otherwise I wouldn't have won. :D

Jesus Christ, from 7:30 am to 8 or 9 pm? That's like the full day! When do you get leisure time? Never? If I went there, I would have dropped out. I need my leisure time.

Well. It could be that where I come from private schools are the norm and public schools are few. Do maybe thats why it has normal school timings. And not like that.

And the fees is not even that expensive. Most people can afford private schools.

Well, some private schools don't have that much school hour (7:30 am~7:00 pm or something). It's still a lot of time tho, and I doubt I can survive in that sort of place

Spoiler

also, you reply really quicky

4 hours ago, The One Ring said:

Well, some private schools don't have that much school hour (7:30 am~7:00 pm or something). It's still a lot of time tho, and I doubt I can survive in that sort of place

Reveal hidden contents

also, you reply really quicky

I also doubt I can survive in that sort of place.

And I reply really quickly because this is all I do on the internet.

6 hours ago, Elf_at_heart said:

And I reply really quickly because this is all I do on the internet.

Same here, but I don’t reply as quick since I’ve been spending less and less time on the Shard since it really started to slow down