The Last Post Wins!!!!!

1 hour ago, Violet said:

Could you explain it to me?

Sure. TLT's normally just a chaotic, barely-coherent story everyone's telling, but sometimes it has a more coherent story. (Well I say sometimes, but we've been having plot for like the past 300 pages. Maybe it'll split off into another TLT RP sometime in the future.) TLT story is still pretty chaotic, but Narrators are relevant in pretty much all of it. Generally people will have one Narrator character, although not everyone makes a Narrator right away and there's at least one case I can think of when someone sort of had more than one. Narrators have the power to Narrate anything, whether that's making stuff explode, creating new worlds, or even making new characters. Some Narrators have an Avatar, or a non-Narrator character that's got an extra connection to them.

That's basically all you need to know to get started in TLT. Make a Narrator or some other character and hop in if you want.

3 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Sure. TLT's normally just a chaotic, barely-coherent story everyone's telling, but sometimes it has a more coherent story. (Well I say sometimes, but we've been having plot for like the past 300 pages. Maybe it'll split off into another TLT RP sometime in the future.) TLT story is still pretty chaotic, but Narrators are relevant in pretty much all of it. Generally people will have one Narrator character, although not everyone makes a Narrator right away and there's at least one case I can think of when someone sort of had more than one. Narrators have the power to Narrate anything, whether that's making stuff explode, creating new worlds, or even making new characters. Some Narrators have an Avatar, or a non-Narrator character that's got an extra connection to them.

That's basically all you need to know to get started in TLT. Make a Narrator or some other character and hop in if you want.

a little bit of example for you on some of those @Violet. My Narrator used to be Platypus, and his Avatar used to be Hacob.

Nameless, who had multiple Narrators?

2 minutes ago, Violet said:

Isn't everyone a narrator then?

no. There's a difference between a Narrator and an Author. The Narrator is the in-world character that can change reality, an Author is you, the person writing the posts. They can also narrate, but Narration is something only Narrators do.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

no. There's a difference between a Narrator and an Author. The Narrator is the in-world character that can change reality, an Author is you, the person writing the posts. They can also narrate, but Narration is something only Narrators do.

But shouldn't everyone be a narrator? Are there normal characters?

36 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Yeah, I saw those as Avatars, after all, there was like Valiant and Subversion at the same time for you, with Nameless not being dead, so...

Yeah you're right, I did have a couple proto-Narrators during the trial run. Was planning to have a whole bunch of them, but decided to keep Subversion around because of the whole vengeance quest thing.

16 minutes ago, Violet said:

But shouldn't everyone be a narrator? Are there normal characters?

There are normal  characters. I've got Unintelligible, who's completely normal, and Moniker, who's an Avatar of my previous Narrator who died. As I said, almost all of the time people only have one Narrator at a time, and most people have at least one non-Narrator character. Some people barely use their Narrator at all.