The Last Post Wins!!!!!

I could go on and on and on... I posted one of my rants on the Mistborn forums. Here's another one. It's long.

Spoiler

Marsh. I've been thinking about him a lot. Much more than usual. And I can't figure out why. I think... I think he deserves a happy ending. His happiness was stolen from him. It's so unfair. And the more you look at it, the more injustice you see. I want... I want to rant about him. And I will. But that... That doesn't seem like enough. With all my other characters, I've done what I do, written stories and poems about every aspect of them, drawn them and things related to them. But for Marsh it just doesn't seem like enough. I want him to have more. Because... He's not done yet. His story isn't over. And I don't know how I feel about that. Had he died in Era 1, then his pain would have ended, but.... But he wouldn't have gotten another chance. He likes his life now. No, it's not ideal, but he likes it. But neither is it enough. Not for Marsh. He deserves a paradise. But he deserves more than that. A happy ending. A smile that will stay. Not one evoked by Kelsier. I just... None of it is his fault. At all. He's the good guy. He's always been the good guys. He'll always be the good guy. But if he's a good guy, then where is his glory? His scepter, his crown? His happy ending? This isn't real life. The good guys get what they deserve. But Marsh is left with nothing. Why??

When we played the Nightwatcher game, I wished for all of Marsh's pain to go away. I assumed Ursula (my friend) would give it to me, but she gave it to Kelsier instead. And in some ways... Wouldn't that be better? Doesn't Marsh deserve what Kelsier had? Doesn't... Doesn't Kelsier deserve what Marsh went through? Seriously. I'm saying this. But then Kelsier would be the victim. And we would be stuck in the cycle again. So... Marsh. Marsh, Marsh, Marsh, Marsh, Marsh. Who hugs him? Who can he cry over any more? Where did his emotion go? Why can't he be happy? He deserves... He deserves.

Tell me, do you remember how Marsh Snapped? He Snapped when his mother was killed. Now, what does this say about who Marsh is? Kelsier didn't Snap when their mother died, and he was younger. Well, what I get from it is that Marsh is a very caring person. And you do see that a lot from him. It's just always veiled. Hidden away. Now why is that? Why hide his longing to help others? Why hide his love? I'll tell you why. Because he knows what happens when you don’t. Mare. Mare crushed him. She may not have intended to, but she ripped his heart out. He loved and lost, same as Kelsier. But the two of them took very different paths. One, a man who shies away from love but continues doing good, hating himself for every opportunity missed because he was too much of a coward to leave himself open to abuse like that again. And the other, a psychopath, reknitting himself together after going insane over what he lost. Slowly and poorly. But healing all the same.

I want Marsh to sit down and cry all the tears he never shed. Sing all the songs he never thought to sing. Laugh all the laughs he never gave in to. I want Mare to give him his heart back. Marsh isn't numb, like his brother was. He's just... Cut himself off from everything that might make him that way. He's scared. Scared, but brave at the same time. Just picture that. The sobs he never felt. What if one day, someone gave him that? Please. Let him have it. But who would give him that? Who would even be able to do that? Funny, the very first thought that came to mind was a sheepish, "Me."

I know what I'd do if I met Kelsier. My eyes would fill up with tears and, a sob building in my throat, I'd throw my arms around him and tell him everything. But Marsh? I think I'd stare at him for a moment. Right in the eyespikes. And I would whisper, "I'm sorry." If he'd let me, I'd give him a hug. But now I'm picturing that, that's something that would have to come later. After a lot of time. Maybe then he'd let it all out. Who knows? I can only imagine. It's hard to picture Marsh smiling is it? I mean really smiling? Full dimples and flushed cheeks. On the edge of laughter. I want to change that. Marsh feels just as hard as Kelsier does, maybe even more so. He's just more quiet about it. About everything. And as I'm picturing that smile, I see tears as well. He hasn't been so happy in so long. It lifts something off you, doesn't it Marsh?

7 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

I could go on and on and on... I posted one of my rants on the Mistborn forums. Here's another one. It's long.

Reveal hidden contents

Marsh. I've been thinking about him a lot. Much more than usual. And I can't figure out why. I think... I think he deserves a happy ending. His happiness was stolen from him. It's so unfair. And the more you look at it, the more injustice you see. I want... I want to rant about him. And I will. But that... That doesn't seem like enough. With all my other characters, I've done what I do, written stories and poems about every aspect of them, drawn them and things related to them. But for Marsh it just doesn't seem like enough. I want him to have more. Because... He's not done yet. His story isn't over. And I don't know how I feel about that. Had he died in Era 1, then his pain would have ended, but.... But he wouldn't have gotten another chance. He likes his life now. No, it's not ideal, but he likes it. But neither is it enough. Not for Marsh. He deserves a paradise. But he deserves more than that. A happy ending. A smile that will stay. Not one evoked by Kelsier. I just... None of it is his fault. At all. He's the good guy. He's always been the good guys. He'll always be the good guy. But if he's a good guy, then where is his glory? His scepter, his crown? His happy ending? This isn't real life. The good guys get what they deserve. But Marsh is left with nothing. Why??

When we played the Nightwatcher game, I wished for all of Marsh's pain to go away. I assumed Ursula (my friend) would give it to me, but she gave it to Kelsier instead. And in some ways... Wouldn't that be better? Doesn't Marsh deserve what Kelsier had? Doesn't... Doesn't Kelsier deserve what Marsh went through? Seriously. I'm saying this. But then Kelsier would be the victim. And we would be stuck in the cycle again. So... Marsh. Marsh, Marsh, Marsh, Marsh, Marsh. Who hugs him? Who can he cry over any more? Where did his emotion go? Why can't he be happy? He deserves... He deserves.

Tell me, do you remember how Marsh Snapped? He Snapped when his mother was killed. Now, what does this say about who Marsh is? Kelsier didn't Snap when their mother died, and he was younger. Well, what I get from it is that Marsh is a very caring person. And you do see that a lot from him. It's just always veiled. Hidden away. Now why is that? Why hide his longing to help others? Why hide his love? I'll tell you why. Because he knows what happens when you don’t. Mare. Mare crushed him. She may not have intended to, but she ripped his heart out. He loved and lost, same as Kelsier. But the two of them took very different paths. One, a man who shies away from love but continues doing good, hating himself for every opportunity missed because he was too much of a coward to leave himself open to abuse like that again. And the other, a psychopath, reknitting himself together after going insane over what he lost. Slowly and poorly. But healing all the same.

I want Marsh to sit down and cry all the tears he never shed. Sing all the songs he never thought to sing. Laugh all the laughs he never gave in to. I want Mare to give him his heart back. Marsh isn't numb, like his brother was. He's just... Cut himself off from everything that might make him that way. He's scared. Scared, but brave at the same time. Just picture that. The sobs he never felt. What if one day, someone gave him that? Please. Let him have it. But who would give him that? Who would even be able to do that? Funny, the very first thought that came to mind was a sheepish, "Me."

I know what I'd do if I met Kelsier. My eyes would fill up with tears and, a sob building in my throat, I'd throw my arms around him and tell him everything. But Marsh? I think I'd stare at him for a moment. Right in the eyespikes. And I would whisper, "I'm sorry." If he'd let me, I'd give him a hug. But now I'm picturing that, that's something that would have to come later. After a lot of time. Maybe then he'd let it all out. Who knows? I can only imagine. It's hard to picture Marsh smiling is it? I mean really smiling? Full dimples and flushed cheeks. On the edge of laughter. I want to change that. Marsh feels just as hard as Kelsier does, maybe even more so. He's just more quiet about it. About everything. And as I'm picturing that smile, I see tears as well. He hasn't been so happy in so long. It lifts something off you, doesn't it Marsh?

That was beautiful... I didn't know I needed that to be said until now. Thank you @Shard of Thought, thank you.

Well, if we're all revealing our Cosmere crushes, mine are Shallan and Jasnah.  I have parental nurture instincts for Vin, and Steris. And I feel like Adolin would be a good guy to just hang out with.