Alleyshards  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What shard should Hellbent get?

• Eye of the Oracle
    • Blade of the Champion
    • Horn of the Herald
    • None (We are not responsible for any damage caused to those who choose this option)

Hellbent screamed. His body had been used over and over again, against his will, for pages. And now they had voted. He must leave, and no assistance would be given. He flew through the hole in the fourth wall, flying, flying, as his spirit disintegrated.

~~~

Ark smiled as he watched Hellbent fly away. This is going to be fun. He looked back to the others. "I feel Xino needs to decide on one or two. And I will allow him to be fire, I'd rather have God of Trickery and god of the Wild. That's what I want. If either is taken, fire is replacing it. And I believe this is an excellent place for a Pantheon. It's like Mount Olympus."

"Uh," Ax said while unsuccessfully trying to resist from devouring an entire pizza. "Can I be God of Gluttony? Is that what we're talking about now?" He chuckled in the middle of the second sentence, stuffing another slice of pizza into his mouth. "Nah, I'll be God of Placental Predators. Tag me if anyone says that's alright."

11 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

I suppose so. @Voidus you want that title? 

Well the character of Voidus could conceivably have that title, but as for me I wouldn't say I've done that much monumentally in terms of creation. I'm the oldest member of the Alleyverse as both character and player but it's always been collaborative. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a title like that for myself.

I smiled, "I know more than you ever will about mythology. Mount Olympus was known to huge groups for thousands of years. It's still known. Let's see if anyone remembers the Alleyverse.

"Voidus, you could be god of the old!":P

Edited by Badadah

Yeah that I'm fine with, I just wouldn't want to claim credit for creation and minimize the contributions of dozens of other people.

The location of the pantheon itself should probably be relatively, if not completely, inaccessible by characters. I think someone suggested the Beyond, that's probably my preference to limit undue influence. I do like the meta-story implications of having characters interact with their writers, but if overdone it could lead to some problems, and also makes it less interesting. All things in moderation and all that.

Im concerned about the security of the fourth wall.

I think that our only assistance and affect on the alleyverse should come through prayers of characters that aren't our own or in guilds that we are a part of. We could have a temple where that can happen. Besides that we should be completely removed from the alleyverse. I'm not sure how much I like these meta plots. I think it would be cool if we were to be able to be involved occasionally, but I don't want this to turn into a whole nother level of power creep.

"I was thinking more of the main Pantheon temple, not where they actually reside. And I was thinking of character ascension: Hellbent would make a good god of evil, for instance."

I looked at Mac. "We've agreed to tone down our direct influence on the world. The Pantheon will be limited in how much it can intervene. And OP interventions are definitely out of the question unless we can all agree on them."

Edited by xinoehp512

I'm not a huge fan of character ascension to actual godhood. Even Shards aren't actually gods. In addition it means that functionally they're adding their portfolio to their authors. Maybe something like a demi-god that has a subset of their authors domain?

4 minutes ago, AxeliustheGrizzled said:

Ax laughed.

Voidus hadn't actually noticed that one, but joined in after he did. He was also confusing himself with which perspective I was writing in. Ah well.

I shrugged. "Guess Ark's taking fire, then. Goes well with Trickery, I might add."

I nodded at Voidus. "I was thinking minor gods, although we could have a major god for something that's not super important. They would be bound by the same rules as us, and their author would probably have to take a step back from them."

Edited by xinoehp512

I think that timing of the pantheon doesn't really matter, so much as the method of inserting. I think a lot of stuff will be going down in between the 2 eras, and how things are inserted could provide some direction for the Next Era

If the Era ends because of a fight between the OP characters that causes destruction and we need to step in like the Valar rounding the world in LotR, then it would be appropriate to insert as the main result of the conflict. It would also make sense for it to have a very large impact on the society and the such.

Where as if it is inserted quietly, lets say that someone discovers it, then its less likely that it will be a major player in the next Era.