Alleyshards  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What shard should Hellbent get?

• Eye of the Oracle
    • Blade of the Champion
    • Horn of the Herald
    • None (We are not responsible for any damage caused to those who choose this option)

Ah right, the time travel is an issue as well, but I was more focusing on the absorbing a shard and creating a hemalurgic kaiju though.

maybe we could get the phoenix to fight it?

... That would probably cause a good amount of property damage though...

Edit: Also, that wasn't to say I wanted to raise objections to what is going on, but to raise awareness among the others about what's happening, so we actually pay attention to it.

Edited by Ookla the Foxed

Even then, they can't have knowledge of what's going to happen, since time is still mutable. They'll know what happened in their time stream, but when they get here it means they'll only know that time stream, and our own interference will make it impossible for that to be accurate.

The Shard thing I'd really like some explanation for, because yeah casually dropping a Shard isn't something that should be glossed over.
The Kaiju I'm going to need to check with Mraize. I worry that this is just going to make more people want to imitate the DA and have their own research facilities and Kaijuu hidden as well, and Kaijuu aren't as exciting when everyone has one in their basement.

“If we want time travel, we’re going to need to do some serious planning to make sure that the whole timeline doesn’t just end up obliterating itself. Either we rigourously plan out plotlines (so we get Primer) or ignore continuity entirely (so we get Lost but with time travel), and I don’t think either is preferable.

“As for Kaijus - again, I would always lean towards underpowered rather than overpowered. It’s a similar issue to the character one.”

"Yes a council should be formed if we allow time travel to make sure things don't get out of hand. We don't want events that have happened to not have actually happened. And won't Spiked Kaijus mostly obliterate everything? Is that smart? I'm not saying no Kaijus, just you sure?"

"We're not here to argue about how deadly a Kaiju is.  That is one point that is undisputed.  We are here to discuss the shard of justice and how valid this stuff is.  I myself think that possessing the shard of justice is a bit too much for an alleyverse character. I'm a little new to all of this, but an entire shard seems big.  Too big for one of our characters."

"Then we have a consensus?  To stop Solace from getting a shard?  Here's the question, do you respond in character, or just tell him to not?  He did make this move in character, shutting it down from the outside is a little anti-climatic.  However, we do have this problem with Hellbent, so should you just shut down the shard thing?"

7 minutes ago, Ookla the spearman said:

"Then we have a consensus?  To stop Solace from getting a shard?  Here's the question, do you respond in character, or just tell him to not?  He did make this move in character, shutting it down from the outside is a little anti-climatic.  However, we do have this problem with Hellbent, so should you just shut down the shard thing?"

Really, what the hell. I've told you a thousand times it ISN'T A SHARD. The comparison is to shardblades.

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Ookla said:

Really, what the hell. I've told you a thousand times it ISN'T A SHARD. The comparison is to shardblades.

I fail to see why you decided to assume that spearman wasn't also making the comparison to shardblades.