Long Game 51: A Traitor in the Obligators

Straw

Alright, storm it. Maill. This may get me killed, but I’m going to vote for who I’m actually suspicious of and if I die, I hope it helps further the search. Snipexe. Your PMs have gotten more and more off and I’m not convinced you’re evil, but it’s the best lead I’ve got. 

(2) Mailliw: Jondesu, Cadmium Compounder,

(3) Itiah: Gancho Libre, Alvron, Lumgol,

(1) Alvron: Itiah

(2) SnipexeMailliw, Amanuensis,

I was very close to voting for Alv here, but I'm apprehensive of following Itiah's vote, considering the situation. Mailliw, on the other hand, I'm willing to give a bit of support for some meta reasons (first game playing with him in ages), but more importantly because he is the only player that's repeatedly contacted me via PMs to get me involved in the game. Not exactly alignment indicative, but its nice to know he cares.

Plus, most importantly, this makes the lynch even more divisive. With three solid and distinct people on the brink of being lynched, it becomes more likely for an eliminator to be voted on. How things go from here will hopefully be very informative.

EDIT:

@Araris Valerian, @Coop772, @Karnatheon, @Nohadon, @Rathmaskal, @Snipexe, @STINK, @Furamirionind

I think we would all appreciate some more votes. We only have a few hours left.

Edited by Amanuensis

4 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I have been trying to identify whether or not I think Snipexe is trustworthy, but as of right now, I have several reasons to think he is lying, and no reason to think he is telling the truth... However I look forward to my opinion potentially changing...

Snipexe

Can someone fill me in on what Snip is lying about? Also what the general consensus on Furam is for this game. 

Alright, what’s happening right now makes perfect sense. Of course the converts would be Mail and Aman, as they’re both exceptionally experienced. I sent/forwarded a pm chain to ITIAH before they were lynched, and no word of it was ever mentioned again. It’s simple really.

Mail has been bizarre in my pms, claiming to be a seeker then changing to smoker etc. and the way he is now claiming that my pms are off when he has never been in a pm with me is even more suspicious. 

ITIAH it has become apparent that you are the seer to me. And if I die this cycle so be it, but here’s my Elim team guess ITIAH, Mail and Aman, with Alv as another potential.

Honestly, I think today is going to be our first really good source of information from voting.  Right now, my biggest suspicion is on Maill, just some of the tone of both posts and PMs read off to me.

HOWEVER, as much as it seems a bit...odd... to lynch someone just because they survived a lynch, I think I will vote for Itiah.  *two ninjas here*  OK, I just read the ninjas...Snipexe is staking his life on an Itiah lynch...that makes things interesting and provides Snipexe as an obvious lynch target tomorrow if this lynch doesn't pull through.  I'm willing to support this for that reason alone.  With 16 players left and the lynch far from certain, Snipexe.seer wouldn't really be in a position to pull this kind of gambit.  And worst case here, we lynch Snipexe tomorrow.

(This seems a bit too simple, honestly, so I'm starting to second-guess myself)

Snipexe ITIAH

Maill being "bizarre" doesn't seem strange from what I have learned about them... In my discussion with them in PMs, they sound like they have good reason to suspect Snipexe... However, I know that at least 1 of 3 people are lying: Snipexe, ITIAH, and Maill.  Maill talks a lot, and my gut tells me Snipexe it telling the truth right now. 

Edit: ninja'd Rath

Edited by Furamirionind

I agree with Rath. Finally we’re having a productive voting day! 

Snipe, what do you mean we’ve never been in PMs? We definitely have a PM together... I actually never claimed Seeker. I claimed Soother, but then I decided I wanted to play this game more honestly and I revealed publicly. I’m still not against Itiah being evil. I’m just not sure if Snipexe is also evil or if it’s one or the other. I’m still unsure why either would lie about this situation, but this is the best I’ve got so far. 

13 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Alright, what’s happening right now makes perfect sense. Of course the converts would be Mail and Aman, as they’re both exceptionally experienced.

If you're not an eliminator then congratulations for writing the most blatantly evil statement in the history of villagers everywhere. I'm voting for Snipexe again.

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

If you're not an eliminator then congratulations for writing the most blatantly evil statement in the history of villagers everywhere. I'm voting for Snipexe again.

Well, that’s what happens when you’re me. Do I get a prize?

Edit: I mean besides likely getting lynched.

also, didn’t you already vote for me?

Edited by Snipexe

8 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Well, that’s what happens when you’re me. Do I get a prize?

Edit: I mean besides likely getting lynched.

also, didn’t you already vote for me?

I did. It was mostly a joke (in retrospect that post seems more aggressive than I intended, so I'm honestly very sorry!) but yeah. My point is I followed Mail's vote for reasons completely unrelated to you and your reply felt like a telltale sign of a nervous eliminator.

EDIT:

(2) Mailliw: Jondesu, Cadmium Compounder,

(6) Itiah: Gancho Libre, Alvron, Lumgol, Snipexe, Rathmaskal, Furamirionind,

(1) Alvron: Itiah, 

(2) Snipexe: Mailliw, Amanuensis,

@I think I am here. you may want to change your vote

Edited by Amanuensis

44 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Alright, what’s happening right now makes perfect sense. Of course the converts would be Mail and Aman, as they’re both exceptionally experienced. I sent/forwarded a pm chain to ITIAH before they were lynched, and no word of it was ever mentioned again. It’s simple really.

Hey, just because we voted for you does not mean we’re eliminators. I definitely didn’t intend for my post to come off as aggressive or anything like that, so I apologize if it did. You’re just the best suspicion I’ve had all game. But ultimately these games are about having fun, not winning at any cost. 

4 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Hey, just because we voted for you does not mean we’re eliminators. I definitely didn’t intend for my post to come off as aggressive or anything like that, so I apologize if it did. You’re just the best suspicion I’ve had all game. But ultimately these games are about having fun, not winning at any cost. 

No no no no. That’s not it all. I genuinely think you guys are elims.

5 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

No no no no. That’s not it all. I genuinely think you guys are elims.

I'm honestly very thankful I haven't been converted. Handling two games as an elim wouldn't be very fun. A part of the reason I'm wary of Alvron is because he is one of few players who knew I'm evil there and would likely advise the Seer to leave me be this game.

Well, I seem to have arrived late to this party. We've still got ~90 minutes before rollover, right? I'm kind of confused by Itiah's vote this cycle, since it isn't really doing anything. If Itiah wasn't up for the lynch then I'd probably read that as inexperienced village or elim, but it seems more like a village move here. I've expressed suspicion of Snipexe before, and find it odd that when the vote was tied between him and Itiah, a relatively large swing followed. If Jondesu was relevant in this lynch I'd probably go for him.

3 hours ago, Snipexe said:

I sent/forwarded a pm chain to ITIAH before they were lynched, and no word of it was ever mentioned again. It’s simple really.

I feel like the lynch might be set on me already, so I want to say this: you didn’t send me a PM.

Like, honestly, right now I don’t have a PM from you. I have all of my day-to-day 17S PMs, I have some from this game, none come from you.

I mean, why would you lie about that? I don’t know whether your trying to pull some sort of gambit, but please recheck whether you’ve actually sent me anything because you haven’t.

Alv Snip

12 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

I half want to vote for myself like Maill did but I think that might make me more suspicous. But for now I think I’ll vote on Alvron . It was brought up that you would be a good target for an elim conversion, I think the Seer might have taken that to heart.

You have been a key lynch leader for most of the game, and those lynches have (strategically might I add) ended in the death of a bunch of villagers.

Now, knowing the fact that there wouldn’t be many elims in a standard SE game, mislynches happen, which is to be suspected. But the fact that you’ve been leading these... there might be something more.

Another thing, is that even after explaination and defense you still were one of the main voters, which sounds like you were pushing for a lynch. Especially considering how fast that lynch turned on me. Teammates?

And on the Walin lynch, which you led, and then immediately denounced those who voted on you, while keeping your own vote.

I don’t know how much support I’ll get in the lynch, but I want to bring up these points, especially since others have appeared a little suspcious of you even before this post, including Aman.

Yes, I would make a good convert but as was pointed out, everyone knows that which means I'm now a bad convert choice.  But with that said, I become a good choice again.  Choosing to convert me is a big IKYK.

I wouldn't say I've been a key lynch leader.  Mostly all I've done is try and drive discussion early.  Mostly it hasn't worked.  Walin is the only one I've voted for that ended up being lynched so I can't by any consideration be called a lynch leader.

Yes, I'm sort of leading the lynch against you.  I wasn't the first to vote for you but I am the loudest.  Heck, I wanted you coinshotted during the night cycle so we could have a clean lynch without the 'is he a Thug or the Seer' question hanging over us.  This cycle I fully indented to lynch Maill which I had planned out in D1 right after he revealed he's a Copper burner.

I did not in fact denounce those that voted with me rather than on me which is what I assume you meant.  I simply stated I wasn't feeling good about the lynch given how fast others joined in.  As always, I fully support and encourage free choice.  If others chose to vote for Walin then that's their choice.  I would never denounce someone for it.

Yes, there have been a few suspicions cast my way.  And for good reason.  I've been trying to gain suspicion for it makes me a less likely convert prospect.  After all, why convert someone that looks like they might be lynched in a couple of cycle when there are much better options.

All in all, I feel much better lynching you this cycle now than I was feeling at the start.  Your entire post seems like an attempt to get votes off you and onto me.

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm honestly very thankful I haven't been converted. Handling two games as an elim wouldn't be very fun. A part of the reason I'm wary of Alvron is because he is one of few players who knew I'm evil there and would likely advise the Seer to leave me be this game.

Quite the opposite Aman.  The fact I knew you were evil would be a very good reason for me to convert you.  You were paying very little attention to this game or so it would seem which would make you a good choice.  Having an evil with the excuse of being busy with another game is a great way to divert suspicion.  I've done it myself a couple of times. :P 

Awww crap, I just realized that you are not in the pm I thought sent to you. No wonder you aren’t responding. I bet people are going to think that I am lying so...

itiah Snipexe

I suddenly realize why there’s a lynch against me  

Edited by Snipexe

2 minutes ago, Alvron said:

All in all, I feel much better lynching you this cycle now than I was feeling at the start.  Your entire post seems like an attempt to get votes off you and onto me.

I mean... all the power to you then? :P maybe I might have been exaggerating a bit with the ‘denouncing’ part, but it’s worth noting at that part I thought I was going to die anyway, I wouldn’t really say it was to get votes off of me this cycle.

[Insert writeup here]

I think I am here is dead! He was the Seer.

Vote Count:

I think I am here (6): Alvron, Lumgol, Gancho Libre, Rathmaskal, Furamirionind

Snipexe (3): I think I am here, Araris Valerian, Amanuensis, Mailliw73, Snipexe

Mailliw73 (2): Cadmium Compounder, Jondesu

GM Notes:

PMs are open.

Turn ends on December 22nd, at 5:30 PM.

Edited by Straw

Good job everyone (who's not evil). 12 votes out of 16 players is a good turn out. I suspect we'll be able to discern a teammate from this lynch.

EDIT:

I think I am here (3): Cadmium Compounder, Gancho Libre, Furamirionind

Jondesu (3): Araris Valerian, Alvron, Devotary of Spontaneity

Cadmium Compounder (1): Mailliw73

Lumgol (1): i think i am here

STINK (1): Amanuensis

Here's the voters of Itiah's last lynch, for comparisons sake

Edited by Amanuensis

With the Seer having survived a lynch beforehand, there should one less Elim than there would normally be but there is still a possibility of there being 3 converts as there's an outside chance Itiah started with four beads.  At least we know there's only 2-3 more to find.