Dawn of a New Era

Lord Meeker

Senate poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Great Guilds have how many additional representatives?

• 1 additional representative
    • Depend on member count
  2. 2. Which rules, listed in post, should take effect?

• Rule 1 should take effect
    • Rule 2 should take effect
    • Rule 3 should take effect
    • Rule 4 should take effect
    • Rule 5 should take effect
    • Rule 6 should take effect
    • Rule 7 should take effect
    • Rule 8 should take effect
    • Rule 9 should take effect
    • Rule 10 should take effect
  3. 3. Which shoud the elected Chancellor be from

13 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Just saying this again, The Precursors will not be represented in the government, they will instead be the people that the gov sends when someone breaks the rules.

You're welcome to submit the Precursors as the army for the new government, once the assembly is created. However, you shouldn't just assume that your army will be the one used. This new government is a republic, and this the sort of thing that needs to be voted on.

Edited by Dr. Dapper

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Hear that @Ookla the Paragon GUESS is not a real guild, sorry for missleading you.

Lol, hopefully no one will put it as their "primary" then. : P

Really though, if I sent Archer a PM saying i wish to be counted in the "Bob the Builder Consortium"... would that guild then exist, whether or not it was created? Lol.

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Lol, hopefully no one will put it as their "primary" then. : P

Really though, if I sent Archer a PM saying i wish to be counted in the "Bob the Builder Consortium"... would that guild then exist, whether or not it was created? Lol.

I mean if you got more than one person to be counted under it I think it would be able to run for representation.

Wasnt the whole point of running this through a mod to keep this secret? Lol.

Not that it wont be talked about... it will... but in general, I assume you will have like 7 people say they are selecting a certain guild, but only 4 will actually select the guild they claimed... or something like that...

Edited by Furamirionind

To recap: Don't choose the DA, GUESS, or Precrusors as your guild. I agree with the argument that if enough people join, they would become a registered guild anyway, but that'd be messy, so let's avoid that if we can. There's plenty of other fantastic guild options available.

And for the record, I intend to post the results publicly, so they won't be secret for long. The PMing is more of a convenience thing. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Paragon said:

To recap: Don't choose the DA, GUESS, or Precrusors as your guild. I agree with the argument that if enough people join, they would become a registered guild anyway, but that'd be messy, so let's avoid that if we can. There's plenty of other fantastic guild options available.

And for the record, I intend to post the results publicly, so they won't be secret for long. The PMing is more of a convenience thing. 

Wouldn't posting who's supporting who cause issues for people spying?

It could. If they really wanted to maintain their cover, they could support the guild they're spying on, but I see your point. However, publicly making the names available ensures transparency. 

Edited by Ookla the Paragon

11 minutes ago, Ookla the [REDACTED] said:

I was wondering if my character, Mack, could be an ambassador from the newcago court, and still support his own guild. 

I don’t think that the newcago court wouldn’t be under control of this government as it has its own monarch. 

What is the newcago court? is it a guild? In this system, you could even be chosen as a guild's representative even if you haven't submitted it as the one you want to be counted for...

Or is this a title or something of sorts?

Newcago Court is generally accepted as a canonical but seperate RP - it has its roots in the beginning of the Alleyverse and is considered to have begun it. It will have a different governmental system to the Alleycity as they’re already a monarchy - as we have no power over Newcago, the Queen has no power over us unless we enter her domain.