Character Battles

Lunamor

Kelsier V Hoid Round 2

How it goes down. Kelsier pulls out all of the Fullborn stops and lights Hoid up in a major way. Hoid is moderately amused. Unable to physically hurt Kelsier, Hoid lightweaves a few dozen copies of himself as a distraction (think Dr Strange V Thanos in Avengers). Hoid then puts Kel in Shard shackles that effectively hog tie him. To further humiliate Kelsier, Hoid Soulcasts the air around Kel into a giant block of Aluminum (Han Solo in Empire but with mouth and eye holes). Hoid then sells his new Survivor Statue to a particularly annoying light eyed noble and leaves Kel to suffer for a few years.

11 minutes ago, Xavier Iriarte said:

Kaladin vs Vin

Powers? Vin. No powers? Still Vin.

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

All the Shards against each other in a big free for all. Alliances and Shard-merging is allowed.

I'd out my money on Odium.

42 minutes ago, Xavier Iriarte said:

Dalinar vs adolin, no powers allowed.

I would just love to see the blackthorn fight the best duelist in alekhtar

Alternatively Kaladin vs Vin, they are roughly the same age and they are both amazingly skilled

Who would win in both cases?

HUGE SPOILER AHEAD!!!

I think that Adolin would win because, 

assuming that this is taking place sometime after the unmade that caused the thrill was captured, the lack of the thrill would take away Dalinar’s usual edge in battle.

Edited by Lunamor

5 hours ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Kelsier V Hoid Round 2

How it goes down. Kelsier pulls out all of the Fullborn stops and lights Hoid up in a major way. Hoid is moderately amused. Unable to physically hurt Kelsier, Hoid lightweaves a few dozen copies of himself as a distraction (think Dr Strange V Thanos in Avengers). Hoid then puts Kel in Shard shackles that effectively hog tie him. To further humiliate Kelsier, Hoid Soulcasts the air around Kel into a giant block of Aluminum (Han Solo in Empire but with mouth and eye holes). Hoid then sells his new Survivor Statue to a particularly annoying light eyed noble and leaves Kel to suffer for a few years.

Poor Kell... He's gone through a lot. 

5 hours ago, Lunamor said:

HUGE SPOILER AHEAD!!!

I think that Adolin would win because, 

Hide contents

assuming that this is taking place sometime after the unmade that caused the thrill was captured, the lack of the thrill would take away Dalinar’s usual edge in battle.

At the end of WoR we have a brief Adolin PoV during Dalinar's fight with Szeth. I'm going from memory here but I believe that Adolin is blown away by how well his father is fighting. This is scene happening well after the point where Dalinar stopped feeling that the Thrill in a good thing and it started making him feel sick. Dalinar is likely one of the most skilled (if not the most skilled) fighters on Roshar. That being said it would still likely be an excellent fight.

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

Personally, I would like to see a fight between Straff Venture and anyone just to watch him die again (same goes with Moash) but there's a part of me that says I would enjoy seeing Marsh and Kell fight 'cause why not but then there's another part that's super opposed to that. So how about... Adolin VS Hrathen? That'd be cool. 

9 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Personally, I would like to see a fight between Straff Venture and anyone just to watch him die again (same goes with Moash) but there's a part of me that says I would enjoy seeing Marsh and Kell fight 'cause why not but then there's another part that's super opposed to that. So how about... Adolin VS Hrathen? That'd be cool. 

The Shard blade would make that pretty tough on Hrathen. Has anyone ever asked Brandon if Dakhor bones can block a Shard Blade? If they can it would probably give him a massive edge simply from the surprise Adolin would feel at having his blade blocked by someones hand.

Another fight I would like to see is Jasnah V Malata. I think Division against Transformation would make for a cool battle. Add in the potential for Malata sliding around with Abrasion and Jasnah teleporting with Transportation and it could be a very interesting scene (would be very cool in a movie too).

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

30 minutes ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

At the end of WoR we have a brief Adolin PoV during Dalinar's fight with Szeth. I'm going from memory here but I believe that Adolin is blown away by how well his father is fighting. This is scene happening well after the point where Dalinar stopped feeling that the Thrill in a good thing and it started making him feel sick. Dalinar is likely one of the most skilled (if not the most skilled) fighters on Roshar. That being said it would still likely be an excellent fight.

Good point, I had forgotten about that.

• Chaos locked this topic