Attack of the Spam Bots!

Delightful

Double post, because this is important: baba jig is offering mantras for jobs.

Mantras are words.

'Knight Radiant' is a job description.

Baba jig has discovered the most important words a man can say!

Double post, because this is important: baba jig is offering mantras for jobs.

Mantras are words.

'Knight Radiant' is a job description.

Baba jig has discovered the most important words a man can say!

Sure it's not a Hoed mantra?

*shivers*

(I presume you've read enough of Elantris to have seen the Hoed?)

And this time it's a bot from Canada offering to solve our love problems. Probably with those blue pills :)

How boring. I find that in my spam folder every day. The love voodoo was at least something new.

Well this is a new one. Illegal passports and drivers liscences. Yep, i sure don't need those. Not one bit. Didn't click on the links or nothing. Totally ignored it.

Oi, this thread proves one theory at least, the mods are the Heralds...oh dear me.

Also, could a possible "fix" be changing the Q/A system questions and answers used inn the registration process? I've seen this used on another forum, and it helped for a little while..

Edited by Nymp

What do you write when you report a spam bot? I'm so tempted to report them as "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! PREPARE THE BANHAMMER! THE SPAM BOTS ARE COMING!"

But so far I've just gone with the boring 'spam bot.' Without the space if I'm feeling adventurous.

So I'm curious what you all do. :D

Hmm... that reminds me, in the first encounters with the spam bots (or, at least, my first encounters), I commented "You, sir, are on the wrong section and forum". There was no one else on the page except for the bot, yet I received an upvote.

ARE THE BOTS TRYING TO CORRUPT US WITH UPVOTES!?!?!

Spambots all over General Brandon Discussion! Or, just one. Thankfully, this is the first time that I've seen one on the site, and it makes me grateful for the members who spend time to report them, but makes me VERY grateful for the staff who get rid of them tirelessly. Keep up the good work!

And, Lo, did the spambots plague the forum, like locusts, like rats, and they did offer unto the people of Sanderson black magic, and they did offer that strange thing unknowable, love; and they did spread dark and terrible like the flowing tide across the places held dear here.

Hours they burnt and devoured, and hours did the people of Sanderson suffer, for they could banish not the fiends, and for all their wishing and futile efforts, no red arrow did hinder the flood, and though they called to the heavens, no sign passed and they grew weary and dispondent and said, "Oh Moderation, have you forsaken us?"

And then, as there was no hope left, the people of Sanderson drowning upon the cursed wave, did a light shine down from the clouds, like stars distilled upon water, and a Moderator descended, and Lo, the sight was glorious.

With flailing banhammer and coffee'd mug did the Moderator scorch the beasts, and they did retreat into the ether like a fog in bright sun, and the Moderator said in a voice like morning and the memory of sleep, "Seriously, when are we gonna update the filters?"

Edited by Swimmingly